• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Genatone to portal

He redshirts for a year, gets one stat on ST last year, but he and Nebraska are going to do WHAT with him for three years? If he can't get on the field in Missoula, what are his chances in Lincoln?

Preferred walk-on.
He redshirts for a year, gets one stat on ST last year, but he and Nebraska are going to do WHAT with him for three years? If he can't get on the field in Missoula, what are his chances in Lincoln?
Maybe McNeese State in the future? I think he has some talent, and his speed definitely helps. I don't know enough to know what his best position may be. I can see why he wants to give it a go at his home state school. Hope to he does. At some practices, I recall Bobby getting on him for mistakes in the ST work. I was surprised that he didn't have more ST tackles.

Preferred walk-on.

Maybe McNeese State in the future? I think he has some talent, and his speed definitely helps. I don't know enough to know what his best position may be. I can see why he wants to give it a go at his home state school. Hope to he does. At some practices, I recall Bobby getting on him for mistakes in the ST work. I was surprised that he didn't have more ST tackles.

McDowell ended up about two hours from his home high school. I know, I know, different state, but if you've spent any time in SE TX and LA, you know they're really one in the same....ugly, flat, muggy, nasty shitholes.

tiptoes away....

McDowell ended up about two hours from his home high school. I know, I know, different state, but if you've spent any time in SE TX and LA, you know they're really one in the same....ugly, flat, muggy, nasty shitholes.

tiptoes away....
I, for one, remain unsullied.

Right or wrong, it's clear from his statements that he believes he wasn't getting enough opportunity at Montana. We shall see who was correct over the next couple of years.

Well, if he was third or fourth string, that must mean THE GRIZ ARE LOADED! This season should be a string of lop-sided ass kickin's.
The word will get out quickly, and the Power Conferences will have scouts around WGS and the campus like buzzards on dead tree limbs, gathering information, chasing players from class to class with promises of big NIL money, national TV exposure, and, of course, the NFL.
Or, the coaches f*cked up, ignored him, and took him for granted, keeping him in their back packet for future reference.
Maybe the truth lies somewhere in-between. Food for thought, fodder for trolls.🙊🙉🙈

Well, if he was third or fourth string, that must mean THE GRIZ ARE LOADED! This season should be a string of lop-sided ass kickin's.
The word will get out quickly, and the Power Conferences will have scouts around WGS and the campus like buzzards on dead tree limbs, gathering information, chasing players from class to class with promises of big NIL money, national TV exposure, and, of course, the NFL.
Or, the coaches f*cked up, ignored him, and took him for granted, keeping him in their back packet for future reference.
Maybe the truth lies somewhere in-between. Food for thought, fodder for trolls.🙊🙉🙈
I'm guessing he was probably top 6 or so, but I don't know. Can't imagine he was 3d or 4th string.

He is not good enough for the Griz but yet he is good enough for NEBRASKA. We must be a high ranking team close to USC ,Michigan or Alabama.

He is not good enough for the Griz but yet he is good enough for NEBRASKA. We must be a high ranking team close to USC ,Michigan or Alabama.
Preferred walk on in his home state 10.5 in high school. He has potential to find his spot.

Last edited:
Good grief. How about we just wish the young man well as he moves on with his life. He gets to go play near home and for a school that has an immense amount of tradition. He is part of a team that plays in one of the two NCAA powerhouse conferences. A loss for the Griz? Potentially, but it is next man up and one more scholarship to give to a portal drop down. Coaches fault? Nope. Kid wants to shoot his shot and thinks he can. Maybe he wants to be closer to home. Maybe he misses his girlfriend. Who knows and who cares.

They wanted him out of high school but had a policy for a while of basically slow walking Nebraska kids and offering them walk on spots while giving out of state kids scholarships. They figured a lot of Nebraska kids would grow up wanting to play there badly enough that they would come as walk ons.

Their coach isn't liking that, and has talked very openly about using NIL money as a sort of scholarship in kind and he very specifically talked about how guys like Genatone should have gotten a better offer during recruitment, and NIL now lets them do that.

So I think this is far more about them wanting him in the first place than anything he did at Missoula. He was considered a STUD athlete in Nebraska circles after his high school feats.

They wanted him out of high school but had a policy for a while of basically slow walking Nebraska kids and offering them walk on spots while giving out of state kids scholarships. They figured a lot of Nebraska kids would grow up wanting to play there badly enough that they would come as walk ons.
Huh. Now where have I heard that strategy before?

Back