• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

2019 (3 Signed), 20 & 21 Recruiting 2 Verbals & 29 Offers

FYI
Don't expect any news/signings for either Basketball program for the next week. I am not sure why the NCAA did this from the May 7th to 13th coaches are not allowed ANY contact with recruits including on site visits, letters, email, from or to absolute contact black-out during these dates. So recruiting does a 100% shut down for a week and then the coaches have to fire it up again before the end of the signing period on the 16th of May.

Mslacat said:
FYI
Don't expect any news/signings for either Basketball program for the next week. I am not sure why the NCAA did this from the May 7th to 13th coaches are not allowed ANY contact with recruits including on site visits, letters, email, from or to absolute contact black-out during these dates. So recruiting does a 100% shut down for a week and then the coaches have to fire it up again before the end of the signing period on the 16th of May.

So are you saying Frank Gogola is a liar for tweeting that Kendal will make an official visit to UM "later this week"?

Chris Seeley Transferred from Utah 2016 (RS FR)PF 6-8 215 is someone we recruited and hasn't found a landing spot yet.
Michael 'M.J.' Cage, Jr. 2016 (RS FR) C 6-9 210 left Oregon. Get Rorie on the phone!
Austin McCullough 2017 (FR) SG 6-5 185 left Cal. He is from Alabama so could be heading closer to home.

maroonandsilver said:
Mslacat said:
FYI

So are you saying Frank Gogola is a liar for tweeting that Kendal will make an official visit to UM "later this week"?

Anonymous sources bro. At least I can stop checking egriz every 15 minutes for a week. Might push it to an hourly check up.

maroonandsilver said:
Mslacat said:
FYI

Jesus you guy's are paranoid here! My posts had nothing to do with any other post in this thread specifically just an overall comment on the topic. You did make me go back and check my sorces and we right now are in a "Recruiting Shutdown" period as defined below:

13.02.5.6 Recruiting Shutdown. A recruiting shutdown is a period of time when no form of recruiting (e.g., contacts, evaluations, official or unofficial visits, correspondence or making or receiving telephone calls) is permissible. (Adopted: 4/25/18)

It goes from May 7th-13th, but it only effects Women's basketball (my error) for some reason. Looking over the Men's calander they have no "Recruiting Shut Down" the women have two.

Women's Calander
http://www.ncaa.org/sites/default/f...en'sBasketballRecruitingCalendar_04272018.pdf

Men's Calander
http://www.ncaa.org/sites/default/files/2017-18DIREC_MensBasketballRecruitingCalendar_20170619.pdf

Mslacat said:
maroonandsilver said:
Mslacat said:
FYI

Jesus you guy's are paranoid here! My posts had nothing to do with any other post in this thread specifically just an overall comment on the topic. You did make me go back and check my sorces and we right now are in a "Recruiting Shutdown" period as defined below:

13.02.5.6 Recruiting Shutdown. A recruiting shutdown is a period of time when no form of recruiting (e.g., contacts, evaluations, official or unofficial visits, correspondence or making or receiving telephone calls) is permissible. (Adopted: 4/25/18)

It goes from May 7th-13th, but it only effects Women's basketball (my error) for some reason. Looking over the Men's calander they have no "Recruiting Shut Down" the women have two.

Women's Calander
http://www.ncaa.org/sites/default/f...en'sBasketballRecruitingCalendar_04272018.pdf

Men's Calander
http://www.ncaa.org/sites/default/files/2017-18DIREC_MensBasketballRecruitingCalendar_20170619.pdf

I don't think anyone was paranoid at all. You made a comment that there is no recruiting from May 7-13. There was a tweet from a respected sports writer in the know that stated Kendall was going to visit UM this week. Your claim of a shutdown obviously confused many of us so someome asked the question if Gogola was wrong. You then researched further and found out you were wrong....again. No big deal and we like your postings here but I think the only one who overreacted was you.

Will have to sit next year and is eligible for a medical hardship.

So sit one year and hopefully play 2 years.

I'll throw a name in the ring just for fun. Jack Martin 6' 8" 225 lb forward from cal poly by way of Minnesota. Originally from Bothell high in Seattle.

Might have a inline to the 7 footer from CA.
Timmy Falls and Jacob Hughes El Dorado High (Placentia, CA) were on the same AAU Team!

http://norcalbasketball.blogspot.com/2016/04/the-team-arsenal-17u-black-roster.html

Could a delay in announcements be the fault of GoGriz.com (or the coach)? Shannon said her latest recruit visited on April 16 and signed "shortly" thereafter. If so, it took almost a month for the U to make the announcement. Not the way to keep the fans interested.

Paytonlives said:
Timmy Falls and Jacob Hughes El Dorado High (Placentia, CA) were on the same AAU Team!

http://norcalbasketball.blogspot.com/2016/04/the-team-arsenal-17u-black-roster.html

Man the Griz recruited a lot of the guys off that team. A whole bunch of them went on to play D1.

flatheadgriz406 said:
Paytonlives said:

Man the Griz recruited a lot of the guys off that team. A whole bunch of them went on to play D1.

I saw that too...

Back