• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

BOWLS

Cuervohola

DONOR
For those that still want to move up, what would be the point? There's obviously no way they would play in the 4 team "Playoff" system, so they would be relegated to an idiotic Bowl game, which I think they would make every year, but ???

1-AA is where it's at, forever and ever Amen.

Here's some of this Year's... No Hookers and Coke Bowl yet again.

Cure Bowl... The 80's No Hit band?
RoofClaim.com Boca Raton Bowl... No.
Cricket Celebration Bowl... Celebration of those bastard insects?
Jimmy Kimmel LA Bowl... Guess he's desperate for publicity because nobody watches his stupid shit.
Union Home Mortgage Gasparilla Bowl... What the Hell is a Gasparilla?
Quick Lane Bowl... Huh?
TicketSmarter Birmingham Bowl... Is it though?
Guaranteed Rate Bowl... No
Wasabi Fenway Bowl... This I like... Tastes good, but Wasabi isn't a company.
TransPerfect Music City Bowl... The Richard Levine Bowl wasn't approved?
SRS Distribution Las Vegas Bowl... Nobody knows or will ever know what SRS Distribution is.

Cuervohola said:
For those that still want to move up, what would be the point? There's obviously no way they would play in the 4 team "Playoff" system, so they would be relegated to an idiotic Bowl game, which I think they would make every year, but ???

Jimmy Kimmel LA Bowl... Guess he's desperate for publicity because nobody watches his stupid shit.
Quick Lane Bowl... Huh?
SRS Distribution Las Vegas Bowl... Nobody knows or will ever know what SRS Distribution is.
Yeah, who would ever want to watch Utah vs. Ohio St. in the Rose Bowl. Real downer.

kemajic said:
Cuervohola said:

Quick Lane Bowl... Huh?
Yeah, who would ever want to watch Utah vs. Ohio St. in the Rose Bowl. Real downer.

But Montana will never be in a Power 5 conference or play in the Rose Bowl.

kemajic said:
Cuervohola said:

Quick Lane Bowl... Huh?

The Griz would never be eligible for the Rose Bowl no matter what.

HelenaHandBasket said:
RainierGriz said:
Agreed. Until the NCAA creates a separate playoff bracket for the group of five teams, no thank you.

This is exactly what the NCAA wants to do, add another money-loser playoff.

I’m not so sure a GO5 playoff would be a definite money loser. Start out with the top 16 ranked GO5 teams for a bracket. If Boise State were to host say a coastal Carolina or visa versa, I’d be willing to bet there’d be just as many butts in seats as if they were to meet in the Dukes Mayo Bowl at a neutral location.

I do love the playoffs and excitement to win a national championship. Sadly now our regular season games are now division 2 teams that have moved up to FCS. You wonder why the regular season games don't sell out? In my opinion people are not excited to see Dixie St, Portland St, Northern CO, or the teams that have moved to the WAC. Even if the FBS went to a 16 team playoff do you think we would even have a chance of winning a national championship in that division? So it is not that they have a playoff that we can participate in. It is the love tonsay your a national championship. Sadly out division is becoming the old division 2. I rather have regular season games agianst Colorado St, Wyoming, Washington St, BYU, Oregon St. If we stay at FCS we never will play a mid major team. They don't pay enough for us to go there and they will never come here. So it becomes what is more important to the fans. Winning a national championship against most old division 2 or having regular season games against mid major teams all season long, plus an opportunity to have power 5 team come to WA Griz. In my opinion I choose the latter. But I will still support my team but skip out non interesting game.

flowtowngriz said:
I do love the playoffs and excitement to win a national championship. Sadly now our regular season games are now division 2 teams that have moved up to FCS. You wonder why the regular season games don't sell out? In my opinion people are not excited to see Dixie St, Portland St, Northern CO, or the teams that have moved to the WAC. Even if the FBS went to a 16 team playoff do you think we would even have a chance of winning a national championship in that division? So it is not that they have a playoff that we can participate in. It is the love tonsay your a national championship. Sadly out division is becoming the old division 2. I rather have regular season games agianst Colorado St, Wyoming, Washington St, BYU, Oregon St. If we stay at FCS we never will play a mid major team. They don't pay enough for us to go there and they will never come here. So it becomes what is more important to the fans. Winning a national championship against most old division 2 or having regular season games against mid major teams all season long, plus an opportunity to have power 5 team come to WA Griz. In my opinion I choose the latter. But I will still support my team but skip out non interesting game.

Plus and minus to both arguments. Initially there would be excitement but there are bad teams even in the next level. Is Wa-griz a guaranteed sellout for a visiting UNLV, New Mexico, or Co St.? Especially IF we become a regular 5-5 team? I would undoubtedly be excited but would the average fan or household in Missoula?

flowtowngriz said:

Where would the money come from to do all this.

fanofzoo said:
flowtowngriz said:

Same place it does for every FBS program.

I assume that all of you who say playing for a national championship is the only goal fully support the GRIZ and Lady Griz BB teams dropping down to DII, right?

Totally agree. Don’t see the point of moving up and getting a bowl game. Love watching the playoffs and the excitement it brings. Bowl Game. Not so much

EverettGriz said:
fanofzoo said:

I assume that all of you who say playing for a national championship is the only goal fully support the GRIZ and Lady Griz BB teams dropping down to DII, right?

Did you factor in the "idaho" didn't work numbers?

Sorry unless you and your buddies pony up about 100 VERY large

EverettGriz said:
fanofzoo said:

I don’t think I’m understanding your basketball example. Can you elaborate?

RainierGriz said:
EverettGriz said:

I don’t think I’m understanding your basketball example. Can you elaborate?

The GRIZ and LG will never have any more of a shot at a national basketball title than the GRIZ FB team would if it moved to the FBS. Yet I've never met anyone who wants to move down to DII to have a chance to do so. If it's preferable in BB to play at the highest level with no chance of a title, why isn't it in football?

Back