• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Reservation kids

Zirg said:
mtgrizrule said:
Zirg said:
George Ferguson said:
Mike is ANYTHING but a flake. While I don't think Um needs a N/A liason, Mike is a great guy and is highly respected all across the state of Montana. He is NOT a flake or unreliable. That's just plain stupidity.

Well he missed a team flight once and had several alcohol issues (open container and DUI) and was suspended or ineligible half the time during his Griz tenure. Call it what you want, but those qualify as "flaky" in my book.

How many years ago were those incidents? Did he not overcome his vises and accomplish a lot, despite his personal demons and struggles? He seems to have move on with a good life since. Speaking of moving on, can we move on too, and do our best to support our GRIZ? Once a GRIZ, always a GRIZ!!!

I am more than willing to believe that he learned from his many personal trevails as a Griz and college student and maybe he does have valuable insight to help kids in the same boat. But if we are just gonna bury our heads about his troubled time as a Griz and beat up anyone who points that out, that doesn't seem beneficial. If he is straightened out now and can offer a "cautionary tale" to a young Native that may very-well be a good thing, and his whole value will be in telling kids "don't do what I did".

Personally, Im offended but evidently you don't care or you wouldn't post this stuff.

Here's a clue for you. Look at the first two draft picks the Patriots used this year. They were not just teammates in college but they were roommates. Butte has always used the buddy system. The military uses a buddy system. Being a role model and coming from the background some of these kids come from is difficult. Your blatant racism is disgusting.

CatGrad-UMGradStu said:
Zirg said:
mtgrizrule said:
Zirg said:
Well he missed a team flight once and had several alcohol issues (open container and DUI) and was suspended or ineligible half the time during his Griz tenure. Call it what you want, but those qualify as "flaky" in my book.

How many years ago were those incidents? Did he not overcome his vises and accomplish a lot, despite his personal demons and struggles? He seems to have move on with a good life since. Speaking of moving on, can we move on too, and do our best to support our GRIZ? Once a GRIZ, always a GRIZ!!!

I am more than willing to believe that he learned from his many personal trevails as a Griz and college student and maybe he does have valuable insight to help kids in the same boat. But if we are just gonna bury our heads about his troubled time as a Griz and beat up anyone who points that out, that doesn't seem beneficial. If he is straightened out now and can offer a "cautionary tale" to a young Native that may very-well be a good thing, and his whole value will be in telling kids "don't do what I did".

Personally, Im offended but evidently you don't care or you wouldn't post this stuff.

Here's a clue for you. Look at the first two draft picks the Patriots used this year. They were not just teammates in college but they were roommates. Butte has always used the buddy system. The military uses a buddy system. Being a role model and coming from the background some of these kids come from is difficult. Your blatant racism is disgusting.

Why don't you get after the shit Criswell did? Or are you Criswell?

Back