• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Post Game: Griz on the ropes

Regardless of talent or injuries, best case is Griz finish with 2 losses (on the unlikely event they snap the losing streak against the Cats) which will not win a BSC championship (for the 12 consecutive year) or get a top 8 seed.

So something left to play for, but not a lot.

Today’s loss was agonizing. I’m going to remain optimistic, but this is the time of year where teams that are making a run are getting stronger, but we are headed the wrong direction on a bullet train!

Grizbeer said:
Regardless of talent or injuries, best case is Griz finish with 2 losses (on the unlikely event they snap the losing streak against the Cats) which will not win a BSC championship (for the 12 consecutive year) or get a top 8 seed.

So something left to play for, but not a lot.
We got a seed in 2019 with 3 losses. You can easily get a seed with only 2 losses. It happens every year. That’s what we’re playing for at this point and that should be all the motivation moving forward for this team.

Griz til I die said:
I think it’s completely unrealistic to expect the defense to hold opposing offenses to 7 points every game. That’s unheard of, nobody can do that. I didn’t think the defense was all that bad. Sac State runs a tough scheme with 2 QB’s who are polar opposites, that’s tough to defend. What I was frustrated with though was the lack of pressure. Credit their RB’s for providing that additional blocking to buy their QB’s time but that man that’s frustrating.

At some point the offense has to hold their end of the rope and until we start getting older guys back, it’s not gonna happen. The O-line wasn’t great today, but I don’t put all the blame on them. KB needs to make better decisions and get rid of the ball quicker. He’s gotta clean up the turnovers too.

Didn't Sac score 28 today......and which key Griz defensive players didn't play?

Mousegriz said:
Griz til I die said:
I think it’s completely unrealistic to expect the defense to hold opposing offenses to 7 points every game. That’s unheard of, nobody can do that. I didn’t think the defense was all that bad. Sac State runs a tough scheme with 2 QB’s who are polar opposites, that’s tough to defend. What I was frustrated with though was the lack of pressure. Credit their RB’s for providing that additional blocking to buy their QB’s time but that man that’s frustrating.

At some point the offense has to hold their end of the rope and until we start getting older guys back, it’s not gonna happen. The O-line wasn’t great today, but I don’t put all the blame on them. KB needs to make better decisions and get rid of the ball quicker. He’s gotta clean up the turnovers too.

Didn't Sac score 28 today......and which key Griz defensive players didn't play?
That’s what I’m trying to say. The defense is not gonna play unreal every week. They’re gonna run into tougher offenses like we saw today, and the offense needs to be able to help them out. 28 is kind of high, but Sac is a good offensive team. Did the defense do enough though to keep us in the game and give us a chance to win? Yes they did, and ultimately the offense stalled, which is why we lost. You can be upset about them giving up 28 points but the fact of the matter is it was still good enough to keep us in it and give us a chance to win.

BillingsMafia said:
The issues this team has are deep and plentiful. Boils down incompetent coaching. Coaches lack the ability to judge talent. The season is done and cats are licking their chops. That one will be painful, again.
Sac coaching staff made changes on offense and defense to take advantage of our teams tendencies and weaknesses. Our coaching staff however does basically the same thing, on both offense and defense, every week, regardless of opponent.

Griz til I die said:
ranco said:
Good write up Brint. Right now the griz are barely average. Defense is ok, and the offense
Is bad. We are dead last in the big sky. I hope the team can play better but we will probably finish mid pac in conference. Just not a lot of talent on the field and opposing coaches have out game planned.
You’re an idiot. No talent? Let me ask you this. Do you think we have a different outcome today if Knight, Ostmo and Cam are out there? cause I tend to think all 3 of those guys are talented enough to win us this game and maybe even the Eastern game. It’s not a lack of talent. It’s a gassed team that’s injured and desperately needs to get guys back to go on any kind of run.

I'll tell you where there is no talent: the offensive line. Same story every season since Germer has been on board. I don't care who the tailback are....it matters far less than the dudes up front.

Bobby needs to make a few coaching changes and he should start with Gerber.

SoldierGriz said:
Griz til I die said:
You’re an idiot. No talent? Let me ask you this. Do you think we have a different outcome today if Knight, Ostmo and Cam are out there? cause I tend to think all 3 of those guys are talented enough to win us this game and maybe even the Eastern game. It’s not a lack of talent. It’s a gassed team that’s injured and desperately needs to get guys back to go on any kind of run.

I'll tell you where there is no talent: the offensive line. Same story every season since Germer has been on board. I don't care who the tailback are....it matters far less than the dudes up front.

Just poking in that the offensive line allowed Knight to achieve the all time TD record in 2019. I agree that they aren't blowing dudes apart this year, but pay attention to how slow our backs hit the hole compared to other teams...it's noticeable that we are out of horses at the position

retiredpopo said:
Some supposed fans are not really fans at all.

yeah, like the guy who was going to quit supporting the griz, and the university entirely, because he didn't like the football coach, who was getting all of a one year extension, after three years of losing his starting qb(s) for most of the season, including a really good one (phillips).

No doubt, this game was a gut punch. It hurt. I listened to my heart and picked the Griz to win, when in my mind, based on the past couple games, I knew it was a long shot. Seems like this happens far too often. Our Griz look to be a top ten team, then reality and the season set in and we realize we're not. It hurts. I'm still optimistic that with some coaching adjustments and key players returning, our Griz can still salvage the remainder of the season and make some noise in the playoffs. Every Saturday from here on out is pretty much a must win game.

Let's Go Griz!

MontanaJack2006 said:
SoldierGriz said:

Just poking in that the offensive line allowed Knight to achieve the all time TD record in 2019. I agree that they aren't blowing dudes apart this year, but pay attention to how slow our backs hit the hole compared to other teams...it's noticeable that we are out of horses at the position

They haven't blown dudes apart for years...who is the last Griz All American o-lineman?

I know a lot of you like Germer....but, seriously ask yourself...does he recruit, retain, and develop guys to play at this level?

SoldierGriz said:
MontanaJack2006 said:

They haven't blown dudes apart for years...who is the last Griz All American o-lineman?
Danny Kistler in 2013.

argh! said:
retiredpopo said:

yeah, like the guy who was going to quit supporting the griz, and the university entirely, because he didn't like the football coach, who was getting all of a one year extension, after three years of losing his starting qb(s) for most of the season, including a really good one (phillips).

I don't all the posts so off the top of my head I don't who that was but nothing surprises me with some of these nancies.

uofmman1122 said:
SoldierGriz said:
Danny Kistler in 2013.

Thanks. I don't believe Germer has ever mentored an All American...not in the BSC or the MTN West.

From Adversity to Strength
then Strength to Dominance
Time to Get to Work Boys!
Go Griz!

BWahlberg said:
It seemed like even when regularly good plays happened, like Ford’s INT, it actually hurt Montana as a batted pass there would’ve swung the field almost 30 yards for the Griz on that one play.
That was a real rock. No football smarts shown on that; he was celebrating the int like it will look good in his stats. Situation team football. Be smart out there; damn.

argh! said:
retiredpopo said:

The Stitt fan just never runs down; still butthurt. Jensen was always Stitt's man and he was not a winner.

Latest posts

Back