• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Playoffs, May 8

IdaGriz01 said:
Da Boyz Mom said:
JMU scores again. They are finally making things happen on offense.
Ouch! Are they ever. Score 24-3 JMU at the half. Party's over, I think.

Entertaining game right up to the end. So Ida I guess we can’t permit you to decide when the party is over. Remember it isn’t until the fat lady sings. Or is that too politically incorrect now?

Grizzlies1982 said:
IdaGriz01 said:
Ouch! Are they ever. Score 24-3 JMU at the half. Party's over, I think.
Entertaining game right up to the end. So Ida I guess we can’t permit you to decide when the party is over. Remember it isn’t until the fat lady sings. Or is that too politically incorrect now?
Fat Lady must have mis-read her cue. :oops:

Glad to be wrong ... for two reasons. First, it made for one Hell of a game. Might be worth watching again while we have an "empty" week. (We always record the games in case something comes up to interrupt the live action.)

Second, it knocked JMU out of the mix. Not a bad result.

IdaGriz01 said:
Grizzlies1982 said:
Fat Lady must have mis-read her cue. :oops:

Glad to be wrong ... for two reasons. First, it made for one Hell of a game. Might be worth watching again while we have an "empty" week. (We always record the games in case something comes up to interrupt the live action.)

Second, it knocked JMU out of the mix. Not a bad result.

I thought the same too. Went out and mowed my front yard, only to see the score 28-24 when I finished.

I know it’s eGriz lore by now, but does anyone remember when someone on here got the SHSU QB wasted at Red’s the night before the game? Am I imagining this as a tall tale, or did it really happen?

CDAGRIZ said:
I know it’s eGriz lore by now, but does anyone remember when someone on here got the SHSU QB wasted at Red’s the night before the game? Am I imagining this as a tall tale, or did it really happen?
Dustin Long, 12/10-11, 2004. Long was 35/53/2 for 375 yards and 0 TDs. Griz 34; SHSU 13 (Semis). SHSU had beaten the Griz in sweltering Huntsville 9/18, 41-29.

CDAGRIZ said:

Wrong school. SF Austin. Two nights before game. Much of team was there. I was there too. Fun.

PlayerRep said:
CDAGRIZ said:

Wrong school. SF Austin. Two nights before game. Much of team was there. I was there too. Fun.
LOL, the 51-0 blowout that sent us to the semis with Appy in 2009. That SFAU QB was Jeremy Moses, 22/35/4 for 204 yards. His replacement threw another pick.

AllWeatherFan said:
Three times, actually. I got Tony Romo super wasted one year.

It probably doesn’t count, but I smoked crack with Carson Wentz two hours before the 2015 kickoff game.

kemajic said:
PlayerRep said:
LOL, the 51-0 blowout that sent us to the semis with Appy in 2009. That SFAU QB was Jeremy Moses, 22/35/4 for 204 yards. His replacement threw another pick.

Egriz Chris is the one who starting buying shots for Moses. Moses threw picks in his first two possessions I'm the game. The team had a tradition of going out 2 days before games. Before the team left Reds, they got together and chanted: "We're not that drunk. We're not that drunk." That chant was apparently a tradition too. The captains were trying to hustle out guys, so they could meet their coach-imposed curfew. They were having a hard time, because lots of local women had shown up and the guys were chatting. I heard that Moses and maybe another player or two, sneaked back to Stocks after curfew. Don't know if that was true. The team was staying at the downtown holiday inn.

Back