• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

New Wallpapers

F.T.C.

DONOR
The guy who runs http://www.mghelmets.com made a couple of Griz wallpapers for me, and I thought I'd share them.

normal_montana-griz.JPG

normal_montana-paw.JPG

The full size versions are in my gallery.

He also made the concept helmet for me in my signature line. These are at his website. You should check the website out, he's got a lot of cool stuff there!

I think the helmet looks like a distant Clemson rip-off. I like the"Griz" logo best out of any of them. I also like how no one else in the country has UM's mascot or colors, unlike Blue and gold, which are a dime a dozen.

There are the Memphis Grizzlies in NBA I guess, but they're new.

They emerged in 1995 as the Vancouver Grizzlies, moving to Memphis in 2001. Why wouldn't a team from Memphis call themselves the Kings? Seems like a natural, but never mind.

There are also the Utah Grizzlies of the NHL who have used that nickname since the early 1990s.

UM has the original Grizzlies, still the first and only.

TxGriz said:
There are also the Utah Grizzlies of the NHL who have used that nickname since the early 1990s.

ECHL (I was going to guess IHL, but had to look it up). :thumb:

Also, check this out from their website:

(I would have guessed the Jazz...)

Tribune Poll: Grizzlies Favorite Utah Pro Team
04/16/07

West Valley City, Utah – The Utah Grizzlies of the ECHL beat out every other Utah professional sports team in a recent online poll conducted by The Salt Lake Tribune asking fans who their favorite sports team was. The Grizzlies finished third overall behind BYU football (40.2 percent) and University of Utah football (35.5 percent).

TxGriz said:
Why wouldn't a team from Memphis call themselves the Kings? Seems like a natural, but never mind.

Sacramento is still shy about switching to the "Queens".

Turd Ferguson said:
I think the helmet looks like a distant Clemson rip-off. I like the"Griz" logo best out of any of them. I also like how no one else in the country has UM's mascot or colors, unlike Blue and gold, which are a dime a dozen.

You got that right... not many teams have the balls to wear dark pink... :laugh:

TxGriz said:

They emerged in 1995 as the Vancouver Grizzlies, moving to Memphis in 2001. Why wouldn't a team from Memphis call themselves the Kings? Seems like a natural, but never mind.

UM has the original Grizzlies, still the first and only.

Kinda like the Minneapolis Lakers moving to LA, or the New Orleans Jazz moving to Utah. When they don't change the mascots they don't make sense in their new cities.

poorgriz said:
Turd Ferguson said:

You got that right... not many teams have the balls to wear dark pink... :laugh:

Dark pink? I don't even know what you're talking about. If that's an attempt to make a burn on the color maroon then you fail miserably.

I'm in the process of making one for the 2007 season which I think you guys will like. Stay tuned. :thumb:

I understand there is another "Kings" in the NBA. Is there a law against another NBA team taking the same nickname, other than dumb marketing?

If so there will be a lot of confusion among all the sports teams named after Panthers, Wildcats, Lions, Tigers & Bears oh my . . .

TxGriz said:

I understand there is another "Kings" in the NBA. Is there a law against another NBA team taking the same nickname, other than dumb marketing?

If so there will be a lot of confusion among all the sports teams named after Panthers, Wildcats, Lions, Tigers & Bears oh my . . .

For many years, the CFL had the Saskatchewan Roughriders and the Ottawa Rough Riders. The names were similar enough to be quite confusing, to say the least.

F.T.C. said:
Tod said:
Sundown said:
F.T.C. said:
He also made the concept helmet for me in my signature line.

You know..........I kinda like it.

The colors should be reversed, IMO.

Like this?

montana-slvr.jpg

Yeah! :thumb:

Now, if we wanted to go with the two different helmets like Wash. State, that darker helmet might look real good at away games. Or, to look a little more Darth Vaderish, wear it with the home jerseys and black pants.

:clap:

For us widescreen fans, is there a 1280X768 wallpaper out there. These look a bit streched out for my tastes.

Back