• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Is Bobby on the hot seat??

Status
Not open for further replies.
poorgriz said:
Jesse said:
If they get blown out in the brawl and miss the playoffs, then you are getting warmer. But I would think someone on the coaching staff has a hot seat somewhere in the building.

If he misses the playoffs (which means losing to another bad team), AND loses to the Cats - he steps down.

...no I think at that point he would need to clean the house and hire a new OC, OL coach...and maybe a couple of others!

BH is going to win every conference game on the schedule from here on out and probably 2 more playoff games so this conversation is pointless. I know some hate reality but that is reality. Haters going to have to get used to it...

retiredpopo said:
BH is going to win every conference game on the schedule from here on out and probably 2 more playoff games so this conversation is pointless. I know some hate reality but that is reality. Haters going to have to get used to it...

i suspect he thinks like you. i do not know if that is good or bad.

grizghost said:
poorgriz said:
If he misses the playoffs (which means losing to another bad team), AND loses to the Cats - he steps down.

...no I think at that point he would need to clean the house and hire a new OC, OL coach...and maybe a couple of others!

That's too logical for some GRIZ fans. I think you're correct though.

Westcoastfan said:
Being tied for 7th in the conference is not the expectation from Griz nation! If the Griz lose the Brawl AGAIN and miss the playoffs would Bobby be on the hot seat??

When the Griz beat the Huskies, they were a powerful, well coached team capable of beating most FCS teams and many FBS teams. Today, decimated by injuries, they are struggling and nowhere near the team that beat Washington. Still, Bobby and his coaches field a good team that can beat most FCS teams on a given day. Yes, Bobby is confronted with problems, but don’t start planning for his demise as challenges have a way of creating opportunities for good men like Bobby.

Spanky2 said:
Westcoastfan said:
Being tied for 7th in the conference is not the expectation from Griz nation! If the Griz lose the Brawl AGAIN and miss the playoffs would Bobby be on the hot seat??

When the Griz beat the Huskies, they were a powerful, well coached team capable of beating most FCS teams and many FBS teams. Today, decimated by injuries, they are struggling and nowhere near the team that beat Washington. Still, Bobby and his coaches field a good team that can beat most FCS teams on a given day. Yes, Bobby is confronted with problems, but don’t start planning for his demise as challenges have a way of creating opportunities for good men like Bobby.

MM had that limp leg move down too.

retiredpopo said:

I am always super impressed by your confidence, every year.

Cat/Griz 2019, starting around the second quarter:

"Exactly where we want to be."

"We own second half"

"I'm so confident we are going to win that if we don't I'll refrain from another post this season. For the record I like to post so pretty confident. How about if we win you don't post again?

"21-34 no doubt coming your way" - final post.

ilovethecats said:
Griz til I die said:
Aren’t you the one that says Griz fans constantly troll? Look no further than Exhibit A.

I don’t believe I’m that one, no. I’m one who loves the rivalry, thinks both fanbases are great, and thinks both fanbases have morons.

I'm going to plagerize the living shit out of this....

Counter Assault said:
retiredpopo said:

I am always super impressed by your confidence, every year.

Cat/Griz 2019, starting around the second quarter:

"Exactly where we want to be."

"We own second half"

"I'm so confident we are going to win that if we don't I'll refrain from another post this season. For the record I like to post so pretty confident. How about if we win you don't post again?

"21-34 no doubt coming your way" - final post.

I did hold true to my word and did not post the rest of the season.

If the losses continue he better take a close look at multiple paid positions, as well as assess if anything could have been done to limit the injuries (as in in practice style, strength and conditioning etc. )or if they were all just due to bad luck/contact in games etc that are totally just part of a game. He always says how physical practices are so maybe that needs dialed back some if an unusual number of injuries occurred in full contact practices (I am not saying the are, just an area possibily looked at).....if not, he won't be doing his job. Not a time to be stubborn in methods or to not make staff changes when changes could make a difference in 2022 if 2021 is a flop. If they win out and make a little run in the playoffs he can sit back and know he doesn't need major changes the system is working.

ilovethecats said:
Griz til I die said:
Aren’t you the one that says Griz fans constantly troll? Look no further than Exhibit A.

I don’t believe I’m that one, no. I’m one who loves the rivalry, thinks both fanbases are great, and thinks both fanbases have morons.

I will vouch for ILTC.

Several years ago he stopped at our tailgate postgame. A Bobcat fan but very respectful to the Griz and the rivalry.

We could lose every game the rest of the season and Bobby wouldn't lose his job.

This thread is ridiculous.

Bear Spray said:
ilovethecats said:

I'm going to plagerize the living shit out of this....

It’s only plagiarizing if right after you tell everyone these were your words. Otherwise no harm no foul. ;)

Washington is now down 10-0 vs a historically bad Arizona. Not saying this means hauck is on the hot seat, but that maybe that win wasn’t so great. NAU beat Arizona.

hm.grwn.grizfan said:
Washington is now down 10-0 vs a historically bad Arizona. Not saying this means hauck is on the hot seat, but that maybe that win wasn’t so great. NAU beat Arizona.
Arizona is currently on the longest FBS losing streak. But the Washington win was still a historical big one.
They wouldn't fire Hauck if he lost the rest of the games this year, unfortunately.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back