• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Busy June 15th for the Griz man

Mslacat

June 15th is the first day D-1 men's coaches can start actively recruiting (phoning, texting, have in for official visits) 2018-19 players. The Griz started out with a bang. It appears they got their first commit Combo guard Josh Vazquez. Last night and this morning on my Twitter feed I retweeted 5-6 (there may be a duplicate or two) additional players (as announced by their coaches) that the Griz coaching staff contacted yesterday. I do not know which have been offered or just being recruited at this point, but expect a few more to possibly trickle in today. Looks like the Griz coaches tried to make a big splash on the first recruiting day and it paid dividends.

Mslacat said:
June 15th is the first day D-1 men's coaches can start actively recruiting (phoning, texting, have in for official visits) 2018-19 players. The Griz started out with a bang. It appears they got their first commit Combo guard Josh Vazquez. Last night and this morning on my Twitter feed I retweeted 5-6 (there may be a duplicate or two) additional players (as announced by their coaches) that the Griz coaching staff contacted yesterday. I do not know which have been offered or just being recruited at this point, but expect a few more to possibly trickle in today. Looks like the Griz coaches tried to make a big splash on the first recruiting day and it paid dividends.

I follow a few different things on Twitter and was surprised at how much happened on Wednesday. I wonder if that is a regular occurrence and because of social media, we are able to see it more.

I don't know if this has been posted elsewhere, but it also appears Travis is taking steps trying to improve attendance. My assistant in my office is not a basketball or Griz fan, but she took a message for me yesterday stating that "Michael from the team called," wanted to thank me for my support for the 2017-2018 team, stated he was excited for next season and hoped would be renewing our season tickets, and wanted to remind me that if we renewed by June 29 we would get them at last year's prices.

I've had season tickets for both BB and FB for close to 30 years now, and I don't remember ever getting a call like this in the past. In any event I thought it was kind of cool that UM (Travis?) was taking these steps to maintain/increase attendance.

br fan said:
I don't know if this has been posted elsewhere, but it also appears Travis is taking steps trying to improve attendance. My assistant in my office is not a basketball or Griz fan, but she took a message for me yesterday stating that "Michael from the team called," wanted to thank me for my support for the 2017-2018 team, stated he was excited for next season and hoped would be renewing our season tickets, and wanted to remind me that if we renewed by June 29 we would get them at last year's prices.

I've had season tickets for both BB and FB for close to 30 years now, and I don't remember ever getting a call like this in the past. In any event I thought it was kind of cool that UM (Travis?) was taking these steps to maintain/increase attendance.

I think Travis has been taking a lot of steps since he arrived on campus, his student outreach was better than Tinkle's when he arrived but I'm glad to here that he's continuing to hustle and encourage tournament. I think the university as a whole has done a better job in fan outreach on the men's basketball side.

Mslacat said:
GrizWhiz said:
Do you mean the 2019-2020 season? :)
Yea I am trying to forget 2017-18 season existed

If I'm not mistaken, the games stand at 149 for The Griz and 148 for the the boobkats; the first time ever that The Griz have at the winning record in the history of the rivalry?

Back