ESPN for Football

Get the low down on Griz/FCS Football
Ursa Major
eGriz Club

cclarkblues wrote: Wed Jun 09, 2021 7:35 pm
CDAGRIZ wrote: Wed Jun 09, 2021 1:48 pm

Never fear. There will be plenty who will complain about paying $6/mo. ($0.20/day) to watch something that was "free for 30 got-damned years."
Or, we'll get stuff like:
"I don't have a TV and the internet is a hoax. How am I supposed to watch the game in my living room? This is bullshit."
Spot on guys!

Wait a minute, I AM that guy.
:lol: :clap:
Post Like A Champion!
MissoulaCanucksFan

Pretty sure I posted something very similar in the basketball section of the forum, but I think it bears repeating here: the fact the Big Sky agreed to a deal with ESPN to have their games air on ESPN+ was a big plus. It should be worth the $60/year.

And not only that, they will also have every out-of-market NHL game starting next season (since the mothership signed a TV deal with the NHL) for those of you that like a little puck & stick.
Montana Grizzlies: 1995 & 2001 FCS National Champions
Vancouver Canucks: 1982, 1994, and 2011 Stanley Cup Finalist
Seattle Mariners 1995, 1997, and 2001 AL West Champions
Seattle Seahawks: Super Bowl XLVIII Champions
Griz til I die
eGriz Club

MissoulaCanucksFan wrote: Wed Jun 09, 2021 7:52 pm Pretty sure I posted something very similar in the basketball section of the forum, but I think it bears repeating here: the fact the Big Sky agreed to a deal with ESPN to have their games air on ESPN+ was a big plus. It should be worth the $60/year.

And not only that, they will also have every out-of-market NHL game starting next season (since the mothership signed a TV deal with the NHL) for those of you that like a little puck & stick.
That I am very excited about as I am a huge NHL fan. That new deal with ESPN and TNT is gonna be outstanding.
I was told before the game started not to encourage the students to start my favorite chant, but you did it any way (FTC)- Bobby Hauck. UM Student and lifelong #1 Griz fan
fanofzoo

Ursa Major wrote: Wed Jun 09, 2021 7:38 pm
cclarkblues wrote: Wed Jun 09, 2021 7:35 pm

Spot on guys!

Wait a minute, I AM that guy.
I haven't confirmed this yet but we aren't getting the espn production crew, they are just carrying our stream and we all know how good that was, so more of the same just now you get to pay for it.
Please let me be wrong.
CDAGRIZ
eGriz Club

fanofzoo wrote: Thu Jun 10, 2021 7:08 pm
Ursa Major wrote: Wed Jun 09, 2021 7:38 pm

I haven't confirmed this yet but we aren't getting the espn production crew, they are just carrying our stream and we all know how good that was, so more of the same just now you get to pay for it.
Please let me be wrong.
Well, I understand it’s less likely to cut out and buffer every 5-15 minutes like when Pluto’s hamsters stopped turning the wheels.
fanofzoo

CDAGRIZ wrote: Thu Jun 10, 2021 7:27 pm
fanofzoo wrote: Thu Jun 10, 2021 7:08 pm

Please let me be wrong.
Well, I understand it’s less likely to cut out and buffer every 5-15 minutes like when Pluto’s hamsters stopped turning the wheels.
Right there but still the same sophomoric play-by-play and high school video action , actually some high schools could put us to shame.
Ursa Major
eGriz Club

fanofzoo wrote: Thu Jun 10, 2021 8:54 pm

Right there but still the same sophomoric play-by-play and high school video action , actually some high schools could put us to shame.
Unfortunately, I’m sure you’re right, FOZ.

Question, I wonder if Cal-Poly will continue to feature ‘Bubble Girl”? I believe over a quarter of that game feature a stationary camera at an angle that covered about 30 yards of the playing field.
Post Like A Champion!
CDAGRIZ
eGriz Club

I hear you, but I’ll gladly pay if it doesn’t crash all the time. Watching the OL hold their blocks while the ball is in the air 30 yards downfield sure beats a spinning wheel on a blank screen. (Shout out to EG for that magical post that I missed).
Da Boyz Mom
eGriz Club

Ursa Major wrote: Thu Jun 10, 2021 9:04 pm

Question, I wonder if Cal-Poly will continue to feature ‘Bubble Girl”? I believe over a quarter of that game feature a stationary camera at an angle that covered about 30 yards of the playing field.
Ugh that game was awful, but not quite as bad as one year at ISU (I think) when they must have put a hyper 10 year old in charge of the camera. There were no on screen graphics with the score so every little while the camera person would swing the camera wildly toward the scoreboard and pause JUST long enough for us to see the score (as long as you were paying attention) and then fling it (just as wildly) back towards the field. And then, every once in a while when the camera person forgot why they were actually there, we were treated to a view of the inside of the roof. If you finished watching that game without getting seasick you should count yourself lucky.
CDAGRIZ
eGriz Club

Da Boyz Mom wrote: Thu Jun 10, 2021 9:49 pm
Ursa Major wrote: Thu Jun 10, 2021 9:04 pm

Ugh that game was awful, but not quite as bad as one year at ISU (I think) when they must have put a hyper 10 year old in charge of the camera. There were no on screen graphics with the score so every little while the camera person would swing the camera wildly toward the scoreboard and pause JUST long enough for us to see the score (as long as you were paying attention) and then fling it (just as wildly) back towards the field. And then, every once in a while when the camera person forgot why they were actually there, we were treated to a view of the inside of the roof. If you finished watching that game without getting seasick you should count yourself lucky.
Haha! I think I now remember that game, DBM! Your description and imagery is second to none on that one.