• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Tyler Hall Decision....

HookedonGriz

DONOR
I find it interesting that Tyler Hall hasn't pulled his name out of the hat or announced his decision, yet. The deadline is tonight at midnight EST. Makes me think he may not be coming back to Cats?

On Bobcat hoops, Mslacat (the wonderful, all-knowing Mslacat) reports that he has announced that he will be back to Bozeman for the season.

Hope things work out well for him - he is a very special athlete.

Saw he just withdrew from draft. He does have grad transfer ability should he choose to go to another school.

Bigger question.....how do these guys meet school requirements? For example, Hall (and I'm guessing Rorie as well) has been gone from school for months now at these NBA training camps. Do they do all their schooling via remote learning at that point or what?

717s7e said:
On Bobcat hoops, Mslacat (the wonderful, all-knowing Mslacat) reports that he has announced that he will be back to Bozeman for the season.

Disagree. He is above average and not a team player.

HookedonGriz said:
Saw he just withdrew from draft. He does have grad transfer ability should he choose to go to another school.

Bigger question.....how do these guys meet school requirements? For example, Hall (and I'm guessing Rorie as well) has been gone from school for months now at these NBA training camps. Do they do all their schooling via remote learning at that point or what?

This is a fallacy perpetuated by Twitter today...Tyler Hall does not have the ability to grad transfer as of right now. He is on track to graduate next spring but would have to do some serious work before that if he were to grad transfer leading up to fall semester.

Hall has been taking online classes for at least two and perhaps as many as three semesters. I imagine Rorie might be doing the same thing.

Here is something on Tyler Hall on 406mtspots:

http://406mtsports.com/college/big-sky-conference/montana-state-university/tyler-hall-bucks-nba-draft-is-expected-to-return-to/article_6963c059-2d7e-5914-b614-61d5f76cd315.html

Colter_Nuanez56 said:
HookedonGriz said:

This is a fallacy perpetuated by Twitter today...Tyler Hall does not have the ability to grad transfer as of right now. He is on track to graduate next spring but would have to do some serious work before that if he were to grad transfer leading up to fall semester.

Hall has been taking online classes for at least two and perhaps as many as three semesters. I imagine Rorie might be doing the same thing.
I believe Rorie graduated this spring. :clap:

Colter_Nuanez56 said:
HookedonGriz said:

In the vast majority of Grad Transfers you will find the athlete has used a red shirt year either for developmental reasons or to meet a prior transfer requirement....That means that the athlete has attended college for 4 years even though he has only used 3 years of eligibility...many of those athletes who have attended school for 4 years, graduate and have a years eligibility left which they can use as a grad transfer and not have to sit out a season before playing....It really is fairly simple...If a player has attended college for 4 years and still has eligibility, he has a good chance of being a grad transfer if he has carried a full load of classes for those 4 years....I don't think Hall used a red shirt year so he is probably not going to graduate before next season starts which would be necessary for him to be a grad transfer next season...Rorie, on the other hand, used a red shirt year when he transferred to Montana from Oregon which gives him a much better chance to be a grad transfer if he wanted....There are a very rare few student athletes who through hard work and academic ability, graduate in only 3 years of classes which make them eligible also....

Paytonlives said:
717s7e said:

Disagree. He is above average and not a team player.

He obviously has talent, but I agree he is not a team player at all. He was a ball-hogging chucker in the games I've seen, and absolutely crapped down his leg in Missoula last year knowing there were NBA scouts there to watch him. That game alone had to sink any NBA hopes for this year. I've seen far better players than Hall in the Big Sky over the years that never played in the NBA-Orlando Lightfoot & Harold Arceneaux immediately jump to mind.

Hall withdraws from NBA Draft, returns to Montana State
https://skylinesportsmt.com/hall-withdraws-from-nba-draft-returns-to-montana-state/

Seriously though did Klines ever do a thing....ever? Most people, including those who follow big Sky hoops, would say "who is he" and "who did he play for". That one's interesting to me.

HookedonGriz said:
Seriously though did Klines ever do a thing....ever? Most people, including those who follow big Sky hoops, would say "who is he" and "who did he play for". That one's interesting to me.

This :lol: Seriously.. Big Sky actually had 5 or 6 dudes that could have a great chance for a serious look, but who is this dude??

HookedonGriz said:

I think Tyler did online classes while training for the draft in Chicago and as for maad I think he stuck around Missoula and graduated while just working on his game here.

Back