• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Griz vs Bye Game Thread (Official)

My guess for the fallout:
1. SHSU
2. JMU (Beat #9 Weber St)
3. SDSU (dropped on a bye week)
4. NDSU (Moved from #5)
5. UM (dropped on a bye week)
6. EWU (moved from #7)
7. Southern Illinois (Moved from #8)
8. Jacksonville St (Moved from #10
9. Delaware (Moved from #6 after FBS loss)
10 Villanova (moved from #12)

I do not see how EWU moves up, heck they should drop out of the top 10. 0-3 team put up 56 points on them and almost beat them....

Our defense is keeping up with their previous performances. But, our offense is lacking this week.

retiredpopo said:
I do not see how EWU moves up, heck they should drop out of the top 10. 0-3 team put up 56 points on them and almost beat them....

Only because #6 Delaware lost (to FBS Rutgers)

hm.grwn.grizfan said:
We’d better not drop. That’s some bullshit if we do
Could happen, but I doubt it (see the “Poll Guesses” thread). The “could” part comes from the fact that NDSU visited Towson and thumped them 35-7. But Towson’s only win was at feeble Morgan State (0-3) of the MEAC, so I don’t think that win will impress the pollsters much. I still think Delaware will drop at least two spots (I say three in the Guesses thread) and allow a few below that, including EWU, to nudge up one.

Bertram said:
1. SHSU
4. NDSU (Moved from #5)
6. EWU (moved from #7)
Stats Official poll

1. Sam Houston
2. James Madison
3. South Dakota State
4. Montana
5. North Dakota State
6. Eastern Washington
7. Villanova
8. Southern Illinois
9. Jacksonville State
10. UC Davis

Thought for sure NDSU loving pollsters would bump us down a notch on a bye week, so glad they didn't . They also liked Villanova's win more than I did , and moved Delaware further down (#11) but other than that I was pretty close.

Bertram said:
Bertram said:
1. SHSU
4. NDSU (Moved from #5)
6. EWU (moved from #7)
Stats Official poll

1. Sam Houston
2. James Madison
3. South Dakota State
4. Montana
5. North Dakota State
6. Eastern Washington
7. Villanova
8. Southern Illinois
9. Jacksonville State
10. UC Davis

Thought for sure NDSU loving pollsters would bump us down a notch on a bye week, so glad they didn't . They also liked Villanova's win more than I did , and moved Delaware further down (#11) but other than that I was pretty close.
You sure that's the latest STATS poll? I just looked and they have not posted it in the normal place yet.

Edit: That looks more like the FCS Coaches Poll posted at the NCAA site.

IdaGriz01 said:
You sure that's the latest STATS poll? I just looked and they have not posted it in the normal place yet.

Edit: That looks more like the FCS Coaches Poll posted at the NCAA site.

yep you're correct:
1. Sam Houston
2. South Dakota State
3. James Madison
4. Montana
5. North Dakota State
6. Eastern Washington
7. Southern Illinois
8. Delaware
9. Jacksonville State
10. North Dakota

It amazes me that after watching Easter.
N last Saturday poster and coaches still have EWU in the top 10. Their offense is without doubt one of the better offenses in the subdivision, but their defense is about as bad as the worst non scholly pioneer leagues’. It’s so bad. Sooo bad

hm.grwn.grizfan said:
It amazes me that after watching Easter.
N last Saturday poster and coaches still have EWU in the top 10. Their offense is without doubt one of the better offenses in the subdivision, but their defense is about as bad as the worst non scholly pioneer leagues’. It’s so bad. Sooo bad

Sounds like the EWU coaches kind of frigged that game up and pulled the D starters too early, then put them back when they maybe shouldn't have, etc.... sounded like a mess. Bottom line, NO I don't think EWU has a very good defense. But, I think they'll play better than you're expecting on Saturday night. I doubt the griz score 56 on them.

Back