• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Cam back soon?

hardycreek1

From Bill Speltz: Montana redshirt senior quarterback Cam Humphrey — the guy that led the team to a 3-0 start and was guiding the offense to a potential go-ahead TD late at Eastern Washington when he hobbled off two weeks ago — was spotted warming up before Saturday's game. Maybe he will be back for next week at Idaho or perhaps the next week at home against Southern Utah.

We better hope so. Brown’s fumbles and decision making have shown he’s not ready for prime time.

won't be for at least 4 weeks from date of injury unless the kid heals faster than the average person. Hope he does but unlikely.

AZGrizFan said:
We better hope so. Brown’s fumbles and decision making have shown he’s not ready for prime time.

And so frustrating because everyone else on the team is playing awesome!

Good god some of you "QB is the only guy on the team" fans. Sac ran at will threw at will stopped griz run at will pressured QB at will.......and its all on the QB??

He came out and did the coin toss. He threw passes was was limping while walking. Our best QB right now might be Robbie Patterson. And he has played only 3-4 downs. ( He did look good though, although obviously in mop-op time and against the scrubs from Dixie State,)

Mousegriz said:
AZGrizFan said:

Good god some of you "QB is the only guy on the team" fans. Sac ran at will threw at will stopped griz run at will pressured QB at will.......and its all on the QB??

Did I say Brown was the only problem? I don’t believe I said Brown was the only problem. So you might want to try on some fucking reading comprehension.

Brown is a planted spy from a life long cat family from Bozeman. His only reason for being born was to come to Missoula and implode the griz from the inside. I have sources

hardycreek1 said:
From Bill Speltz: Montana redshirt senior quarterback Cam Humphrey — the guy that led the team to a 3-0 start and was guiding the offense to a potential go-ahead TD late at Eastern Washington when he hobbled off two weeks ago — was spotted warming up before Saturday's game. Maybe he will be back for next week at Idaho or perhaps the next week at home against Southern Utah.

I hope he can play again soon. Cam is a good quarterback.

When bobby was asked in post game interview if cam could have played his response said it all, "you would have to ask the doctor". It’s going to be a while at least 4 weeks from injury maybe 6-8 so we need to get used to that fact.

Cam, looked alright passing in pregame warm-ups. However, he was walking with a limp. I'm guessing,, he could be back for Idaho. I think Southern Utah would be more realistic and close to 100%. Great to see, he's not done for the year.

mtgrizrule said:
Cam, looked alright passing in pregame warm-ups. However, he was walking with a limp. I'm guessing,, he could be back for Idaho. I think Southern Utah would be more realistic and close to 100%. Great to see, he's not done for the year.

Very unlikely unless unnatural healing powers.

HelenaHandBasket said:
Skookum-Jim said:
The glass slippers will come off of Cam soon. Then all will be fantastic again in grizville.

The offense was bad with Cam, so not sure it will be anything near "fantastic".

100% agree. This isn’t a QB issue as much as it is a scheme and play calling one. Our offense has struggled badly with or without Cam. We are in serious trouble. I am guessing we drop 2 more regular season games. Anything better and I’ll be pleasantly surprised.

HookedonGriz said:
HelenaHandBasket said:

100% agree. This isn’t a QB issue as much as it is a scheme and play calling one. Our offense has struggled badly with or without Cam. We are in serious trouble. I am guessing we drop 2 more regular season games. Anything better and I’ll be pleasantly surprised.

I disagree slightly, because I think the QB is a significant part of the issue.

HelenaHandBasket said:
HookedonGriz said:

I disagree slightly, because I think the QB is a significant part of the issue.

Agreed….cam was able to squeeze more out of the offense, read defenses better, had better ball security and made better decisions when dropping back to pass, didn’t hold the ball too long. All those things are present with Brown, which makes our O-line and scheme look that much weaker.

AZGrizFan said:
Mousegriz said:

Did I say Brown was the only problem? I don’t believe I said Brown was the only problem. So you might want to try on some f###[#] reading comprehension.

Mousegriz, SHUT THE “F” UP!! I sit here and read your misinformed posts week after week. You put players down and this team is simply in an injury funk. They are a great team…PERIOD! Every single team in the history of college football goes through this at some point. All the BS you SPEW is complete grababe. You know knowing about the game and you trash players. You are a piece of shit!

Griz RTD said:
AZGrizFan said:
Did I say Brown was the only problem? I don’t believe I said Brown was the only problem. So you might want to try on some f###[#] reading comprehension.

Mousegriz, SHUT THE “F” UP!! I sit here and read your misinformed posts week after week. You put players down and this team is simply in an injury funk. They are a great team…PERIOD! Every single team in the history of college football goes through this at some point. All the BS you SPEW is complete grababe. You know knowing about the game and you trash players. You are a piece of shit!

dd0.png

HookedonGriz said:
HelenaHandBasket said:

The difference is Cam actually looks downfield and doesn’t just collapse in the pocket and have a turn over half the time.

I think Kris could be great in the future but right now the game is way to fast for him.

You can tell when it’s just him vs a defender 1 on 1 he beats the dude and makes a play because he’s more talented than most. Ask him to read a coverage or change blocking and it’s horrible.

Cam has not been a world beater because of shit play calling. But we are winning most games with him. Especially yesterday’s game.

HookedonGriz said:
HelenaHandBasket said:

We 100% win yesterday with Cam tho. Probably by two scores.

Browns turnovers are killing us.

Back