• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

gregorak leaving bobcats?

Status
Not open for further replies.
ilovethecats said:
Dutch Lane said:
bigsky33 said:
Dutch Lane said:
Point out where I am wrong. :thumb:

It was not just Ty that recruited Troy. The coaching staff were all aware of his talents. He was recruited as a LB. The QBs issue was a result of a perfect storm. Prukrop transferred. Jordan Hoy left team and went JC. They brought in Bruggerman a transfer who was highly regarded. He looked great in practice but was terrible in games. They throw in 17 yo true frost Murray. He can’t pass but could run. He is off team because of academics. They recruit Rovig and he gets hurt in Spring. Choate recruits two excellent freshman, Bauman and Beltran. They were not ready. They needed experience and the Troy played QB in HS. He gave best chance to win. Yes, LB is his strongest position. Next year he will be back at LB and play some RB. Rovig, Bauman and Beltran will battle for qb. The Coaches made a good move with Troy last year. Look at what he accomplished.

Why won’t you at least admit that it was Ty who brought Troy to the attention of choate and the offensive coaches during the first week of early ball, who all clearly failed to properly evaluate his talent unlike Ty did. Let me give you another tid bit, Troy is planning on playing and starting at qb for the next two season for your bobcats. Where do I get this stupid stuff? You would be surprised. Read some of my older posts regarding Troy.

Was Troy gonna run that by the coaches or will he just make that call...? :lol:
Choate would be stupid if Troy is not in the QB mix!

catsack said:
ilovethecats said:
Dutch Lane said:
bigsky33 said:
It was not just Ty that recruited Troy. The coaching staff were all aware of his talents. He was recruited as a LB. The QBs issue was a result of a perfect storm. Prukrop transferred. Jordan Hoy left team and went JC. They brought in Bruggerman a transfer who was highly regarded. He looked great in practice but was terrible in games. They throw in 17 yo true frost Murray. He can’t pass but could run. He is off team because of academics. They recruit Rovig and he gets hurt in Spring. Choate recruits two excellent freshman, Bauman and Beltran. They were not ready. They needed experience and the Troy played QB in HS. He gave best chance to win. Yes, LB is his strongest position. Next year he will be back at LB and play some RB. Rovig, Bauman and Beltran will battle for qb. The Coaches made a good move with Troy last year. Look at what he accomplished.

Why won’t you at least admit that it was Ty who brought Troy to the attention of choate and the offensive coaches during the first week of early ball, who all clearly failed to properly evaluate his talent unlike Ty did. Let me give you another tid bit, Troy is planning on playing and starting at qb for the next two season for your bobcats. Where do I get this stupid stuff? You would be surprised. Read some of my older posts regarding Troy.

Choate would be stupid if Troy is not in the QB mix!

Choach will still be stupid if Troy is in the QB mix.

Ursa Major said:
bgbigdog said:
Ursa Major said:
CDAGRIZ said:
Scented Candles. Scandles.
IDK, these things just come to me.

I bet scented candles could come in handy in the cats coaches lounge.

Sounds like it’s been seeing more action than a Playboy mansion grotto orgy with a coked up James Cann and Sammy Davis Jr. back in’74.

True story. One of my college jobs was working for a caterer & I was actually there the night that Hef got so mad @ a stumbling drunk Dennis Weaver that he knocked him to the floor & startled literally pummeling him. Out of nowhere comes Mick Jagger & he starts yelling “Hey Hugh, get off of McCloud.” Those were the days man.
I remember that episode on the old show. Steve Lawrence and Eydie Gormé were gorked out of their minds on the coach and looking on pie-eyed. In the background you can see Burt Reynolds never stopped dipping his potato chips in California onion dip and laughing during the entire melee. f***[*] was cool under pressure.

I forget sometimes how much older I am than you. :lol:

[media]https://youtu.be/oLo2HMnElxA[/media]

ilovethecats said:
Dutch Lane said:
ilovethecats said:
Dutch Lane said:

Actually it has already been discussed and the call has been made. It’s Troys job to lose if he wants it and he does want it. Only you and the other tools over on bobcat nation still dont get it. :roll:
:lol: :thumb:
Laugh all you want but Dutch is dead-on. TA is the greatest thing to happen to MSU since Stitt got hired. He’s the only true threat at QB they’ve had in decades and all of cat nation wants to move him to a new position each week. I agree, he’d probably make a hell of a RB or LB, shit even DE or S. But QB is the most important position of any sport, and he has that unique combo of athleticism and a killer attitude that should be coveted at the position. I don’t understand why there’s even a debate at what position he should play, especially for that offense and their depth. Sure there may be better passers on paper, and he’s better than the players at the other positions, but I wouldn’t trade TA’s will to win for those marginal increases. I knew it the first game of the year. He willed them to that win, and several others.

Why doesn't he play qb and linebacker? Don't think I'd want to be a receiver for the Cats. I loved someone's comment that MSU may as well hire an o-line coach as receiver coach because all the receivers do is block most of the time anyway.

garizzalies said:
ilovethecats said:
Dutch Lane said:
ilovethecats said:

Actually it has already been discussed and the call has been made. It’s Troys job to lose if he wants it and he does want it. Only you and the other tools over on bobcat nation still dont get it. :roll:
Laugh all you want but Dutch is dead-on. TA is the greatest thing to happen to MSU since Stitt got hired. He’s the only true threat at QB they’ve had in decades and all of cat nation wants to move him to a new position each week. I agree, he’d probably make a hell of a RB or LB, shit even DE or S. But QB is the most important position of any sport, and he has that unique combo of athleticism and a killer attitude that should be coveted at the position. I don’t understand why there’s even a debate at what position he should play, especially for that offense and their depth. Sure there may be better passers on paper, and he’s better than the players at the other positions, but I wouldn’t trade TA’s will to win for those marginal increases. I knew it the first game of the year. He willed them to that win, and several others.

Good points. I find it really funny how every single MSU QB recruit is going to be the answer and then they piss down their legs when they put on shoulder pads and people from another team try to tackle them. Andersen doesn't. That counts for a lot.

garizzalies said:
ilovethecats said:
Dutch Lane said:
ilovethecats said:

He's a hell of a football player for sure. And a great kid.

garizzalies said:
ilovethecats said:
Dutch Lane said:
ilovethecats said:

I agree with most of what you are saying. However, to say he is the only true threat QB in decades I think is not true. Lulay and McGhee were both outstanding QBs. They both had that same will to win as Troy.

bigsky33 said:
garizzalies said:
ilovethecats said:
Dutch Lane said:

I agree with most of what you are saying. However, to say he is the only true threat QB in decades I think is not true. Lulay and McGhee were both outstanding QBs. They both had that same will to win as Troy.

How do you see the "great" QB recruits, Barnum and Bailey, panning out? I know you said they weren't ready. Do you think they will ever be ready, or just two more Choach busts?

PlayerRep said:
Why doesn't he play qb and linebacker? Don't think I'd want to be a receiver for the Cats. I loved someone's comment that MSU may as well hire an o-line coach as receiver coach because all the receivers do is block most of the time anyway.

Cats' limited passing game vs. UM was a big factor in their win......probably bigger than the topic you won't let go away.

CDAGRIZ said:
bigsky33 said:
garizzalies said:
ilovethecats said:

How do you see the "great" QB recruits, Barnum and Bailey, panning out? I know you said they weren't ready. Do you think they will ever be ready, or just two more Choach busts?

No, as true freshman, they were not ready. Beside that, Troy gave the team the best chance to win, which proved to be a good move. Bauman at 6'6" has a really good arm. He played at a small HS in WA so needed a lot of work in game preparation. Heard that he did excel in a summer camp for the top QB's in Northwest last summer. Beltran played for the top HS in AZ, Centennial, and won the State Championship. He got the Top Scout Team Player award last season. Doesn't have the physical presence of Bauman but is a good, accurate passer and runner and is good at running the option. He is a really tough kid who played at a high level in HS. After a year in the system, it will be interesting to see how they perform in Spring. Along with Rovig, it should be a good competition.

bgbigdog said:
Ursa Major said:
bgbigdog said:
Ursa Major said:
I bet scented candles could come in handy in the cats coaches lounge.

Sounds like it’s been seeing more action than a Playboy mansion grotto orgy with a coked up James Cann and Sammy Davis Jr. back in’74.

True story. One of my college jobs was working for a caterer & I was actually there the night that Hef got so mad @ a stumbling drunk Dennis Weaver that he knocked him to the floor & startled literally pummeling him. Out of nowhere comes Mick Jagger & he starts yelling “Hey Hugh, get off of McCloud.” Those were the days man.
I remember that episode on the old show. Steve Lawrence and Eydie Gormé were gorked out of their minds on the coach and looking on pie-eyed. In the background you can see Burt Reynolds never stopped dipping his potato chips in California onion dip and laughing during the entire melee. f***[*] was cool under pressure.

I forget sometimes how much older I am than you. :lol:

[media]https://youtu.be/oLo2HMnElxA[/media]

:lol:

Hippy

bigsky33 said:
CDAGRIZ said:
bigsky33 said:
garizzalies said:

No, as true freshman, they were not ready. Beside that, Troy gave the team the best chance to win, which proved to be a good move. Bauman at 6'6" has a really good arm. He played at a small HS in WA so needed a lot of work in game preparation. Heard that he did excel in a summer camp for the top QB's in Northwest last summer. Beltran played for the top HS in AZ, Centennial, and won the State Championship. He got the Top Scout Team Player award last season. Doesn't have the physical presence of Bauman but is a good, accurate passer and runner and is good at running the option. He is a really tough kid who played at a high level in HS. After a year in the system, it will be interesting to see how they perform in Spring. Along with Rovig, it should be a good competition.

Interesting. So, its:

1. Bauman: 6'6"; really good arm; excelled in summer camp.
2. Beltran: Did well in HS (that's a plus for a DI athlete); top scout player; accurate passer; good runner; good at running the option; is also tough.

Sounds like both are simply amazing! It's almost like we've heard something like this before.

Question: Of the Bobcat QBs you consider to have been "great" over the last 20 years, how many wouldn't have been "ready" as freshmen if the best option would have been a LB who skips and sails?

CDAGRIZ said:
bigsky33 said:
CDAGRIZ said:
bigsky33 said:

Interesting. So, its:

2. Beltran: Did well in HS (that's a plus for a DI athlete); top scout player; accurate passer; good runner; good at running the option; is also tough.

Sounds like both are simply amazing! It's almost like we've heard something like this before.

Question: Of the Bobcat QBs you consider to have been "great" over the last 20 years, how many wouldn't have been "ready" as freshmen if the best option would have been a LB who skips and sails?

Where do you get that they sound both simply amazing. Yes, they did good at a lesser level but they have not played in a game yet.

Your question doesn't make any sense as they are completely different situations. Lulay, McGhee and Troy are all very similar in their leadership skills and athletic ability. As we saw with Troy, his less than average passing ability was made up for by his leadership and overall athletic ability. And you fail to mention that Troy was a winning QB in HS. Lulay started as a true freshman and McGhee as a redshirt freshman. So McGhee had a year in the system before he started.

bigsky33 said:
CDAGRIZ said:
bigsky33 said:
CDAGRIZ said:

Interesting. So, its:

Where do you get that they sound both simply amazing. Yes, they did good at a lesser level but they have not played in a game yet.

Your question doesn't make any sense as they are completely different situations. Lulay, McGhee and Troy are all very similar in their leadership skills and athletic ability. As we saw with Troy, his less than average passing ability was made up for by his leadership and overall athletic ability. And you fail to mention that Troy was a winning QB in HS. Lulay started as a true freshman and McGhee as a redshirt freshman. So McGhee had a year in the system before he started.

Which of the "great" Bobcat QBs over last 20 years would not have been "ready" as freshmen if the alternative was a LB with JV passing ability? If the answer is "none of them", you can reply "none of them".

CDAGRIZ said:
bigsky33 said:
CDAGRIZ said:
bigsky33 said:

Interesting. So, its:

Which of the "great" Bobcat QBs over last 20 years would not have been "ready" as freshmen if the alternative was a LB with JV passing ability? If the answer is "none of them", you can reply "none of them".

Troy was QB in HS. I am not getting your point.

BigSky- he's playing you! Most of these guys know what's going on in Bozeman and they're not happy about it. All along Choate has been building the program and working towards a championship team. He's been pretty clear about year four being the target when the system and players for that system are fully implemented. Last year's results kind of looked like we may even be slightly ahead of schedule with a 3rd win over um, and winning a home playoff game. So Choate had four wins in 2016, five wins in 2017, eight wins in 2018, and we return a shitload of the same players for 2019. The trend for where Choate-led teams is pretty clear. Does anyone think MSU won't get to at least nine wins in 2019?

poorgriz said:
BigSky- he's playing you! Most of these guys know what's going on in Bozeman and they're not happy about it. All along Choate has been building the program and working towards a championship team. He's been pretty clear about year four being the target when the system and players for that system are fully implemented. Last year's results kind of looked like we may even be slightly ahead of schedule with a 3rd win over um, and winning a home playoff game. So Choate had four wins in 2016, five wins in 2017, eight wins in 2018, and we return a shitload of the same players for 2019. The trend for where Choate-led teams is pretty clear. Does anyone think MSU won't get to at least nine wins in 2019?

+1 That is all CDA knows how to do. You are right-on poorgriz.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back