• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

80 pass attempts! đŸ€Ż

Maxim

DONOR
The box score said #3 attempted 80 pass attempts. I have never seen or heard of that before. Oh and fuck the eagles for their garbage td. Oh and fuck the refs. He was absolutely garbage, probably the worst ref I ever seen in person. It was like he was trying to get the eagles to win.

47-80 530 yards 5 TD plus one touchdown for the Griz. They almost doubled us in yardage. 608-368.

Most important stat of all, they took home the fucking L.

dupuyer griz said:
47-80 530 yards 5 TD plus one touchdown for the Griz. They almost doubled us in yardage. 608-368.

Most important stat of all, they took home the fucking L.

Absolutely.

dupuyer griz said:

Most important stat of all, they took home the f###[#] L.

For a while I was hoping to double their score.

Any time a team throws the ball 80 times you KNOW they’re desperate. And believe you me, as a Texas Tech fan, I KNOW desperate and saw a LOT of games where Mahomes threw 65-80+ passes.

The REAL score was 50-24. The TD’s after that were garbage time against the 2’s. But for EWOO faithful (all 7 of them), 57-41 sounds/looks better.

175 of their offensive yards came after they were down 50-24 with 8 minutes to go and we went to backups and prevent “keep everything in front of us” defense.

Stats are meaningless and honestly don’t worry me a bit. We will not see another offense like that in the playoffs. Conversely, we probably won’t see another defense that’s that bad either
we haven’t run “at will” like we did last night in quite a long time.

I'm actually thrilled that Eastern threw the ball that much because it makes the game last so much longer which meant that I could get home from my event and watch the fourth quarter on a screen larger than my tablet.

If you think about it, Montana also had a lot of short fields. With the returns from Grave, Bergen and the defensive turnovers, Montana started quite a few drives near mid-field or in plus territory. I agree, the only stat that matters is on the scoreboard.

Ewoo ran FIFTY more plays than Montana. That is ridiculous. And 80 passes is just as insane.

Total yardage was basically even as Montana had over 200 return yards. Overall, Montana dominated, and I sure am glad Kent got us that easy second round matchup

It was actually 81. They announced 80 on the touchdown, and then he threw again for the extra 2 points. Crazy.

dupuyer griz said:

Most important stat of all, they took home the f###[#] L.

This is why straight analytics aren’t always good for the game. Let’s take into account special teams helping out our offense. We had 207 yards in kickoff and punt returns. That’s more like 575 yards of field movement for our team and resulted in a lot of short short fields. They kept taking fair catches (31 total kickoff and punt return yards) and had to go on 75 yard drives. That brings their field movement to 639. 639 to 575 is a lot more even than those ridiculous stats in the context of offense only. I Appreciate the fact that we have a coach that emphasizes special teams. Having a team last night that executed in all 3 phases was worth the price of admission for the season.

Wolf777 said:
... This is why straight analytics aren’t always good for the game. Let’s take into account special teams helping out our offense. We had 207 yards in kickoff and punt returns. That’s more like 575 yards of field movement for our team and resulted in a lot of short short fields. They kept taking fair catches (31 total kickoff and punt return yards) and had to go on 75 yard drives. That brings their field movement to 639. 639 to 575 is a lot more even than those ridiculous stats in the context of offense only. I Appreciate the fact that we have a coach that emphasizes special teams. Having a team last night that executed in all 3 phases was worth the price of admission for the season.
As most of you know, I'm a numbers guy. But I totally agree that "traditional" ways of presenting some of the numbers do not give an accurate picture for some games.

Actually, this game and the Brawl would make a great clinic video (highlights anyway) on how to use Special Teams to gain an on-field advantage. Scares me how good Hauck is at this ... one of these days, someone (pro of college, doesn't matter) is going to come along and offer him a world of money to be their ST coach.

Let’s hope his love and contentment in Montana is all he needs. Maybe if we move up it’s a non issue 😉😉

I also think it’s too bad we didn’t have 5 interceptions last night and win that game by 40. The stats might have looked a little more appropriate.

https://gogriz.com/news/2021/12/4/football-griz-get-redemption-on-eagles-advance-to-fcs-quarterfinal.aspx

“Empty calories,” said Bobby. :lol:

80 passes and must have been 10 holding calls missed. The Eags were holding on almost every play and never called. Honestly, one of the worst reffing games I've witnessed. Lucky we got the W .

I seriously wonder what the score would've been had some holds been called. That was unreal watching those "refs" last night...also, last I checked, grabbing a dude's face mask and pulling on it trying to stiff-arm someone is a face mask on offense, and one of MANY missed penalties

HelenaHandBasket said:
grizpack said:
It was actually 81. They announced 80 on the touchdown, and then he threw again for the extra 2 points. Crazy.

2 point plays are not included in official stats.
81 was listed as a team pass; maybe that was that goofy fumble pitch that was ruled a backward pass and we recovered.

After we put a 34-7 run on them in the middle of the game our D schemes changed from attack to coverage, allowing them a lot of completions in front of us with good hits on the receivers, little YAC and minimizing the chance of mistakes that might have gotten them back into the game.

Back