• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Justin Ford Should Win The Buck Buchanan Award.....

Well, a cornerback has only ever won it once, and that was future NFL All Pro Rashean Mathis way back in 2002. He had 14 interceptions, 3 pick-sixes and 1 fumble recovery touchdown that season.

I wouldn't be surprised to see Ford as a finalist, but I think the voters value sacks/tackles more from linebackers/DEs.

He'd have my vote if I had one, though. :thumb:

NINE PICKS.

THREE TOUCHDOWNS.

Damn impressive for a defensive player who isn’t supposed to have the football. Who knows how many tackles, sacks, and pass break ups he has.

These are stellar numbers. Give him the damn trophy, or at least a cookie. He deserves it!

...he is the defination of "lock down"...
...got burned once..that's the nature...
...the kid is a joy to watch play football...

... :cool: ...

Single handedly shutting down the Cats’ passing game security blanket, McCutcheon, had a huge impact on slowing down their run game.

Should have won Big Sky Conference Defensive Player of the Year with his historic season. Unfortunately, the coaches were in to lifetime achievement awards and Senior feel good stories. No disrespect to Troy Anderson who is a fine player and has accomplished much in his career, but his season stats so don’t remotely approach Ford’s which might be achieved again in 30 years. Unfortunately, I doubt Ford makes the final 3 of the Buck Buchanan Award. Ford will be on everybody’s radar next year and it will be nearly impossible to replicate this season’s numbers.

Totally agree. His interceptions in consecutive games and scoring is much more valuable than the bulk numbers than the linebackers that he is in competition with. Sacks, tackles, and TFL are great, but what he does is take a possession away! He has shortened the field for the Griz, and stopped the most of the best WR in the conference. There’s a reason cornerbacks make more money than linebackers in the NFL. You can put them out on an island, and they can contain some of the most skilled athletes on the opposing team. I’m not saying Andersen and O’Connell aren’t great or invaluable, but Justin Ford has absolutely been more valuable. Someone said in another thread: “interceptions > sacks“! What sucks is, he probably won’t get it.

Back