• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Wazzu Transfer Mason Vinyard 6'5" 230lb Rush Linebacker

TCCGRIZ said:
AZGrizFan said:
hubcap said:
PlayerRep said:
Griz don't have big bodies on o-line? See below from current roster:

6'5, 336
6'7", 318
6'6", 335
6'6", 290
6'8", 287
6'4", 301
6'3", 291
6'6", 325
6'5", 324
6'5", 305
6'3", 315
6'7", 290
6'5", 284
6'7", 321
6'5", 295

9 over 300, 15 over 284, 13 over 290, 12 6'5" or over. By contrast, NDS has 8 over 300, and 10 290 and over.

And the sdfish thinks he isn't digging a whole.

I would take all 8 of NDSU 300+ guys over anyone of ours. Hell, I would take all 18 over 290.

That is a retarded statement.

If there is anyone here on this board that is an expert on retarded it is AZ . :shock:
Just kidding, I couldn't help myself lol
What rock did you crawl out from under, bro? You been in prison for the past couple months or something? :? :?

CDAGRIZ said:
This was a fun read. I will say the following: Hauck has contacts here in Southern California. There are fantastic HS programs here in Southern California. So many that a lot of them are pipeline programs for great CFB programs. Some of the dudes in these programs have buddies going FBS to USC, UCLA, SDSU, Oregon, and so on, but might not personally have the skills/development at 17/18 years old get attention from those programs. I agree with Box that you recruit where you have contacts/relationships. Having a coach with said contacts cannot be a negative.

To that end, I really like a strategy of establishing and maintaining the relationships in Southern California, and perhaps steering certain recruits toward UM and away from the community college direction. I know of many guys who didn’t get FBS looks, and decided to go CC (which is also a fertile recruiting ground down here), to try to land an FBS offer that ends up being from Utah State or Texas State. Get those guys on board with the fact that they can play for a program with our resources, facilities, development, exposure, and placement instead of taking a flyer on a year at Mount SAC to chase becoming a lost letterman at an obscure FBS program, and maybe we can get a stew going.

Edit: Just to add that I’ve never recruited a single CFB player, and generally have no idea about how any part of this works.

And what the fuck do yous know anyways? You're supposed to be in Coue'r d' Alene!

AZGrizFan said:
CDAGRIZ said:
This was a fun read. I will say the following: Hauck has contacts here in Southern California. There are fantastic HS programs here in Southern California. So many that a lot of them are pipeline programs for great CFB programs. Some of the dudes in these programs have buddies going FBS to USC, UCLA, SDSU, Oregon, and so on, but might not personally have the skills/development at 17/18 years old get attention from those programs. I agree with Box that you recruit where you have contacts/relationships. Having a coach with said contacts cannot be a negative.

To that end, I really like a strategy of establishing and maintaining the relationships in Southern California, and perhaps steering certain recruits toward UM and away from the community college direction. I know of many guys who didn’t get FBS looks, and decided to go CC (which is also a fertile recruiting ground down here), to try to land an FBS offer that ends up being from Utah State or Texas State. Get those guys on board with the fact that they can play for a program with our resources, facilities, development, exposure, and placement instead of taking a flyer on a year at Mount SAC to chase becoming a lost letterman at an obscure FBS program, and maybe we can get a stew going.

Edit: Just to add that I’ve never recruited a single CFB player, and generally have no idea about how any part of this works.

And what the fuck do yous know anyways? You're supposed to be in Coue'r d' Alene!

Great point, AZ.

SaskGriz said:
rocklobster said:
AZDoc said:
Griz til I die said:
Mason Vinyards a total afterthought now :lol:

Who?
No, what! It’s a fine “Vinyard” in Washington where the make an incredible merlot! It has a fleshiness in flavor to it (real wine terminology, btw.)

I prefer my wines made of barley "Peaty" "Smokey" and from the Isle of Islay. ;)

That goes without saying! And those fine wines of Moose Jaw...and Climax!

AZGrizFan said:
TCCGRIZ said:
AZGrizFan said:
hubcap said:
I would take all 8 of NDSU 300+ guys over anyone of ours. Hell, I would take all 18 over 290.

If there is anyone here on this board that is an expert on retarded it is AZ . :shock:
What rock did you crawl out from under, bro? You been in prison for the past couple months or something? :? :?
Just been lurking! Been busy coaching baseball and waiting for fall brother !

TCCGRIZ said:
AZGrizFan said:
TCCGRIZ said:
AZGrizFan said:

Just been lurking! Been busy coaching baseball and waiting for fall brother !
:thumb:

Don’t wish away summer. :evil:

Back