• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Ty Gregorak

get'em_griz said:
Looks like he’s not quite done with football. He’s going to be the color analyst for ROOT Sports this fall.

https://twitter.com/gregrachac/status/1174160189806850048?s=20

This is good. I always like cover by someone who understands the teams. Eg. Grady Bennet on tv and Scott Gurnsey on radio.

AZGrizFan said:
This love/hate relationship egrizzers have with TG is comical.

Course, same could be said about Stitt, Jensen, etc., etc.

Folks just need to take the advice of the princess in Frozen....let it go, let it go....

last place I expected to see a "Princess in Frozen" quote :thumb:

The.Real.2506 said:
AZGrizFan said:

Folks just need to take the advice of the princess in Frozen....let it go, let it go....

Well you guys are frozen half of the year ;)

That guy is Benedict Arnold to me. The university of Montana gave that guy a chance after he was busted at a strip club passed out drunk with a gun in his car. And how does He repay them? He is the sole reason for a 3 game losing streak to MSU not Jeff Choate. When Stitt was coaching he was calling our plays from the sidelines during the game. Former Cat players have said so much. Screw that guy I will never forget his betrayal. Have fun in Blowzman douche bag.

Please check your facts.
is Benedict Arnold to me. The university of Montana gave that guy a chance after he was busted at a strip club passed out drunk with a gun in his car. And how does He repay them? He is the sole reason for a 3 game losing streak to MSU not Jeff Choate

Your post might be full of "emotion" and contain some assumptions / comments that are not 100% true.

https://lasvegassun.com/news/2010/jul/16/charges-dropped-against-former-unlv-linebackers-co/

https://www.dailyrecordnews.com/sports/nuances-of-the-game-a-strange-road-led-coach-ty/article_dbbc28e8-e3eb-11df-adec-001cc4c002e0.html

grizaremoregooder said:
That guy is Benedict Arnold to me. The university of Montana gave that guy a chance after he was busted at a strip club passed out drunk with a gun in his car. And how does He repay them? He is the sole reason for a 3 game losing streak to MSU not Jeff Choate. When Stitt was coaching he was calling our plays from the sidelines during the game. Former Cat players have said so much. Screw that guy I will never forget his betrayal. Have fun in Blowzman douche bag.

The.Real.2506 said:
AZGrizFan said:

I’m a renaissance man, man. What can I say?

grizaremoregooder said:

You do realize that he left because the head coach at the time sent him packing...I can't blame a guy for finding a new job in that scenario.

grizindabox said:
grizaremoregooder said:

You do realize that he left because the head coach at the time sent him packing...I can't blame a guy for finding a new job in that scenario.
I realize that. You didn't see Bobby Hauck Jonesing for the Bobcat head job when it opened up so he could come home did you. There are some bridges you don't cross that was one of em. Screw Gregorak that is my opinion no ones gonna change it. I won't even get into the shit that went down in Bozeman that lead right into his termination. I will hit the mute button when he talks in Roots.

grizaremoregooder said:

He wasn’t busted for any of that. He was not even at the strip club, according to video at the door, let alone passed out. After investigation, the charge was dropped. Get your facts straight. You are an idiot.

grizaremoregooder said:
grizindabox said:
grizaremoregooder said:

I realize that. You didn't see Bobby Hauck Jonesing for the Bobcat head job when it opened up so he could come home did you. There are some bridges you don't cross that was one of em. Screw Gregorak that is my opinion no ones gonna change it. I won't even get into the shit that went down in Bozeman that lead right into his termination. I will hit the mute button when he talks in Roots.

None of the Bozeman rumors are true. You are an idiot.

Proud Griz Man said:
Please check your facts.
is Benedict Arnold to me. The university of Montana gave that guy a chance after he was busted at a strip club passed out drunk with a gun in his car. And how does He repay them? He is the sole reason for a 3 game losing streak to MSU not Jeff Choate

Your post might be full of "emotion" and contain some assumptions / comments that are not 100% true.

https://lasvegassun.com/news/2010/jul/16/charges-dropped-against-former-unlv-linebackers-co/

https://www.dailyrecordnews.com/sports/nuances-of-the-game-a-strange-road-led-coach-ty/article_dbbc28e8-e3eb-11df-adec-001cc4c002e0.html

grizaremoregooder said:
Here's the facts: he doesn't remember what happened. He was found in a car passed out drunk behind the wheel with a gun on him that did not belong to him. He was fired from his coaching position at UNLV because of that. The Montana Grizzlies hired him on as a linebackers coach after all that. He then went to our hated rival and stabbed us in the back 3 years in a row. He was fired again on stuff that would put desperate houswives to shame. Lets just say I'm not a fan he is dead to me and thousands of other Griz fans. I will hit the mute button when he is on Roots.

grizaremoregooder said:
Proud Griz Man said:
Please check your facts.

grizaremoregooder said:
Here's the facts: he doesn't remember what happened. He was found in a car passed out drunk behind the wheel with a gun on him that did not belong to him. He was fired from his coaching position at UNLV because of that. The Montana Grizzlies hired him on as a linebackers coach after all that. He then went to our hated rival and stabbed us in the back 3 years in a row. He was fired again on stuff that would put desperate houswives to shame. Lets just say I'm not a fan he is dead to me and thousands of other Griz fans. I will hit the mute button when he is on Roots.

Those aren't the facts. He wasn't found anywhere. He slept in a hotel that night. There is video of him checking into the hotel and walking to his room. He isn't carrying anything in the video. No luggage. No nothing.

He was fired from his job, but that was before the Boulder cops did an investigation. The charge was dropped almost immediately. Within a week or so. The video at the strip club showed that he was never in the club or at the front door. The cops hadn't looked at the video before they charged him.

The half dozen or so friends he was out with that night, say he wasn't even close to drunk when they last saw him.

Again, the Bozeman rumor stuff is not true.

You are an idiot.

I dont care about what might have happened in Vegas or why he got terminated in Bozeman, all I care about is why he left Missoula the second time. I admit that it is possible there was more to the situation than I know but the fact remains, if this move was for family reasons he would've never mentioned his continuing aspirations to coach at a higher level to Choate. MSU might have been the only good offer he had, and in that sense he took the job to take care of his family, but if he had been offered the head coaching job at Idaho State, by the sounds of what he was saying in the missoulian article, I think he wouldve taken it.

Personally I think if he had real intentions of being in Bozeman for the long term, he wouldnt have that kind of conversation with the coach. You arent still thinking about possibly leaving for greener pastures if your reason for moving was entirely based on a family related decision. For that reason I will always feel a little sour when I hear his name.

Obviously I wish him the best though and hope that he has a long, happy life with his family. Hopefully he is better than some of the past root sports analysts.

This could be a good fit for TG. He loves attention/camera time. Part of the reason he loved being on the sideline instead of in the booth. He always knows where the cameras are. I mean the guy had articles in every paper in Montana and did a press tour because he joined Stryker to do medical sales. TG LOVES to be on TV and hear himself talk. So yes, this could be a perfect fit. He's always a good interview. Well spoken, entertaining, passionate about football. He could go far with this gig. As mentioned before, having an intimate knowledge of the big sky from a coaches perspective will be huge for the ROOT team. Looking forward to TG on TV almost as much as he probably is. ;)

At least hey will have a commentator that understands the Big Sky knows mos tof the coaches etc. Heck, I would have liked to have had the "big human" try it out. hE was always entertaining.

Grizbballfan14 said:
I dont care about what might have happened in Vegas or why he got terminated in Bozeman, all I care about is why he left Missoula the second time. I admit that it is possible there was more to the situation than I know but the fact remains, if this move was for family reasons he would've never mentioned his continuing aspirations to coach at a higher level to Choate. MSU might have been the only good offer he had, and in that sense he took the job to take care of his family, but if he had been offered the head coaching job at Idaho State, by the sounds of what he was saying in the missoulian article, I think he wouldve taken it.

Personally I think if he had real intentions of being in Bozeman for the long term, he wouldnt have that kind of conversation with the coach. You arent still thinking about possibly leaving for greener pastures if your reason for moving was entirely based on a family related decision. For that reason I will always feel a little sour when I hear his name.

Obviously I wish him the best though and hope that he has a long, happy life with his family. Hopefully he is better than some of the past root sports analysts.

He didn’t take the Bozeman job only for family reasons. It was a factor. He also wanted to work with Choate. Bozeman and various places are closer to his older son. He had other choices. A week later, he could have taken the DC job at Hawaii.

grizaremoregooder said:
Proud Griz Man said:
Please check your facts.

grizaremoregooder said:

You are an ignorant idiot and give fans a bad name. "Us" as if you are apart of the team or staff.

The mute button though! Take that Ty.

grizaremoregooder said:

Couldn't agree more alpha. TG is a meathead tool, his actions prove it and he is embarrassing for any program to have represent them. The stuff with him beating up the coach at MSU is further proof that posters like you and I get it and others have "never played the game" I will turn the audio down if meathead is blathering on with a mic.

PlayerRep said:
grizaremoregooder said:
Proud Griz Man said:
Please check your facts.

grizaremoregooder said:

Those aren't the facts. He wasn't found anywhere. He slept in a hotel that night. There is video of him checking into the hotel and walking to his room. He isn't carrying anything in the video. No luggage. No nothing.

He was fired from his job, but that was before the Boulder cops did an investigation. The charge was dropped almost immediately. Within a week or so. The video at the strip club showed that he was never in the club or at the front door. The cops hadn't looked at the video before they charged him.

The half dozen or so friends he was out with that night, say he wasn't even close to drunk when they last saw him.

Again, the Bozeman rumor stuff is not true.

You are an idiot.

many times we don't agree but we do on this one. if you can ever get TG or one of his close friends to tell you the real story what happened you will even have a greater appreciation for him

Back