• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Murray out for 2018 season!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
ABQCat said:
MissoulaMarinerFan said:
Ursus1 said:
Online courses to get grades up.....hmmm wonder who will be typing on that keyboard
Well, I guess if you withdraw from school, I suppose technically you don't need to be listed as "academically ineligible." *shrug*
Or if you have a coach that genuinely holds kids responsible and manages the challenging situations proactively, the semantics don't matter. *shrug*

How so? I don't know ow the whole story. Did Chote go above and beyond and make the decision to pull the kid or was it simply MSU requirements that any student athlete has to meet?

If it's the latter, he had nothing to do with Murrey not being able to play. He did nothing proactive (that worked) and he did nothing to hold the kid accountable.

I might be wrong as I didn't follow the story but I just thought he didn't meet MSU standards. Correct me.

signedbewildered said:
ABQCat said:
MissoulaMarinerFan said:
Ursus1 said:
Online courses to get grades up.....hmmm wonder who will be typing on that keyboard
Well, I guess if you withdraw from school, I suppose technically you don't need to be listed as "academically ineligible." *shrug*
Or if you have a coach that genuinely holds kids responsible and manages the challenging situations proactively, the semantics don't matter. *shrug*

How so? I don't know ow the whole story. Did Chote go above and beyond and make the decision to pull the kid or was it simply MSU requirements that any student athlete has to meet?

If it's the latter, he had nothing to do with Murrey not being able to play. He did nothing proactive (that worked) and he did nothing to hold the kid accountable.

I might be wrong as I didn't follow the story but I just thought he didn't meet MSU standards. Correct me.
Fair response and I can't answer any of your questions for certain. The only indicator, admittedly weak, is that there's no formal announcement that he's "academically ineligible". The only things Choate has said publically relate to "an academic issue that's been around for a while". There are other quotes that loosely pertain to Chris needing to get his shit together. I'm interpreting this situation as Choate being proactive and not just 'letting the process play out' or any of that kind of nonsense.

If so that's a kick in the balls. Meet the requirements and your head coach says that's not good enough for me, you're sitting anyway.

What a jerk.

signedbewildered said:
If so that's a kick in the balls. Meet the requirements and your head coach says that's not good enough for me, you're sitting anyway.

What a jerk.
Jerk? Genuinely caring about the kid's future and placing the necessity of maintaining strong academics ahead of football makes him a jerk? Interesting.

ABQCat said:
signedbewildered said:

What a jerk.
Jerk? Genuinely caring about the kid's future and placing the necessity of maintaining strong academics ahead of football makes him a jerk? Interesting.

Absolutely if the kid put forth the effort and made the grade. Yes, jerk.

signedbewildered said:
ABQCat said:
signedbewildered said:

What a jerk.

But that’s not what happened. He was in jeopardy from grades even last year. They got him a ton of help and he still couldn’t meet the academic requirements to be eligible to play, whether those standards were the NCAA or MSU. Choate did nothing heroic or right here, as MSU released the grades from summer school earlier this week and it was known right then and there Murray didn’t meet the academic requirements. Once that was known, they made the announcement it was official and Murray would sit out a year for academics.

HookedonGriz said:
signedbewildered said:
ABQCat said:
signedbewildered said:

What a jerk.

But that’s not what happened. He was in jeopardy from grades even last year. They got him a ton of help and he still couldn’t meet the academic requirements to be eligible to play, whether those standards were the NCAA or MSU. Choate did nothing heroic or right here, as MSU released the grades from summer school earlier this week and it was known right then and there Murray didn’t meet the academic requirements. Once that was known, they made the announcement it was official and Murray would sit out a year for academics.

Exactly, he had no say in it. Not sure how that shows he holds players accountable. I think he even mention he felt like he (and the staff) are the ones that failed Chris.

To imply he would be eligible to play in the fall seems absurd.

signedbewildered said:
ABQCat said:
signedbewildered said:

What a jerk.

But if it's more along the lines of what's been made public so far. What if he's been given every opportunity to make corrections and the coaches have been more than supportive, and he still doesn't step up. What if even after 2 years of not taking classes seriously he was given an ultimatum, and he still didn't get his shit together. What if the coach demands even a higher level of leadership OFF the field from a kid who's been a 2 year starter at QB?

Read all the official quotes so far with this filter and let me know your thoughts.

You're telling me he's eligible to play this fall? In the eyes of NCAA and MSU?

Correct?

Because that's what you're basing your "Our coach holds players accountable" crap on.

To be honest I was trying to troll this into the typical beligerant nonsense that pours out of this place, but the conversation has been intellectually honest and reasonable. PR hasn't senselessly insulted somebody (or me) in an attempt to feed his own insecurities, and some of the Cat trolls that take these Cat threads to gutter in almost no time have been on the sidelines for the most part. Not that anybody cares about my validation, but nicely done over here.

I don't know what the hell happened with Murray and how the coaches were involved at any point in the process, but it's immaterial. Good talk. I'm out.

Anyway, Western Illinois will see a Cat QB that's never had a D1 snap, but the grizz unfortunately won't be in the same boat. I believe the Cats will be favored on that fateful day November, but time will tell. I would like that game to determine the BSC championship, and I want to have another chance to meet you fuckers in a playoff game. Almost happened once, and didn't because we didn't hold up our end of the bargain. I'd like a other chance.

Both houses are in an interesting time. Both sides of this have been humbled relative to expectations, but both are highly optimistic (for different reasons). I'll see all of you in November, unless there is: 1) a good Cat thread, 2) you suffer a humiliating loss and I can't stay away, and/or 3) a thread where PR hits a level 10 douchbag. Then you'll see me sooner. Peace out my brothers.

ABQCat said:
To be honest I was trying to troll this into the typical beligerant nonsense that pours out of this place, but the conversation has been intellectually honest and reasonable. PR hasn't senselessly insulted somebody (or me) in an attempt to feed his own insecurities, and some of the Cat trolls that take these Cat threads to gutter in almost no time have been on the sidelines for the most part. Not that anybody cares about my validation, but nicely done over here.

I don't know what the hell happened with Murray and how the coaches were involved at any point in the process, but it's immaterial. Good talk. I'm out.

Anyway, Western Illinois will see a Cat QB that's never had a D1 snap, but the grizz unfortunately won't be in the same boat. I believe the Cats will be favored on that fateful day November, but time will tell. I would like that game to determine the BSC championship, and I want to have another chance to meet you f***[*] in a playoff game. Almost happened once, and didn't because we didn't hold up our end of the bargain. I'd like a other chance.

Both houses are in an interesting time. Both sides of this have been humbled relative to expectations, but both are highly optimistic (for different reasons). I'll see all of you in November, unless there is: 1) a good Cat thread, 2) you suffer a humiliating loss and I can't stay away, and/or 3) a thread where PR hits a level 10 douchbag. Then you'll see me sooner. Peace out my brothers.

You and other Cats have been posting fine or even good and not being trolls, like you in particular often are. Except for CatsRGood. He doesn’t have a clue. I dont senselessly insult people. The ones who get called out completely deserve it. I don’t have insecurities, by the way. I can see that you have had your feelings hurt from when I have called out your troll and stupid posts.

This is a blow to the Cats, but I assume they will figure it out and be fine. Heck, maybe the Oregon guy will come into his own and be a 4 star guy.

PlayerRep said:
ABQCat said:

Anyway, Western Illinois will see a Cat QB that's never had a D1 snap, but the grizz unfortunately won't be in the same boat. I believe the Cats will be favored on that fateful day November, but time will tell. I would like that game to determine the BSC championship, and I want to have another chance to meet you f***[*] in a playoff game. Almost happened once, and didn't because we didn't hold up our end of the bargain. I'd like a other chance.

You and other Cats have been posting fine or even good and not being trolls, like you in particular often are. Except for CatsRGood. He doesn’t have a clue. I dont senselessly insult people. The ones who get called out completely deserve it. I don’t have insecurities, by the way. I can see that you have had your feelings hurt from when I have called out your troll and stupid posts.

This is a blow to the Cats, but I assume they will figure it out and be fine. Heck, maybe the Oregon guy will come into his own and be a 4 star guy.
Uh. This is embarrassing a bit. I was positive that I was on your foe list, and was pretty sure I could start a new post in a thread and smack you with total immunity. Awkward.

Anyway since I have your attention, I'm still in minor disbelief that I have you on record on some very specific posts about your thoughts on the grizz year. Bookmarked. We shall see. Nothing is certain and nothing is known. That's why we play the game.

ABQCat said:
PlayerRep said:
ABQCat said:

Uh. This is embarrassing a bit. I was positive that I was on your foe list, and was pretty sure I could start a new post in a thread and smack you with total immunity. Awkward.

Anyway since I have your attention, I'm still in minor disbelief that I have you on record on some very specific posts about your thoughts on the grizz year. Bookmarked. We shall see. Nothing is certain and nothing is known. That's why we play the game.

I have never put anyone on a Foe list. Don't even know how to do it. Would never do that.

My guess is that you just posted BS on my posts on the Griz year. Put them out here. Let's see what they are. Let's see what you think I said. My guess is that you have a bad memory or are a liar.

PlayerRep said:
ABQCat said:

tenor.gif

PlayerRep said:
ABQCat said:
PlayerRep said:
ABQCat said:

I have never put anyone on a Foe list. Don't even know how to do it. Would never do that.

My guess is that you just posted BS on my posts on the Griz year. Put them out here. Let's see what they are. Let's see what you think I said. My guess is that you have a bad memory or are a liar.
I don't lie and I'm not disingenuous. I did play the game you dumb fvck. Don't ever say that sh!t about me ever again you insecure geriatric dumbfvck.

I'm happy to pull up the post but I'm on my phone and it's not convenient. Stand by maybe a day or so.

ABQCat said:
PlayerRep said:
ABQCat said:
PlayerRep said:

I don't lie and I'm not disingenuous. I did play the game you dumb fvck. Don't ever say that sh!t about me ever again you insecure geriatric dumbfvck.

I'm happy to pull up the post but I'm on my phone and it's not convenient. Stand by maybe a day or so.

Pull up the posts. Didn't you say you had screen shots of more than one post about the Griz. It will take you a day or so to find your screenshots? Please.

Me thinks you are a liar. Never said you did or didn't play the game. I will say whatever I want to you on egriz. Not any insecurity here, but you clearly have insecure.

You are basically a Cat troll, with no substance and little memory. Looking forward to running you out of the gym on this one. Everyone will be laughing at you over this, if they haven't been laughing at you for years.

PlayerRep said:
ABQCat said:
PlayerRep said:
ABQCat said:

You can easily put someone on the foe list in only a moments research even though you've never done it before. You're a liar and a (counter)troll.

See how that works? Just making an example on how you're a total douch on here. The last sentence was unnecessary and dick'ish.

In the meantime, I've done my best review some of the predictions and/or posts made by some of the regulars in search of the PR post referenced, and I saw some amazing stuff. When convenient I will compile a list and start a new predictions thread so it will be easily accessed next late November. PR's post (that I'm not lying about) will be the feature.

Again just to be clear, it will take BH more than his first year to get the ship righted. He's a good coach, but Stitt wasn't. Next year is trouble me thinks.

ABQCat said:
PlayerRep said:
ABQCat said:
PlayerRep said:

You can easily put someone on the foe list in only a moments research even though you've never done it before. You're a liar and a (counter)troll.

See how that works? Just making an example on how you're a total douch on here. The last sentence was unnecessary and dick'ish.

In the meantime, I've done my best review some of the predictions and/or posts made by some of the regulars in search of the PR post referenced, and I saw some amazing stuff. When convenient I will compile a list and start a new predictions thread so it will be easily accessed next late November. PR's post (that I'm not lying about) will be the feature.

Again just to be clear, it will take BH more than his first year to get the ship righted. He's a good coach, but Stitt wasn't. Next year is trouble me thinks.

Just as I thought. You don't have a post, let alone multiple posts of mine. Why would you have to look for posts of mine, if you already had screen shots of the, which is what you said. You are a liar.

Loser, loser. Consider yourself run out of the gym. You have never had any credibility on egriz, and now you have less.

ABQCat said:
PlayerRep said:
ABQCat said:
PlayerRep said:

I think I can speak for us all when I say that I am super intersted in your predictions list/new prediction thread featuring easy access . . . which you will start . . . when convenient for you. It's going to change everything. We should probably tell Beyonce.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back