• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Jensen

Bearcountry92

Any idea where he is going to end up playing? I was looking forward to watching him develop in the UM program. Kinda curious if any of the “in crowd” knows anything about where we can expect to see him play.

Bearcountry92 said:
Any idea where he is going to end up playing? I was looking forward to watching him develop in the UM program. Kinda curious if any of the “in crowd” knows anything about where we can expect to see him play.

PR threw out WSU on one thread, don’t know which one though .

catsack said:
Bearcountry92 said:

PR threw out WSU on one thread, don’t know which one though .

Meangrizzness says he quit.

IF GJ wanted everybody to know where he was going(and IF he knew), he would tweet it, as he is a tweeter. Consider the source of this 'insider information.' Never any sources cited. Fake news, Montana style. Patience.

statler & waldorf said:
IF GJ wanted everybody to know where he was going(and IF he knew), he would tweet it, as he is a tweeter. Consider the source of this 'insider information.' Never any sources cited. Fake news, Montana style. Patience.

Consider that Statler has no information and has never shown that he knows much about football or Griz football. I don't pretend to know what Jensen is doing, but I do know what he has discussed one of his good friends.

I've heard that Coach Stitt wouldn't mind him coming to Oklahoma state but I don't know how much truth there is to that

HookedonGriz said:
I've heard that Coach Stitt wouldn't mind him coming to Oklahoma state but I don't know how much truth there is to that

Somebody said Montana State was interested but you can take it for what it’s worth.

alabamagrizzly said:
HookedonGriz said:

Somebody said Montana State was interested but you can take it for what it’s worth.

I'm sure entire Big Sky is interested, but the releases make a lot of stipulations....Main one being they are not allowed to transfer to another Big Sky school. I'm positive this stated that as well.

statler & waldorf said:

As much as I do agree that he would put something on social media if he wanted every one to know, I don’t have a twitter page and don’t plan on having one just to see where a player is going. If he did quit like the one person said then that’s that. A damn shame if it is the case but it is what he decided. And I am tired of exercising patience, since I’m grouped in with the millennial, which I hate being grouped in, I want to know yesterday. But I guess patience is going to be required here

My guess is he waits a little bit longer to see if the NCAA changes the transfer rules, which many believe they are going to do. In that case he could stay Div. 1 and not have to sit a year.

Bearcountry, the millennials will be the death of this country. Come to think of it, the same thing was said of my generation. :roll: They may have been right. :?
Topey, your post makes sense. As I remember, someone mention this possibility somewhere since his announcement. No unverifiable sources, just logic. Well done, Mr. Spock!

"In 2018 or so, the NCAA might make some changes.

Some of the decision-makers in the NCAA’s big bureaucracy are pushing to allow players who reach a GPA benchmark to transfer without having to sit. The “academic exception,” as the NCAA calls it, would take effect in 2019-20. The NCAA has also kicked around an exception for players whose head coaches leave for other jobs.

Neither alteration would fundamentally change college sports. The academic exception would shift a small bit of power from coaches to players. It might lead to an increase in roster turnover. But teams are still bound by NCAA scholarship limits, and many (especially in major football and basketball) are now offering predominantly four-year scholarship deals that limit their flexibility to get into outright free agency.
All blanket transfer restrictions are bad.

The NCAA can’t know better than players and their families when it’s right for a player to leave a program.

The best thing to do would be to gut these rules altogether. That won’t happen any time soon, so reform advocates might have to take this little bit and be happy."

https://www.sbnation.com/college-football/2018/5/9/17311748/ncaa-transfer-rules-change-guide-list-sit-out

Bearcountry92 said:
statler & waldorf said:

As much as I do agree that he would put something on social media if he wanted every one to know, I don’t have a twitter page and don’t plan on having one just to see where a player is going. If he did quit like the one person said then that’s that. A damn shame if it is the case but it is what he decided. And I am tired of exercising patience, since I’m grouped in with the millennial, which I hate being grouped in, I want to know yesterday. But I guess patience is going to be required here

Being a RMC fan will teach you patience over the decades. It did me.

[/quote]

That’s no lie there bud. Liked where that program was heading until choate sabotaged it and took Armstrong away.

Bearcountry92 said:
That’s no lie there bud. Liked where that program was heading until choate sabotaged it and took Armstrong away.[/quote]
They had no problem replacing him.

HookedonGriz said:
Is there a coach named Stitt? The Stitt at OSU is an advisor, not a coach. He does not call a lot of shots.

Igotgoodsources said:
He has a better chance of beating Sneed out for the starter job still than he does playing at WSU.

The WSU that they were referring too was Weber State. That wouldn't happen with BSC transfer and i doubt he actually wants to go to weber state. Anyways he should go juco then back up if he wants a real shot

Back