• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Good, Bad, Ugly - Cal Poly

cclarkblues said:
Griz til I die said:
He broke his collarbone.

Don't think he did it. It was broken for him. There were some brutal hits yesterday.

What I saw was the correct pre-hospital splinting technique for a broken clavicle. If it wasn't a broken clavicle, then kudos for the acting job by the QB and supporting actors.
Oscar nominations all around. :thumb:

Just a thought...I think the Griz's defensive coordinator blitzed way too much against Poly. Coach Baldwin exposed this with his screen and perimeter passing schemes. EWU has a much better and more experienced QB and OL, not to mention a very good receiving core, who will find the holes in the Griz secondary left open by a blitzing defender. Plus, EWU's QB has great escape-ability and mobility. Our DL is much more improved this season so allow those dudes to disrupt and destroy and let our backers read and react more. Mix it up Mr. Coordinator. You don't have to continuously blitz!

mtgrizfankb said:
kemajic said:
And Montana playing total vanilla on both offense and defense. No desire to provide any interesting film for EWU. Special Teams was, well, special.

Vanilla??? What game did you watch? We lined up in probably 20 different formations. On offense. We ran power sets, we ran trick plays, end a rounds, screens, double routes, multiple different pull plays for the o line. I would say Montana played the exact opposite of vanilla. I think they ran so many sets and formations that it was hard to build consistency.

On defense we brought about 30 blitzes from almost every different place. We played everything from single to triple safety. We ran nickel sets, four down, three down, one down. Again not sure how we can do any more of showing everything. Again I think we did so much that at time we were out of position for what CP was running

Or…or….stay with me here….they felt that CP was the perfect team to try some of these new things in “live action” because they were confident the game wouldn’t be in doubt….possible?

mtgrizfankb said:
kemajic said:
And Montana playing total vanilla on both offense and defense. No desire to provide any interesting film for EWU. Special Teams was, well, special.

Vanilla??? What game did you watch? We lined up in probably 20 different formations. On offense. We ran power sets, we ran trick plays, end a rounds, screens, double routes, multiple different pull plays for the o line. I would say Montana played the exact opposite of vanilla. I think they ran so many sets and formations that it was hard to build consistency.

On defense we brought about 30 blitzes from almost every different place. We played everything from single to triple safety. We ran nickel sets, four down, three down, one down. Again not sure how we can do any more of showing everything. Again I think we did so much that at time we were out of position for what CP was running
Yeah, we ran everything we don't expect to use at EWU. Because we could. Formations is only one part of the puzzle; the size of the playbook is another. Smart gameplan with the biggest game of the year this week. By vanilla, I meant all was designed to provide film for EWU more than it was designed to win every series and run up a score. Gave EWU a lot to prepare for; we will see a very different playbook on both O and D this week. Certainly I don't expect us to abandon coverages to excessively blitze Barriere like we did CPSLO. The risk profile is very different.

argh! said:
kemajic said:

if there isn't already a bobby-themed church of some sort, where the gospel of 'only wonderous things happen when bobby is involved' is sung and preached and ritualed and celebrated, and the power of bobby is ever-expanded by the believers, to the point of making shit up, you should form one. if there isn't one, columbus doesn't sound like a bad place to start. i'm rooting for you.
What is this garbage post? I’ve read it several times and it’s total trash. Seriously, what was the point? What were you trying to convey with that crap? Just makes you sound like the pithy, soft, Hauck-hater you are. Doesn’t that schtick get old? It’s been 20 years since BH grinned at you. I can’t tell if it’s your hate for Hauck or Kem shining though. I guess both, huh?
Why? There is apparently no reason for it, no substance, no basis. Just your butthurt? Do you really want Stitt back that bad? You should seek medical care.

3-7-77 said:
cclarkblues said:
Don't think he did it. It was broken for him. There were some brutal hits yesterday.

What I saw was the correct pre-hospital splinting technique for a broken clavicle. If it wasn't a broken clavicle, then kudos for the acting job by the QB and supporting actors.
Oscar nominations all around. :thumb:

He was right in front of me and confirmed it was a broken collarbone. You could see the bump when he had the ice bag off. Told him I hope it healed quickly and fully.

garizzalies said:
argh! said:
if there isn't already a bobby-themed church of some sort, where the gospel of 'only wonderous things happen when bobby is involved' is sung and preached and ritualed and celebrated, and the power of bobby is ever-expanded by the believers, to the point of making shit up, you should form one. if there isn't one, columbus doesn't sound like a bad place to start. i'm rooting for you.
What is this garbage post? I’ve read it several times and it’s total trash. Seriously, what was the point? What were you trying to convey with that crap? Just makes you sound like the pithy, soft, Hauck-hater you are. Doesn’t that schtick get old? It’s been 20 years since BH grinned at you. I can’t tell if it’s your hate for Hauck or Kem shining though. I guess both, huh?
Why? There is apparently no reason for it, no substance, no basis. Just your butthurt? Do you really want Stitt back that bad? You should seek medical care.

it was to get you all frothed up. and i hate to break it to you, but i don't hate kem, hauck, you, or anyone on this board. but, speaking of garbage, your endless posts about stitt belong there. he hasn't been here for years.

alternative explanation, kem's post has been replied to by others, who already offered good explanations for why he was wrong. i was just having some fun with him. as for you, i honestly never gave you any thought until you decided to get all excited by what i post, which is often just for entertainment, even if only for myself. it is a flippin' message board, with a bunch of people role-playing the names they've given themselves, or just having some fun. you don't get to set the criteria for what a post can contain. so sorry, but a renegade of funk you are not.

Does anyone remember if we spied shoota when we played there? He is the same type of player who will hurt you with his feet. EWU should have the best O-Line we gave (outside of the Huskies)

argh! said:
garizzalies said:

it was to get you all frothed up. and i hate to break it to you, but i don't hate kem, hauck, you, or anyone on this board. but, speaking of garbage, your endless posts about stitt belong there. he hasn't been here for years.

alternative explanation, kem's post has been replied to by others, who already offered good explanations for why he was wrong. i was just having some fun with him. as for you, i honestly never gave you any thought until you decided to get all excited by what i post, which is often just for entertainment, even if only for myself. it is a flippin' message board, with a bunch of people role-playing the names they've given themselves, or just having some fun. you don't get to set the criteria for what a post can contain. so sorry, but a renegade of funk you are not.
But it’s ok for you to “set the criteria” for how Kem posts? In fact, look at your post again—it’s basically religious discrimination. Who the hell are you to say how someone cannot worship at the alter of BH? I personally face (the) Mecca (of FCS) every breakfast, lunch, dinner, and at other random prayer times throughout the day. So what do you care?

BTW, you never explained why you actively campaigned against the hiring of BH—oops I mean “the process” of hiring him :lol: And while you’re at it, why not defend Stitt some more?

I think I realize why you hate BH so much. He has no time for soft people and you are as soft as they come. Softer than Mr Softich helping the pillsbury doughboy cook softie.

Back