• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Griz soccer 2017

AZDoc said:
alabamagrizzly said:
cmtgrizzly said:
Made the game on Sunday. They looked good. Burton will be a star for sure. Alexa looked pretty good as well. If she were a bit faster she would be really tough to stop. Center defender played very well. They could be real contender and maybe dominant in the Big Sky if Plakorus can get consistency from them.
They seem to be a better team this year. Move the ball real well when attacking. They've always been good on the defensive end but this years team seems to have an offensive edge they ain't had in a while. Our biggest offensive threat has yet to hit the net and yet we're 3-1 and still scoring goals. That says a lot.

Glad they are moving the ball. Against boise they absolutely did not the first half. I'm excited to see them play well

Maybe they can have success to rival what the softball team had last year

cmtgrizzly said:
AZDoc said:
alabamagrizzly said:
cmtgrizzly said:
Made the game on Sunday. They looked good. Burton will be a star for sure. Alexa looked pretty good as well. If she were a bit faster she would be really tough to stop. Center defender played very well. They could be real contender and maybe dominant in the Big Sky if Plakorus can get consistency from them.
They seem to be a better team this year. Move the ball real well when attacking. They've always been good on the defensive end but this years team seems to have an offensive edge they ain't had in a while. Our biggest offensive threat has yet to hit the net and yet we're 3-1 and still scoring goals. That says a lot.

Glad they are moving the ball. Against boise they absolutely did not the first half. I'm excited to see them play well

Maybe they can have success to rival what the softball team had last year

It wouldn't be unprecedented. Montana's been to the national tourney 3 times going 1-3. Most recent was 2011 when we faced Stanford and lost 3-0. They would go on to win the championship. Our 1st trip was in '99 where we lost to Texas A&M 2-1. In 2000 was our best showing beating Washington St 1-0 but we then lost to Washington in the next round 5-0.

Nice write up with lots of info for this weekend's soccer games on Go Griz. Sounds like Howard had a pretty nasty gash on her leg from a cleat I would assume. Had to have 10 stitches, good news is it does not sound it was any type of knee injury. Did not say if she was available for the this weekend's games.

http://www.gogriz.com/news/2017/8/30/soccer-um-looks-to-keep-momentum-rolling.aspx

84GRIZ said:
Nice write up with lots of info for this weekend's soccer games on Go Griz. Sounds like Howard had a pretty nasty gash on her leg from a cleat I would assume. Had to have 10 stitches, good news is it does not sound it was any type of knee injury. Did not say if she was available for the this weekend's games.

http://www.gogriz.com/news/2017/8/30/soccer-um-looks-to-keep-momentum-rolling.aspx

That's good news about Howard. I was kinda guessing that's what it was the way the ref called the trainers over immediately and that the other girl has an apparent ankle injury. You always are concerned with knees though and they had hers wrapped up pretty good when she walked off with support.

UNI just a little faster and playing just a little better than we are and overall are in control of the game. Really windy. Going against wind this half

Griz win 2 to 1. Lot's of freshmen contributing. Now they have a 20 hour bus ride home, ouch.

That's a big win for the Griz. UNI was 6-0 and had not allowed a goal all year. After two real tuff 1-0 losses to two good BIG10 schools including nationally ranked Nebraska, this was a great confidence booster heading into our match up against Oregon next week. The Fr are beginning to lead this team. Go Griz!

alabamagrizzly said:
That's a big win for the Griz. UNI was 6-0 and had not allowed a goal all year. After two real tuff 1-0 losses to two good BIG10 schools including nationally ranked Nebraska, this was a great confidence booster heading into our match up against Oregon next week. The Fr are beginning to lead this team. Go Griz!

I've been following...haven't forgotten. Been helping coach my 11 year old's soccer team and busy at night. Really impressed with these girls thus far. Loved watching them live in Boise and will get to some of the streamed games as the season goes on. Thanks for keeping us updated!

cmtgrizzly said:
Ouch! 24 shots no goals.

Last week vs SUU was the same. 19-3 advantage in shots with a 7-0 in sog and only one found the back of the net. This is one of the best attacking teams in recent years though. Will get more wins then losses and hopefully we'll win the important ones.

Didnt get to watch much of the game today against Weebs. Was hoping we would win. We played well through OOC schedule and hung with some good teams. Felt like we should have had the ability to dominate the Big Sky. Its early, maybe we still will, but really have to find a way to score more efficiently than we have the last two games and a really good team should be able to score 2 goals regularly against its conference peers. Maybe just an inefficient weekend and will be an aberration.

alabamagrizzly said:
cmtgrizzly said:
Ouch! 24 shots no goals.

Last week vs SUU was the same. 19-3 advantage in shots with a 7-0 in sog and only one found the back of the net. This is one of the best attacking teams in recent years though. Will get more wins then losses and hopefully we'll win the important ones.

I'm a believer in the shots will eventually find the net. Can't score without getting the ball on goal. Eventually they will be more quality shots and not just a dribbler the keeper grabs. Still nice to see aggressiveness and with the defense what it is, 2 goals will win many games in the Big Sky. Lets hope they start finding the back of the net.

Dang! Missed Nau goal. Stepped out of the room. Come on Griz! Gonna have to find a way to score today. Cant just shoot have to finish. Need 2-3 today

Back