• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Montana St. Enrollment Expected to Drop

CDAGRIZ said:
bigsky33 said:
CDAGRIZ said:
bigsky33 said:
What do you base that on? The results do not reflect that.

Better 40 time. Better sense of humor. Better bone density.

Apparently, you have never seen her run! :lol:

Admittedly, I have not. I thought Choach's annual MILF Combine was a bit beneath her.

Oh no, she is a winning sprinter. Bodnar is no match. She gets it done!!! 👍🤠

PlayerRep said:
The.Real.2506 said:
PlayerRep said:
argh! said:
sounds like the boat hasn't been righted yet, so to speak. i hope they can turn things around sooner than later.

i was roundly denigrated for asking how bodnar was doing not too long ago, with the thread being move due to who started it. i think the issue is relevant to griz, though, as they are obviously part of the university, and affected by such things. not a popular sentiment on here, but i do think that at some point asking whether he's the 'right guy' might be appropriate. sometimes 'outside the box' hires don't work out like you hope. not saying it's the same thing or that bodnar has had enough time to get 'his guys', but in some ways his hire is sort of analogous to that last coach, whatever his name was.

The answer is that he’s the right guy and the best person UM could have gotten for the job. He has done a huge number of things to right the ship.

the best were able to get isn't exactly a ringing endorsement :thumb:

He’s better than the MSU president.

EVEN you don't believe that! :stupid:

"The Bozeman flagship announced Friday the fall headcount is its second highest in history at 16,766 students, almost 140 students less than last fall’s 16,902. The dip is attributed to a 4% increase in last academic year’s graduating class.

The annual number of graduates is 17% larger today than it was five years ago."

Long story short, the "DIP" of 140 students is due to the "CLIMB" in graduation...which is the entire reason for going to university.

SO, the bad news was actually good news!

bigsky33 said:
PlayerRep said:
The.Real.2506 said:
PlayerRep said:
The answer is that he’s the right guy and the best person UM could have gotten for the job. He has done a huge number of things to right the ship.

What do you base that on? The results do not reflect that.

What results, specifically, are you expecting to see?

Catsrback76 said:
PlayerRep said:
The.Real.2506 said:
PlayerRep said:

EVEN you don't believe that! :stupid:

I sure do. That's why I said it.

Catsrback76 said:
"The Bozeman flagship announced Friday the fall headcount is its second highest in history at 16,766 students, almost 140 students less than last fall’s 16,902. The dip is attributed to a 4% increase in last academic year’s graduating class.

Long story short, the "DIP" of 140 students is due to the "CLIMB" in graduation...which is the entire reason for going to university.

That’s a hell of a spin job by Waded. In other words, the incoming class is smaller than the graduating class.

Jaredkuehn said:
Catsrback76 said:

That’s a hell of a spin job by Waded. In other words, the incoming class is smaller than the graduating class.

Enrollment at MSU is up 25% over the last decade compared to a 30% drop for UM. The graduation rate is increasing at a really good level of 17% over the last five years. Also, a new state of the art engineering building and business school building plus two new large dormitories and two new beautiful dining halls. Also, state of the art athletic facilities are close to being funded. Waded doesn't need spin to look good.

You guys are all funny. This is what happened at UM and hundreds of other colleges campuses as well. The incoming freshman class is bigger but still doesn’t outweigh UM graduating class which was one of its larger ones.

Catsrback76 said:

This isn’t some Christmas miracle or outlier. Same thing at UM this year. Larger freshman class that still isn’t bigger than the large graduating class, which for UM hurts overall enrollment even more.

HookedonGriz said:
Catsrback76 said:

This isn’t some Christmas miracle or outlier. Same thing at UM this year. Larger freshman class that still isn’t bigger than the large graduating class, which for UM hurts overall enrollment even more.

No, it isn't a Christmas miracle. However, over the past decade under the leadership of Waded, MSU has flourished. It is the result of good planning and high school recruiting. UM under their prior President, failed in those areas. However, I think you have a good new President in Bodnar. Getting someone from outside of academia was the right move at the right time. Hopefully he can get it turned around.

bigsky33 said:
Jaredkuehn said:
Catsrback76 said:

Enrollment at MSU is up 25% over the last decade compared to a 30% drop for UM. The graduation rate is increasing at a really good level of 17% over the last five years. Also, a new state of the art engineering building and business school building plus two new large dormitories and two new beautiful dining halls. Also, state of the art athletic facilities are close to being funded. Waded doesn't need spin to look good.

She’s smart enough not to bring attention to a chink in the armor. MSU isn’t going to set enrollment records forever.

HookedonGriz said:
Catsrback76 said:

I have not seen the freshman enrollment numbers reported yet.

Catsrback76 said:

Bozeman flagship? Is that like saying you have the fastest minivan in your whole garage?

CDAGRIZ said:
Catsrback76 said:

Bozeman flagship? Is that like saying you have the fastest minivan in your whole garage?

That simply means we win...again...and again...and again... and...in every way. :coffee:

You're easy! :cool:

Why is this fucking thread on this board. Mods for fucks sake get it the fuck out of here for no other fucking reason than to clear up my fucking god dam fucking language he got fucks sake.

Catsrback76 said:
CDAGRIZ said:
Catsrback76 said:

That simply means we win...again...and again...and again... and...in every way. :coffee:

You're easy! :cool:

Bozeman Flagship is actually really funny and cute.

kemajic said:
argh! said:
i was roundly denigrated for asking how bodnar was doing not too long ago
Insufficiently so.

This is an underrated POTY candidate. Not that I have anything against argh, it's just so understatedly dry. It's very "British" in it's subtle undercutting.

*Apologies for commenting on an older post, I've just returned to Sask from the game yesterday and I don't check egriz while in Big Sky Country, too old to read on my phone, too lazy to bring a lap top. On a side note had to leave the game at halftime yesterday and return to points north as GF mom had emergency surgery for blocked arteries. Got the first half from seats in Sec 124 row 6, so thanks to whomever didn't want their season ticks for that one. Fans in that section sure didn't like refs. Also Liquid Planet puts out a pretty good breakfast.

Back