• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Big Sky coaches predict 2021 national champion

Cowboys84 said:
Ursa Major said:
You know damn well that a couple of thousand of MSC’s deficit found its way to Austin, Texas last January. Sticky-finger Choach wasn’t going to leave a single penny in the petty cash fund.

One last grift for the grifter.

Jeff choate base salary at Montana State was $206,000 without incentives, at u of Texas his first year he's making $500,000 second year it bumps to $575,000 without incentives ... The two towns are very comparable to cost of living .... I think he'll be just fine... he would have been stupid not to take the Texas job..

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://amp.hookem.com/amp/4520139001&ved=2ahUKEwiZ67fGkJDyAhVaZ80KHbioD_4QFjABegQIAxAG&usg=AOvVaw1T_RP4pouHoCUEZbDHShkG&ampcf=1

Upset of the century that he took it, then.

CDAGRIZ said:
Cowboys84 said:
Jeff choate base salary at Montana State was $206,000 without incentives, at u of Texas his first year he's making $500,000 second year it bumps to $575,000 without incentives ... The two towns are very comparable to cost of living .... I think he'll be just fine... he would have been stupid not to take the Texas job..

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://amp.hookem.com/amp/4520139001&ved=2ahUKEwiZ67fGkJDyAhVaZ80KHbioD_4QFjABegQIAxAG&usg=AOvVaw1T_RP4pouHoCUEZbDHShkG&ampcf=1

Upset of the century that he took it, then.

:lol: :lol:

horribilisfan8184 said:
Jesse said:
Good article. And the bison are the favorite again for the chipper and Weber, ewu and Griz are favored for the bsc. I was surprised by the answers regarding vaccines though. It seems to me if you want to play or coach this season you have to commit to being vaccinated or not play. They make it sound like a personal choice which it isn’t when you want to be a member of a team. If a key starter misses games because of it then he has let his fellas down in their common goal to win. I’m surprised by the resistance to the vaccine. I liked the coach who said if an assistant misses a game because of it then he’s fired. I think the sports market place will ultimately dictate because there is so much money at stake and guys will get vaccinated when they realize how they will be left out financially. Gotta love market capitalism.

You regularly speak from a position of naivety.

This isn't the days of liver killers Ruth, Mantle, Stabler and Layne.

Typically, the closer one gets to world class athlete status the more careful they are about what they put in their bodies. This has now carried down through the college ranks to FCS players. A lot of research by players goes into everything that goes into their bodies, especially those substances that are injected. Please cite the studies they should review that show both the long terms efficacy and potential side effects, when deciding whether to take the vaccines. You gonna let a politician make a decision on an emergency approved vaccine that no one knows if the heart damage they are now seeing in young vaccinated people could end any future career in your sport? Since April 2021, there have been more than a thousand reports to the Vaccine Adverse Event Reporting System (VAERS) of cases of inflammation of the heart—called myocarditis and pericarditis—happening after mRNA COVID-19 vaccination (i.e., Pfizer-BioNTech, Moderna) in the United States. This is just for April and May, 2021

Can you point to any study that says long term protection is better from vaccines than natural response from contracting covid? Would you take the vaccine when you see that 30-40 of your teammates got the virus but had little or no symptoms from the infection?

You believe a good team player makes lifetime decisions based on what fans think are good "game by game" team decisions rather than making smart, informed, carefully weighed decisions? Don't you think there was a good reason for taking the decision away from a player who gets his bell rung on whether he can return to play? We did away with the "good team player" nonsense they should go back in just so the team can win this game for good reasons.

C'mon, man. Good analysis starts with dropping your political affiliations' preferred outcome objectives and looking for what is out there that both supports and refutes the original inquiry, and analyzing it. Try it, you might like it.

Everyone I know that's been vaccinated, has only had 1 symptom. Sore arm... quit the crazy conspiracy qanon conspiracy crap.

Griz Addict said:
horribilisfan8184 said:

Typically, the closer one gets to world class athlete status the more careful they are about what they put in their bodies. This has now carried down through the college ranks to FCS players. A lot of research by players goes into everything that goes into their bodies, especially those substances that are injected. Please cite the studies they should review that show both the long terms efficacy and potential side effects, when deciding whether to take the vaccines. You gonna let a politician make a decision on an emergency approved vaccine that no one knows if the heart damage they are now seeing in young vaccinated people could end any future career in your sport? Since April 2021, there have been more than a thousand reports to the Vaccine Adverse Event Reporting System (VAERS) of cases of inflammation of the heart—called myocarditis and pericarditis—happening after mRNA COVID-19 vaccination (i.e., Pfizer-BioNTech, Moderna) in the United States. This is just for April and May, 2021

Can you point to any study that says long term protection is better from vaccines than natural response from contracting covid? Would you take the vaccine when you see that 30-40 of your teammates got the virus but had little or no symptoms from the infection?

You believe a good team player makes lifetime decisions based on what fans think are good "game by game" team decisions rather than making smart, informed, carefully weighed decisions? Don't you think there was a good reason for taking the decision away from a player who gets his bell rung on whether he can return to play? We did away with the "good team player" nonsense they should go back in just so the team can win this game for good reasons.

C'mon, man. Good analysis starts with dropping your political affiliations' preferred outcome objectives and looking for what is out there that both supports and refutes the original inquiry, and analyzing it. Try it, you might like it.

Everyone I know that's been vaccinated, has only had 1 symptom. Sore arm... quit the crazy conspiracy qanon conspiracy crap.

Also just because some of them got covid and were fine, means nothing. How about your mom, dad, or grandpa??? You still are spreading it. Could you imagine if every dumbass like yourself, never got any vaccinations? We would be disease filled and probably only live to our 30s, maybe. Only a selfish, incoherent, and conspiracy loving moron wouldn't want to get vaccinated. Quit thinking about yourself and the small picture. Trying looking at the picture as a whole. Just because you don't have bad symptoms doesn't mean you won't spread it and kill someone else. And the delta is affecting more children, so at least think about the kids. You really want to be locked down again?? The only method to avoid that is everyone gets vaccinated... All these people that don't want to get vaccinated, obviously wants to see their family members die sooner and be stuck in a house forever.

Griz Addict said:
Also just because some of them got covid and were fine, means nothing. How about your mom, dad, or grandpa??? You still are spreading it. Could you imagine if every dumbass like yourself, never got any vaccinations? We would be disease filled and probably only live to our 30s, maybe. Only a selfish, incoherent, and conspiracy loving moron wouldn't want to get vaccinated. Quit thinking about yourself and the small picture. Trying looking at the picture as a whole. Just because you don't have bad symptoms doesn't mean you won't spread it and kill someone else. And the delta is affecting more children, so at least think about the kids. You really want to be locked down again?? The only method to avoid that is everyone gets vaccinated... All these people that don't want to get vaccinated, obviously wants to see their family members die sooner and be stuck in a house forever.

Honestly, that’s why I think I have taken the stance I have. I don’t want another lockdown. A real lockdown. I was just in Idaho last week (first time on a plane since December 2019). Spoke with my dad about how things were there during this shit versus where I live. He told me continuously over the last 18 months how he was sick of “all the restrictions”, but when I started asking if x or y was open a year ago, he was like, “yeah, duh.” It was weird to see waiters/retail workers who didn’t have to wear masks. I don’t think they ever had much of a lockdown where he lives, so I guess I can see peoples’ thought processes there. There’s no real threat of going back because they were never there in the first place.

Conversely, we were legitimately locked down for well over a month to the point where we were ordered not to leave the house unless it was “essential”. Everything was closed except grocery stores and some fast food drive-thrus. Basketball nets and swings were removed from parks, etc. School was a joke. Youth sports lost a year. Golf courses were all closed. It sucked. Even after restaurants opened for takeout only, it still sucked. Harsh restrictions for well over a year. I don’t want to go back.

3-7-77 said:
CDA, the answer is very apparent. Leave California, and find a nice 'red' state to move to.

Haha! Oh, I’ll never leave Orange County, brother. I’ll PM you from the beach in November (if it’s open).

Griz Addict said:
horribilisfan8184 said:

Man they were lucky. Covid laid me out for a week. My first shot had me feeling the exact same way, though only for a couple days. Upon getting my second shot the nurse asked me about my first and I told her it was terrible. She said she couldn’t make any promises obviously, but since she started administering the shots she hadn’t heard of anyone feeling awful after both. Sometimes the first, sometimes the second, but not both. Well guess what? I got even sicker after my second than the first, and almost identical to my bout with Covid itself. Only difference is I didn’t have the breathing issues I had with Covid.

I honestly didn’t even notice a sore arm. Was too busy with aches and pains all over, extreme fatigue and fever, and of course throwing up.

It’s almost as though all people are different and have different experiences. :cool:

CDAGRIZ said:
3-7-77 said:
CDA, the answer is very apparent. Leave California, and find a nice 'red' state to move to.

Haha! Oh, I’ll never leave Orange County, brother. I’ll PM you from the beach in November (if it’s open).
Where in Orange Co.? I spent about 7 years in Capistrano before CA got too crazy for me.

kemajic said:
CDAGRIZ said:
Where in Orange Co.? I spent about 7 years in Capistrano before CA got too crazy for me.

san juan capistrano or east side capistrano? i think i might be living under the same bridge you did. there is some 1940's chemistry equation graffiti faintly visible down here, when the sun comes up.

ilovethecats said:
Griz Addict said:

Man they were lucky. Covid laid me out for a week. My first shot had me feeling the exact same way, though only for a couple days. Upon getting my second shot the nurse asked me about my first and I told her it was terrible. She said she couldn’t make any promises obviously, but since she started administering the shots she hadn’t heard of anyone feeling awful after both. Sometimes the first, sometimes the second, but not both. Well guess what? I got even sicker after my second than the first, and almost identical to my bout with Covid itself. Only difference is I didn’t have the breathing issues I had with Covid.

I honestly didn’t even notice a sore arm. Was too busy with aches and pains all over, extreme fatigue and fever, and of course throwing up.

It’s almost as though all people are different and have different experiences. :cool:

Ya, this is what I’ve heard from quite a few. Griz addict lost a lot of credibility with that statement.

kemajic said:
CDAGRIZ said:

North west of there. I guess it can get crowded at times, but we have the traffic engineering to handle it at least. The traffic around town here is nothing compared to CDA (at least when I was just there). I haven’t been in years, but I’d imagine Bozeman is just as bad or worse.

argh! said:
kemajic said:

san juan capistrano or east side capistrano? i think i might be living under the same bridge you did. there is some 1940's chemistry equation graffiti faintly visible down here, when the sun comes up.
SJC, Ortega Highway. I saw the transformation of a wonderful sleepy little mission village into just another LA bedroom community. Sad to see. Swallow's Inn was a great hangout. Hole-in-the-fence beach.

CDAGRIZ said:
kemajic said:

North west of there. I guess it can get crowded at times, but we have the traffic engineering to handle it at least. The traffic around town here is nothing compared to CDA (at least when I was just there). I haven’t been in years, but I’d imagine Bozeman is just as bad or worse.

I’d bet you’re correct. It’s stupid driving around Bozeman these days. :cry:

CDAGRIZ said:
3-7-77 said:

ARRTI reference noted.

alabamagrizzly said:
Ya, this is what I’ve heard from quite a few. Griz addict lost a lot of credibility with that statement.

What does a beggar have to lose? The beggars self respect was gone long ago.

CDAGRIZ said:
3-7-77 said:

You wouldn't be that cruel and cold, well, definitely not cold.

alabamagrizzly said:
ilovethecats said:

Agree. Maybe he's not very popular and only knows like two people. Most people that get the vaccine experience negative side effects (Other than just a sore arm), after either the 1st or 2nd shot.

I am not saying it doesn't happen, but I know of no one that had more than a sore arm and maybe a slight headache for a day or two that received both doses of the vaccine.

Back