Bobcat OC "We got our ass kicked" video

Get the low down on Griz/FCS Football
User avatar
Paytonlives
Moderator
Posts: 16708
Joined: Mon Jan 24, 2005 9:31 pm
Location: MT!!!!!

Nice to see an honest kitten... but geez...
Would you run through the wall for this guy?
BelgradeBobcat wrote: Wed Nov 24, 2021 6:18 pm
Bobby Hauck 2008 (After beating the kittens)

"I wish there were 5 quarters in this game, so we could kick their asses some more!"
Cowboys84
Posts: 155
Joined: Mon Sep 28, 2020 12:15 pm

Paytonlives wrote: Thu Nov 25, 2021 6:06 am Nice to see an honest kitten... but geez...
Would you run through the wall for this guy?
BelgradeBobcat wrote: Wed Nov 24, 2021 6:18 pm
It's a press conference after they got their asses handed to them...of course he was subdued... How did you expect him to sound?

He took responsibility for the game plan that obviously didn't work. He was very complimentary of the grizzlies...

Did you expect him to be smiling, and laughing and loud..if he did that, some of you would be calling him something like what an "asshat"...,🙄🙄
User avatar
blackfootipa
eGriz Club
Posts: 472
Joined: Wed Feb 12, 2014 12:45 pm

Vigen should never let his 1st year, young coordinators do a press conference, especially after a loss to your rival. That was a train wreck.
User avatar
wbtfg
Posts: 6226
Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2003 8:26 am

Not sure if he was surprised by having to speak at the presser or what, but he looked ill prepared and it didn’t turn out great.

I’m sending a trend…..
“He has the physical ability, plus that intangible you can’t coach — leadership skill,” Reid said. “You can’t always find it. But you feel lucky when you find someone who has it. He has it all. He’s Dave Dickenson — one of greatest quarterbacks we’ve had here — in a bigger, stronger, more athletic body. That’s Travis Lulay.”
nzone
Posts: 2685
Joined: Tue Aug 22, 2006 12:46 pm
Location: Great Falls

Not sure of the hoodie. Probably should have on cat colors and not look like a middle school coach but have to like his honesty. They did get their ass kicked!.

Go,Griz!
HookedonGriz
eGriz Club
Posts: 8963
Joined: Mon Sep 20, 2010 9:18 pm

I liked his honestly of “we got our asses kicked”

If I was a Cats fan, I’d be pretty concerned that he didn’t seem to have any idea why. Seemed like a deer in the headlights here for sure. Not a good look and no confidence in moving forward.
User avatar
AZGrizFan
eGriz Club
Posts: 28481
Joined: Thu Sep 08, 2005 5:34 pm
Location: Texas

wbtfg wrote: Thu Nov 25, 2021 7:49 am Not sure if he was surprised by having to speak at the presser or what, but he looked ill prepared and it didn’t turn out great.

I’m sending a trend…..
Did he say something that was untrue? Dude didn’t sugar coat it….I like it.
Guns kill people like spoons make you fat.
User avatar
IdaGriz01
Posts: 10264
Joined: Sun Feb 08, 2009 3:44 pm
Location: Idaho Falls

HookedonGriz wrote: Thu Nov 25, 2021 9:25 am I liked his honestly of “we got our asses kicked”

If I was a Cats fan, I’d be pretty concerned that he didn’t seem to have any idea why. Seemed like a deer in the headlights here for sure. Not a good look and no confidence in moving forward.
Definitely "not a good look."

However, there's a glimmer of "ancient" wisdom concerning the second part: "You [should] learn more from your mistakes than from your wins."
With his lack of experience, of course he hadn't quite figured out what they could do to do better. Like the Griz, they have two weeks (well, less now) to study what went wrong and devise answers if their next opponent comes at them the same way. Beyond that, they'll have the entire off season to study and learn.
User avatar
kemajic
eGriz Club
Posts: 14502
Joined: Sat Jan 17, 2004 5:18 pm
Location: Columbus

Cowboys84 wrote: Thu Nov 25, 2021 6:31 am
Paytonlives wrote: Thu Nov 25, 2021 6:06 am Nice to see an honest kitten... but geez...
Would you run through the wall for this guy?

It's a press conference after they got their asses handed to them...of course he was subdued... How did you expect him to sound?

He took responsibility for the game plan that obviously didn't work. He was very complimentary of the grizzlies...

Did you expect him to be smiling, and laughing and loud..if he did that, some of you would be calling him something like what an "asshat"...,🙄🙄
I might have expected shorter answers and less rambling to reduce the suffering.
God knows when I'm good, I'm good and when I'm good, it's seldom - Aaron Watson
User avatar
tgreseth
eGriz Club
Posts: 1530
Joined: Thu Oct 07, 2010 11:47 am
Location: Camas, WA
Former Name: Bjorn Bjornstein
Contact:

AZGrizFan wrote: Thu Nov 25, 2021 9:37 am
wbtfg wrote: Thu Nov 25, 2021 7:49 am Not sure if he was surprised by having to speak at the presser or what, but he looked ill prepared and it didn’t turn out great.

I’m sending a trend…..
Did he say something that was untrue? Dude didn’t sugar coat it….I like it.
:thumb:
pedestrian fan since 1988
User avatar
wbtfg
Posts: 6226
Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2003 8:26 am

AZGrizFan wrote: Thu Nov 25, 2021 9:37 am
wbtfg wrote: Thu Nov 25, 2021 7:49 am Not sure if he was surprised by having to speak at the presser or what, but he looked ill prepared and it didn’t turn out great.

I’m sending a trend…..
Did he say something that was untrue? Dude didn’t sugar coat it….I like it.
Everything he said was true. Maybe that’s not the venue to offer solutions, but he sure didn’t seem to have any beyond play harder.
“He has the physical ability, plus that intangible you can’t coach — leadership skill,” Reid said. “You can’t always find it. But you feel lucky when you find someone who has it. He has it all. He’s Dave Dickenson — one of greatest quarterbacks we’ve had here — in a bigger, stronger, more athletic body. That’s Travis Lulay.”
User avatar
EverettGriz
eGriz Club
Posts: 22605
Joined: Sat Dec 11, 2004 7:52 pm
Location: The Shadel, Mill Creek, WA

Cowboys84 wrote: Thu Nov 25, 2021 6:31 am
Paytonlives wrote: Thu Nov 25, 2021 6:06 am Nice to see an honest kitten... but geez...
Would you run through the wall for this guy?

It's a press conference after they got their asses handed to them...of course he was subdued... How did you expect him to sound?

He took responsibility for the game plan that obviously didn't work. He was very complimentary of the grizzlies...

Did you expect him to be smiling, and laughing and loud..if he did that, some of you would be calling him something like what an "asshat"...,🙄🙄
We absolutely would not. That’s a term reserved solely for dumbass kittty and bizzzzzun fans posting qualifiedly asshaty things on a GRIZ board.
Booze is the duct tape of life.
Mavman
Posts: 2918
Joined: Thu Feb 06, 2003 8:03 pm
Location: Nevada

I got the sense that Mcckay has lost his confidence and maybe his coach as doubts too. I see why Hauck Limits who does interviews on his staff. This is the problem with a mostly one dimensional offense , especially when your work horse running back is not 100%.
AKA nevada griz
zengriz
eGriz Club
Posts: 3694
Joined: Fri Oct 06, 2006 4:35 pm
Location: way out west

…that reminds a guy of that old saying…
…hit you so hard..knock out your whole family…
…griz hit them so hard they lose their next game too…

…ftc…
garizzalies
Posts: 4066
Joined: Mon Sep 08, 2008 3:14 pm

Ouch. It is even worse than I thought over there.

Who the hell is this guy? I swear I saw him creepin around the Y in some non-descript, unmatching athletic gear.

Total diarrhea of the mouth. Was he high or something?

8mins of blather and the only substance was that the QB lost confidence and they needed to run on the edge more.

I loved how he said the QB lost confidence and they lost confidence in him without saying he/they lost confidence.
User avatar
kemajic
eGriz Club
Posts: 14502
Joined: Sat Jan 17, 2004 5:18 pm
Location: Columbus

Mavman wrote: Thu Nov 25, 2021 11:47 am I got the sense that Mcckay has lost his confidence and maybe his coach as doubts too. I see why Hauck Limits who does interviews on his staff. This is the problem with a mostly one dimensional offense , especially when your work horse running back is not 100%.
McKay was never very good. He was just further exposed.
God knows when I'm good, I'm good and when I'm good, it's seldom - Aaron Watson
406 Grizzly
Posts: 194
Joined: Sun May 09, 2021 7:42 pm

After nearly 20 years working in politics in Washington DC, this is a mess for the Cats football program and the fans in general. Never ramble! Answers shouldn’t be longer than 10-12 seconds. Never hold your head down low like that and look beaten down, etc, etc, etc. Subdued no, but he looks and speaks like he is drowning and doesn’t know which way is up. Ok, +1 for being honest, but the optics of this are just awful! I guarantee every head football coach will use this as a teaching tool to show their assistants coaches of what not to do and say in a presser conference.
User avatar
WaGriz4life
Posts: 4182
Joined: Thu Feb 07, 2008 4:48 pm
Location: Montana

406 Grizzly wrote: Thu Nov 25, 2021 12:13 pm After nearly 20 years working in politics in Washington DC, this is a mess for the Cats football program and the fans in general. Never ramble! Answers shouldn’t be longer than 10-12 seconds. Never hold your head down low like that and look beaten down, etc, etc, etc. Subdued no, but he looks and speaks like he is drowning and doesn’t know which way is up. Ok, +1 for being honest, but the optics of this are just awful! I guarantee every head football coach will use this as a teaching tool to show their assistants coaches of what not to do and say in a presser conference.
Hilarious you think a press conference by an assistant coach matters at all
406 Grizzly
Posts: 194
Joined: Sun May 09, 2021 7:42 pm

WaGriz4life wrote: Thu Nov 25, 2021 12:14 pm
406 Grizzly wrote: Thu Nov 25, 2021 12:13 pm After nearly 20 years working in politics in Washington DC, this is a mess for the Cats football program and the fans in general. Never ramble! Answers shouldn’t be longer than 10-12 seconds. Never hold your head down low like that and look beaten down, etc, etc, etc. Subdued no, but he looks and speaks like he is drowning and doesn’t know which way is up. Ok, +1 for being honest, but the optics of this are just awful! I guarantee every head football coach will use this as a teaching tool to show their assistants coaches of what not to do and say in a presser conference.
Hilarious you think a press conference by an assistant coach matters at all
You bet it does! Everything post game is being watched and critiqued.
User avatar
WaGriz4life
Posts: 4182
Joined: Thu Feb 07, 2008 4:48 pm
Location: Montana

406 Grizzly wrote: Thu Nov 25, 2021 12:16 pm
WaGriz4life wrote: Thu Nov 25, 2021 12:14 pm
Hilarious you think a press conference by an assistant coach matters at all
You bet it does! Everything post game is being watched and critiqued.
It is by fans. Fans opinions don’t matter. They don’t matter at all. What do you expect this guy to say? He took responsibility said they got their ass kicked and they will get better.
Post Reply