• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Griz destroyed by PSU

HookedonGriz

DONOR
Who saw that coming! This guy unfortunately! It’s a tragedy what Griz softball has become. Outrecruited, out coached, outclassed by almost everyone in last few years. We are in an absolute spiral.

HookedonGriz said:
Who saw that coming! This guy unfortunately! It’s a tragedy what Griz softball has become. Outrecruited, out coached, outclassed by almost everyone in last few years. We are in an absolute spiral.

It was painful to watch. :|

That result should be everything Haslam needs to make his decision in the off-season. Losing that bad to a conference opponent is unacceptable!

I highly respect the long-time PSU women's play-by-play announcer, whose name I can't recall. She has a kind of down-home & chatty style, but covers the action objectively and thoroughly and is always prepared regarding info on opponents. In that light, she was NOT taking a cheap shot at the GrizSB when she noted Montana leads all NCAA D1 softball teams nationally in one statistical category: Hit Batters.
Ugh. Losing Dana Butterfield just prior to the pre-season really hurt this team, which now needs to rely on three pitchers who, combined, didn't throw a single pitch in NCAA games last year.

grizzlyjournal said:
I highly respect the long-time PSU women's play-by-play announcer, whose name I can't recall.

I think her last name is Mariani but she pronounces it slightly different than Marc.

BTW, Griz win the final game (just now getting over after it got late start) 2-1.
[media]https://twitter.com/MontanaGrizSB/status/1642686162040139776?cxt=HHwWgMDR3Y2X_8stAAAA[/media]

Wonder if it was because the Griz are more comfortable on turf?
[media]https://twitter.com/MontanaGrizSB/status/1642647411754692609?cxt=HHwWgsDTzcXH7cstAAAA[/media]

I’ll give credit where credits is due…..that was a gutsy and much needed win. What an outing by Brock. I was very happy to see them respond today with a win.

Yes. Any road split win is huge. Allie Brock pitched a 3-hit complete game win, Montana played solid, but not errorless defense and... the Griz batters got 2 runs on just three hits (first run was on a bases loaded walk). As discouraged as I was yesterday, this is a great bounce-back by the GrizSB. Coach Meuchel continues to rotate three players -- Klucewich, Hardy and Saxton -- on the left side of the infield. I also noticed that Kynzie Mohl (backup catcher) replaced Kelly Sweyer as DP for a full game (first time this season). Kelly responds by getting the game-winning rbi as a pinch hitter in the top of the 6th.

westsider said:
Maybe she can cram in a couple NAIA teams prior to getting blasted by a D1 team this weekend.

I've talked often post-game with many of the current GrizSB team and they're all great kids and outstanding students. They're doing everything they can -- minus a starter from last year because of injury. They're all giving all they've got for this program and I'm going to support them 100% by being at every home game. I simply don't think it's necessary to be so harsh. Go Griz.

And another thumping X2 by a D1 team. Will she last the season? And if so, WHY? With those facilities? The kids are great….probably but you have to win with those facilities at Montana and they are sure the heck not. Change in leadership is needed soon.

Back