• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

2019 (3 Signed), 20 & 21 Recruiting 2 Verbals & 29 Offers

flatheadgriz406 said:
It's official.
[tweet]https://twitter.com/Coach_Holmquist/status/928368748184059904[/tweet]

NICE! and holy crap...I know Wes Holmquist. Haven't spoken to him in years. Had no idea he was the coach at Bozeman until saw we were recruiting this kid. Crazy. Keep sending the good ones to Missoula Wes!

MtTarheel said:
Mslacat said:
Wes thinks Anderson will be equal or better than Huestis

That's saying a lot right there.

DAMN, Anderson much be a really late bloomer. What are realistic expectations for him this season, as a SR? I have not seen him play.

mtgrizrule said:
MtTarheel said:
Mslacat said:

DAMN, Anderson much be a really late bloomer. What are realistic expectations for him this season, as a SR? I have not seen him play.

Definitely a late bloomer. The word is potential here. He has little production to go off. He had a huge growth spurt the last year or so is what I read so a 6’4” wing with some handles becomes a lot more appealing when he grows to 6’8”. He did well this summer in AAU with an increased role. I’d expect him to be more dominant for Bozeman this year and we should hope for that. I think we might have got a steal here because he is in Montana.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dayday said:
mtgrizrule said:
MtTarheel said:
Mslacat said:

Definitely a late bloomer. The word is potential here. He has little production to go off. He had a huge growth spurt the last year or so is what I read so a 6’4” wing with some handles becomes a lot more appealing when he grows to 6’8”. He did well this summer in AAU with an increased role. I’d expect him to be more dominant for Bozeman this year and we should hope for that. I think we might have got a steal here because he is in Montana.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

[tweet]https://twitter.com/MontanaGrizBB/status/928696555024015360[/tweet]

AZDoc said:
flatheadgriz406 said:
It's official.

NICE! and holy crap...I know Wes Holmquist. Haven't spoken to him in years. Had no idea he was the coach at Bozeman until saw we were recruiting this kid. Crazy. Keep sending the good ones to Missoula Wes!

Did Wes grow up in Big Sandy?

go96griz said:
AZDoc said:
flatheadgriz406 said:
It's official.

I think so...been a long time. He had family in lewistown so we played baseball together. I also played on teams with his older brother.

AZDoc said:
go96griz said:
AZDoc said:
flatheadgriz406 said:
It's official.

I think so...been a long time. He had family in lewistown so we played baseball together. I also played on teams with his older brother.

Older brother Brett?

go96griz said:
AZDoc said:
go96griz said:
AZDoc said:

Older brother Brett?

Haha yessir. You must be in the know. Cool dudes both of them

AZDoc said:
go96griz said:
AZDoc said:
go96griz said:

Older brother Brett?

Haha yessir. You must be in the know. Cool dudes both of them

Played a lot of baseball against Brett growing up. He was a good dude.

You are all correct. Their dad Stan was an outstanding football and basketball player for Lewistown and then Rocky. They lived in Big Sandy for several years before moving on to Bozeman. Wes has built an outstanding program at Bozeman High and should be in contention for the title again this year. Brett lives in the Bigfork area and is the director of the non-profit Ravenwood. To learn more about Ravenwood go to their website because I'll just screw it up but basically an outdoor science and learning center for young school children to teach them outdoor skills and an appreciation for the environment. Both Brett and Wes are outstanding young men.
FWIF Stan and I were roommates in college in Missoula in the middle 60's and i introduced him to his lovely wife Jan. They are both retired and living in Bozeman.

You are all correct. Their dad Stan was an outstanding football and basketball player for Lewistown and then Rocky. They lived in Big Sandy for several years before moving on to Bozeman. Wes has built an outstanding program at Bozeman High and should be in contention for the title again this year. Brett lives in the Bigfork area and is the director of the non-profit Ravenwood. To learn more about Ravenwood go to their website because I'll just screw it up but basically an outdoor science and learning center for young school children to teach them outdoor skills and an appreciation for the environment. Both Brett and Wes are outstanding young men.
FWIF Stan and I were roommates in college in Missoula in the middle 60's and i introduced him to his lovely wife Jan. They are both retired and living in Bozeman.

Another player to pay attention to is Jaden Graham in Lewistown. He is going into his Junior year and had some success with summer ball.

Coach flo is out doing work before the UCLA game.
Looks like Isaiah has a offer from Howard.
[tweet]https://twitter.com/Compton_Magic/status/933463431289511936[/tweet]

Back