• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

How many undrafted free agent contracts will we see?

I distinctly remember you predicting on more than one occasion that Gubner would be drafted and as of yet he can't get into a camp as a FA...but every scout/coach in the NFL are idiots because they don't agree with you. Maybe none of those NFL guys ever played the game.
Nope. I made no Griz draft predictions this year, to my recollection. Feel free to find them. Let's bet $250 on this. Easy for money for you, right? Also, try to work on your sense of humor.

Nope. I made no Griz draft predictions this year, to my recollection. Feel free to find them. Let's bet $250 on this. Easy for money for you, right? Also, try to work on your sense of humor.
I especially like him telling you that no teams even want Gubner, and the very next post is Gubner getting picked up by the reigning Super Bowl champions. You can't make this up. :ROFLMAO:

Elrod my point was that your daddy predicted Gubner would be DRAFTED and since you hang on his every word you know I'm right. He clearly thinks he's smarter than every team/coach/scout that didn't pick him up because they are idiots and never played the game at a non-scholarship school 50 years ago. You can't make THIS shit up.
I'm glad Gubner is a getting an opportunity as a FA that I feel he clearly deserves and I sincerely hope it works out for him. I like his chances.

Elrod my point was that your daddy predicted Gubner would be DRAFTED and since you hang on his every word you know I'm right. He clearly thinks he's smarter than every team/coach/scout that didn't pick him up because they are idiots and never played the game at a non-scholarship school 50 years ago. You can't make THIS shit up.
I'm glad Gubner is a getting an opportunity as a FA that I feel he clearly deserves and I sincerely hope it works out for him. I like his chances.
Nope. Didn't say Gubner would be drafted, to my recollection. You are lying. Put up on shut up. Do your search. Let's bet $250.

Played at the top team in the East, in one year. Won the award over Penn St. 14th in the nation. The Ivies give scholarships based on financial need. Most/football players in the Ivies are now getting scholarships close to $100,000 per year. My school gives full rides to anyone coming from families making less than $125,000 per year. Plus they can get great jobs through their alumni networks. After 20 years, median pay is $162,000 for Ivy grads. My school is a bit higher. https://www.ivycoach.com/the-ivy-coach-blog/ivy-league/ivy-league-salaries-after-graduation/

Here are links to 2 Sports Illustrated articles on that non-scholarship team. The first one was in SI a few days after undefeated Dartmouth beat then undefeated Yale in front of 61,000 fans in the Yale Bowl. Read them and report back.

"It was the cradle of football, and a number of its players have excelled in the NFL—Calvin Hill, Ed Marinaro, Gary Fencik and Nick Lowery, [Dick Jauron, George Starke, Hank Bjorkland]", all during my era.

So, that makes you smarter than the NFL guys. Got it. I didn't see your name mentioned in either article and Google doesn't know that you are in the HOF. Imagine that.

So, that makes you smarter than the NFL guys. Got it. I didn't see your name mentioned in either article and Google doesn't know that you are in the HOF. Imagine that.
I never said I was smater than NFL. Glad you saw hiw giid my team was. By the way, NFL commissioner Goodell sent his twin daughters to Dartmouth. He believes in education.

I expect to see Goodell, Archie Manning and the Manning brothers at Dartmouth in 2 weeks.

Lets see your link for Dartmouth football hall of fame. Bet you never looked at it.

Pretty easily settled if you just go find the quote and post it here.

Moving to the FBS makes more sense now than ever. With the Portal, there's no reason not to try to tap into the extra players and talent. Yeah, yeah, yeah... we (the fans) all enjoy the JV National Championship, but with the portal, there's no reason at all UM can't transition in like JMU, Appy, Georgia Southern, Coastal Carolina, and others have done. I think eventually, if UM doesn't, the school is gonna be left in a newly designated type of D2 conference.

The P5 schools have already pretty much locked up two conferences and are freezing the G5's out. The G5's are all mostly, not all, but mostly former FCS programs. It makes sense that they will become D1AA again, just called G5 something or other and play for a G5 National Championship. Laugh, but it's not too far from reality now.
Good post. And accurate too

No, we've already established his limited intelligence. But he's great at organizing a make-a-friend site

I said he would not get drafted.I was hoping for a FA contract possibly Seattle cause they like to sneak in and steal players.I also knew something was coming for Gubner.Great shot for him and even if he does not make it there he will get looks from other teams.Good Luck !

I am guessing this discussion is now over since Gubner has now been invited to the Kansas City Camp!

It wasn’t purely about Gubner. I’m hoping we get more news about a couple more prospects from last years group, whether it’s more camp invites or an opportunity north of the border or in other alternative leagues.

It’s still befuddling that there wasn’t a single UFA. I know there has been a lot of discussion as to potential reasons for this, but considering we had NFL guys on the staff and around the program it still doesn’t make much sense. Hopefully this turns around in the future, or we see a restructuring of the group of 5 and those left out of the upper echelon into a division we would want to move to.

I didn't anticipate any of the Griz players getting drafted. I thought maybe Gubner and Hill might get shots at UDFA's, but no one else. There were just too many talented people in this year's class. I would rather see Gubner go to a UFL team than CFL. He has a better chance at getting looks. Hey, the CFL pays well though.

Back