• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

New Roster

PlayerRep

Kobey Eaton, cornerback. Did he move in the spring?

Robby Hauck, 5'10", 170

Jesse Simms, DE, 6',4 ", 272

Sirmon, DT, 6'4", 250

Jeremy Calhoun, 6', 213

Colin Bonnickson, director of football operations. Still listed, but going to a Missoula ad agency.

http://gogriz.com/roster.aspx?path=football

PlayerRep said:
Kobey Eaton, cornerback. Did he move in the spring?

Robby Hauck, 5'10", 170

Jesse Simms, DE, 6',4 ", 272

Sirmon, DT, 6'4", 250

Jeremy Calhoun, 6', 213

Colin Bonnickson, director of football operations. Still listed, but going to a Missoula ad agency.

http://gogriz.com/roster.aspx?path=football

Yes, Eaton moved in the spring. And struggled somewhat, as I recall....

Very young roster. If can get a couple key transfers ready to play next year the team could be loaded. This year I think can surprise some teams but probably not experienced enough to win the conference is my opinion. The transfers they got this year took them from mediocre to being a tough opponent for anyone. Excited for the season to watch the new/young guys improve as season progresses.

dirtysoup said:
Paytonlives said:
grizfan1984 said:
Looks like we lost a corner in Curtis Holmes also.
ya might be so
Appears he's going to Hampton
Interesting situation he's jumping into. Hampton had been a member of the MEAC since 1995. In that, they played a schedule of mostly HBCU opponents. But then they decided to join the Big South (I think that had more to do with their other sports than with football). That put the powers-that-be in the MEAC in a tizzy and they told Hampton to "get lost" as far as scheduling MEAC opponents during their transition. So the Pirates have to go Independent for a year and they had to cobble together a makeshift schedule that includes opponents from D-II, D-III, NAIA and something called the "National Christian College Athletic Association." The spat got pretty ugly, with the Hampton AD claiming that they were being "boycotted" by a lot of HBCU teams. (Here's the article, if you're interested: http://www.dailypress.com/sports/ha...-university-football-schedule-0516-story.html )

On top of all that, Hampton has a new head football coach ... the former coach went off to HBCU Alabama A&M.

kemajic said:
Both Calhouns are on the roster.

I came here to comment on that as well. It has been rumored for a long time that the running back was done. If so, I’m surprised to see him listed after the roster update.

Not Listed:
Gage Smith, Curtis Holmes, Jared Thurber, Josh Deshner, Trevor Hoerner, Braxton Reiten.

https://twitter.com/Amie_Just/status/1018295872449179648

go96griz said:
kemajic said:

I came here to comment on that as well. It has been rumored for a long time that the running back was done. If so, I’m surprised to see him listed after the roster update.

What’s are you talking about Justin the WR was the one speculated in trouble for the downtown incident. That being said 2 calhouns will still be on this team come fall. Which is good for everyone involved

mtgrizfankb said:
go96griz said:
kemajic said:

What’s are you talking about Justin the WR was the one speculated in trouble for the downtown incident. That being said 2 calhouns will still be on this team come fall. Which is good for everyone involved

Ummm actually I heard Jeremy and then Justin may have came in to break it up. Glad both are around.

HookedonGriz said:
mtgrizfankb said:
go96griz said:
kemajic said:

Ummm actually I heard Jeremy and then Justin may have came in to break it up. Glad both are around.

That is exactly what I was told as well.

HookedonGriz said:
mtgrizfankb said:
go96griz said:
kemajic said:

Jeremy never was in question to be part of the team the team this fall and Justin was. Justin in fact is just returning to the team as he had to wait to see it all play out. Jeremy may have been there that could be true for all I know.

Back