• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

JMU board

griz4life said:
Montana has fewer penalties for the season than, JMU.

61 v. 65

Yeah but ours are all personal fouls. And targeting. And manslaughter.

ChicagoDuke said:
grizzliesthetics said:
Over on the JMU board they seem to believe that MT is one of the dirtiest FCS teams. When did this become a thing?

This, my friends, is what they call a False Narrative.

Please don't take the words of a single poster and apply it to all JMU fans. If you actually read through our boards you'll find that overall everyone deeply respects your program and won't take it lightly. You'll hear us call your defense "nasty" and "filthy", which last time I checked are complimentary things to say about a defense. You play to the echo of the whistle and well, that's the game of football. There's a razor's edge between tough football and drawing penalties, and you guys walk that line very well. Teams that play you hate it, but respect it as well.

It should be noted that there's also a singular JMU fan, who goes by the name "Purple" who is over there calling your team dirty. You're going to learn to hate that guy, and when you do you'll be joining the rest of us. The guy is a world-class a-hole. Every fan base has a couple of those types, and he's ours. He doesn't represent what we all think about the Griz. He's got a few other a-hole pals, but for the most part they represent about .01% of our fans. Most of us are nice folks who love our team and respect good opponents.

So with that said, I'm personally really looking forward to playing you guys, and hopefully getting some revenge for that awful game back in 2008. Good luck!
šŸ˜šŸ»

EverettGriz said:
RayWill said:
Comes from 2008, they think the Griz purposely hurt QB Rodney Landers in order to win the game when he was hurt on a clean tackle. Also supposedly Montana smack talks a lot and tries to provoke the other team. They seemed to to think there were a lot of late hits against Eastern too. I didn't see it and neither did the refs. Overall I got the feeling the excuse train was being set up as they are not looking forward to playing Montana

Yep. Maddie fans want ZERO to do with Montana. They were so sure they were going to beat us silly in that semifinal game and instead we went in there and just physically beat them up. They know more of that is coming and they donā€™t want it.
One of the funest games I've ever seen. #1 JMU talking down to us like we were just a box to check off on their way to a NC. I've never seen such a quiet stadium at the end. A real trail of tears. Jeff Fisher sat right across the isle from us. Will never forget the wheel route TD to Chase. Broke their back.

CocoaBear said:
I know there are some resident EWU fans on these boards and as much as I despise that team, I don't wish to start anything. But I watched plenty of non-Montana EWU football this season and can say that I have not seen any other team that played as dirty week after week as the Eags.

If yesterday is the game people are looking at to say the Griz play dirty, I suggest they watch some of the previous games. Dirty play from one team begets dirty play from their opponents, and that showed last night. I saw some Griz plays that I was not proud of but I also know why they happened - EWU's players instigated a lot of the hate. No excuses for Robby's leg sweep or O'Connell's leg twists, though. I was not happy to see that. But compare the play of EWU's OL and UM's. Big difference in how cleanly each one plays, and I suspect that was a big part of why the Eagles were so successful in passing. Barriere's a great QB, don't get me wrong. But it's much easier to throw the ball when your OL holds repeatedly and doesn't get caught. And for anyone who wants to argue that EWU's OL wasn't constantly holding - I and my brother both played center, and I know a hold when I see it.

Not to mention the constant taunting from EWU players, both on and off the field. I guess living in a perpetually depressing town like Cheney makes people do that.

the attempted trip was not the best move for sure. O'Connell did nothing dirty. Watch any defender when the player does not go down, they twist. If you watch the play, it was made worse when the Eastern lineman hit O'Connell when he was down and it put pressure on EB's leg.

BillingsMafia said:
I watched the game and my take is the Griz were really coached up to do what needed to be done. Not dirty but getting done what needed to be done. Eags poked the bear all week and simply got what they started. The Gavin hit on the loud month receiver was perfect. Legal and rocked him to the bone. Poking the bear has consequences.
Every receiver seemed to be checking where GR was on every play. They got off easy in Cheney when he was out.

ChicagoDuke said:
grizzliesthetics said:
Over on the JMU board they seem to believe that MT is one of the dirtiest FCS teams. When did this become a thing?

Please don't take the words of a single poster and apply it to all JMU fans. If you actually read through our boards you'll find that overall everyone deeply respects your program and won't take it lightly. You'll hear us call your defense "nasty" and "filthy", which last time I checked are complimentary things to say about a defense. You play to the echo of the whistle and well, that's the game of football. There's a razor's edge between tough football and drawing penalties, and you guys walk that line very well. Teams that play you hate it, but respect it as well.

It should be noted that there's also a singular JMU fan, who goes by the name "Purple" who is over there calling your team dirty. You're going to learn to hate that guy, and when you do you'll be joining the rest of us. The guy is a world-class a-hole. Every fan base has a couple of those types, and he's ours. He doesn't represent what we all think about the Griz. He's got a few other a-hole pals, but for the most part they represent about .01% of our fans. Most of us are nice folks who love our team and respect good opponents.

So with that said, I'm personally really looking forward to playing you guys, and hopefully getting some revenge for that awful game back in 2008. Good luck!

You are right. I saw plenty of compliments too. Our Purple is Growler and his 133 usernames. Purple indeed sounds like an idiot

It's probably because the regs play for the other teams. Like EWU game, we got called for damn near anything they could make up. Yet I seen EWU get away with multiple fouls, including a couple face masks, lots of interface, holding, and other bullshit. When I think the refs can't be any more biased, they keep proving me wrong. I swear to God someone pays these refs off.

kemajic said:
BillingsMafia said:
I watched the game and my take is the Griz were really coached up to do what needed to be done. Not dirty but getting done what needed to be done. Eags poked the bear all week and simply got what they started. The Gavin hit on the loud month receiver was perfect. Legal and rocked him to the bone. Poking the bear has consequences.
Every receiver seemed to be checking where GR was on every play. They got off easy in Cheney when he was out.

+ 1

ordigger said:
ChicagoDuke said:

You are right. I saw plenty of compliments too. Our Purple is Growler and his 133 usernames. Purple indeed sounds like an idiot

Yep if you read the other posts it is clear that the fanbase over there is pretty knowledgeable and clear headed as this poster states. More I have studied about them this year MT is really matched well against JMU. Montana's strengths play right into JMU weaknesses. JMU is a stout team but MT maybe ahs the best shot of any team in the bracket of beating them. At least on paper.

RayWill said:
ordigger said:

Yep if you read the other posts it is clear that the fanbase over there is pretty knowledgeable and clear headed as this poster states. More I have studied about them this year MT is really matched well against JMU. Montana's strengths play right into JMU weaknesses. JMU is a stout team but MT maybe ahs the best shot of any team in the bracket of beating them. At least on paper.
Villanova already did it.

Griz Addict said:
It's probably because the regs play for the other teams. Like EWU game, we got called for damn near anything they could make up. Yet I seen EWU get away with multiple fouls, including a couple face masks, lots of interface, holding, and other bullshit. When I think the refs can't be any more biased, they keep proving me wrong. I swear to God someone pays these refs off.

Even my 9 year old son called what should have been an offensive facemask, against Eastern. Oh well.

PhxGriz said:
Fahque said:

Exactly. Everyone knows we only throw Potatoes.

PhxGriz, Fixed it for you.

As to their original concerns, those items must be common place at Harrisonburg. Personally I have seen beer cans, as to the other items that must be a CCA thing

kemajic said:
RayWill said:
Villanova already did it.
I meant on our side of the bracket

Was on their board and do not get the comments that the Griz defense is not that great and that JMU can beat the Griz in the air since EWU couldn't.

Still don't understand the Griz being called dirty football players....football is hard hitting...must be east coast pussification

fltheadgriz said:
Was on their board and do not get the comments that the Griz defense is not that great and that JMU can beat the Griz in the air since EWU couldn't.

Still don't understand the Griz being called dirty football players....football is hard hitting...must be east coast pussification

That Purple dude is hilarious. He's writing some great fiction about the 2008 game.

Back