• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

cooper kupp

bhumble said:

Absolutely! Hands down the best choice. He told Stafford yesterday, "throw me the ball, I will get us in range!" He burned that corner twice easily! Shades of what he used to do to the Big Sky!

Love to see him win the MVP!

...hold on there pilgrims...
...let's not get to excited here...
...like the hiesman..mvp is a q b prize...

...wta*f...

...* actual...

zengriz said:
...hold on there pilgrims...
...let's not get to excited here...
...like the hiesman..mvp is a q b prize...

...wta*f...

...* actual...
Fair amount of discussion among the "experts" ... with almost unanimous agreement that, while Kupp might deserve it, it will go to a QB.

poorgriz said:
Cowboys84 said:
Young, rich professional athlete who gets to live in the los Angeles area.... Unlike some over here who only pretend to live out there .

Uh..... Wat?

It can be a difficult concept, but if you live in Calabasas or Pacific Palisades for example (where many rich people live), you don't exactly go to Compton or East LA in your day-to-day life. Just because you live in an area doesn't mean you frequent ALL of the area.

poorgriz said:
Cowboys84 said:
Young, rich professional athlete who gets to live in the los Angeles area.... Unlike some over here who only pretend to live out there .

Uh..... Wat?

There are parts of LA where I would LOVE to live. There are parts where I wouldn’t go after dark…just like most large urban areas….

poorgriz said:
Cowboys84 said:

Uh..... Wat?

does this mean my house loan is only pretend? fuckin' a :thumb:

CDAGRIZ said:
poorgriz said:
Uh..... Wat?

It can be a difficult concept, but if you live in Calabasas or Pacific Palisades for example (where many rich people live), you don't exactly go to Compton or East LA in your day-to-day life. Just because you live in an area doesn't mean you frequent ALL of the area.
So your dissing of Compton and East LA sounds a bit racist. lol

I lived in the area for about 7 years. The worst part may be the compromised mobility with the traffic jams everywhere. Not a way to live for me.

kemajic said:
CDAGRIZ said:

I lived in the area for about 7 years. The worst part may be the compromised mobility with the traffic jams everywhere. Not a way to live for me.

Uh, no. There are many types of people who live in those areas, but they are higher crime areas than the other two I mentioned. I figured he was getting at the common refrain cable news seems to repeat that all of LA is riddled with crime. It’s just not true no matter how much people want it to be.

CDAGRIZ said:
kemajic said:

Uh, no. There are many types of people who live in those areas, but they are higher crime areas than the other two I mentioned. I figured he was getting at the common refrain cable news seems to repeat that all of LA is riddled with crime. It’s just not true no matter how much people want it to be.
How do you rate the Hancock Park area? The Kupfer family is not high on it.

The DA has certainly made his impact.

kemajic said:
CDAGRIZ said:

Definitely not without its problems, and I wouldn’t live in any but a few cities in LA County. I used to live in one such area, but it was just too congested for my taste (like you mentioned). Much better in the county to the south in my opinion.

kemajic said:
CDAGRIZ said:

Didn’t see that edit. I’ve only been through there maybe twice. I think it seems like a once very affluent area that has gone downhill. But that began like 30 years ago. I wouldn’t live there, but that’s just me.

CDAGRIZ said:
kemajic said:

I’ve only been through there maybe twice. I think it seems like a once very affluent area that has gone downhill. But that began like 30 years ago. I wouldn’t live there, but that’s just me.
That seems to be more general for the area than you imply. Today's Orange County is not the place I used to live. The Hole-In-the-Fence Beach at Doheney and the Swallows Inn are all that I miss from CA. Maybe the Quiet Woman in Corona DM. I've never missed the commute. Still good football. Knight is from SJC and Bergquist from San Clemente.

It is interesting when I started a thread over on AGS about Cooper Kupp and got drilled for doing so. Guess I won't ever start a thread over there again!

CDAGRIZ said:
poorgriz said:
Uh..... Wat?

Good for you. I just don't understand the concept of somebody "Getting" to live in LA, or even CA for that matter. Yes, I've been there many times and not once have I ever, ever considered moving there. If I were a billionaire and had fifty houses all over the world, none of them would be anywhere near LA... well MAYBE San Diego would crack my top fifty. But that's just me - I'm sure you love it.

poorgriz said:
CDAGRIZ said:

Good for you. I just don't understand the concept of somebody "Getting" to live in LA, or even CA for that matter. Yes, I've been there many times and not once have I ever, ever considered moving there. If I were a billionaire and had fifty houses all over the world, none of them would be anywhere near LA... well MAYBE San Diego would crack my top fifty. But that's just me - I'm sure you love it.

Oh, I don't live in LA. I definitely do not love LA. Let's see, getting it back to Kupp, what are some NFL alternatives? Cleveland, Pittsburgh, Detroit, Bay Area, Vegas (not bad), New Orleans (fun to visit), DC area, Indy, Green Bay, Atlanta, Dallas (prob not bad), Houston (meh), Chicago, Nashville (pretty sweet), Philly? Like anywhere with millions of people, I'm sure all of these places have good and not so good places to live.

Keep in mind that Kobe lived in Newport Beach, and Kupp lives about an hour from LA.
https://www.amlu.com/2021/05/22/rams-cooper-kupp-buys-in-westlake-village-for-4-1m/

CDAGRIZ said:
poorgriz said:

Oh, I don't live in LA. I definitely do not love LA. Let's see, getting it back to Kupp, what are some NFL alternatives? Cleveland, Pittsburgh, Detroit, Bay Area, Vegas (not bad), New Orleans (fun to visit), DC area, Indy, Green Bay, Atlanta, Dallas (prob not bad), Houston (meh), Chicago, Nashville (pretty sweet), Philly? Like anywhere with millions of people, I'm sure all of these places have good and not so good places to live.

Keep in mind that Kobe lived in Newport Beach, and Kupp lives about an hour from LA.
https://www.amlu.com/2021/05/22/rams-cooper-kupp-buys-in-westlake-village-for-4-1m/
An hour away could be just a few blocks....

kemajic said:
CDAGRIZ said:

An hour away could be just a few blocks....

:lol: It’s 40 miles in this case. With the Rams’ practice facility in Thousand Oaks, I’d bet he only goes to Inglewood for games.

I forgot about New York City (another place people say they could never live, and I agree). But, I bet you could play a long career there without ever going to Manhattan unless you wanted to.

Back