New recruit

Grizzly Basketball and Big Sky Conference Hoops
User avatar
twentythreeOh4
2nd String
Posts: 707
Joined: Fri May 02, 2003 8:26 pm

New recruit

Post by twentythreeOh4 » Mon Sep 04, 2017 8:06 pm

Per Kyle Sample on twitter:

Griz get a really good one from Bozeman. Anderson also had offers from MSU and Air Force https://twitter.com/mack_anderson11/sta ... 1657531393

https://twitter.com/kyle_sample/status/ ... 9395477507

mtgrizrule
Hall of Fame
Posts: 18555
Joined: Thu Aug 10, 2006 2:41 pm
I am a fan of: DA GRIZ
Location: Missoula/Denver

Re: New recruit

Post by mtgrizrule » Mon Sep 04, 2017 9:18 pm

Sweet, welcome to GRIZ NATION, Mack.
Thank you all. God Bless every soldier fighting for our country!!!!
Health issues, major and minor...increase the productivity of your NRF1 and NRF2. Here is my business website to see the products. http://rbidwell.lifevantage.com/

User avatar
grizzlyjournal
Starter
Posts: 1313
Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2010 6:54 pm
I am a fan of: UM
Location: Missoula

Re: New recruit

Post by grizzlyjournal » Mon Sep 04, 2017 10:39 pm

Welcom to Griz Nation, Mack!

flatheadgriz406
4th String
Posts: 70
Joined: Wed Oct 26, 2016 7:01 am
I am a fan of: Griz

Re: New recruit

Post by flatheadgriz406 » Tue Sep 05, 2017 8:13 am

Kids a little bounce to him. Will be fun to watch his progress this year.

flatheadgriz406
4th String
Posts: 70
Joined: Wed Oct 26, 2016 7:01 am
I am a fan of: Griz

Re: New recruit

Post by flatheadgriz406 » Tue Sep 05, 2017 8:18 am

Here is one from this summer with Montana Elite

User avatar
62GRIZ
Starter
Posts: 1552
Joined: Wed Oct 16, 2002 7:58 pm
Location: SWAN RANGE EAST OF KALISPELL

Re: New recruit

Post by 62GRIZ » Tue Sep 05, 2017 9:48 am

Dang me - I want that guy on MY team!!!

MtTarheel
3rd String
Posts: 418
Joined: Mon Feb 22, 2010 6:00 pm
I am a fan of: North Carolina

Re: New recruit

Post by MtTarheel » Tue Sep 05, 2017 12:33 pm

Great news, now let's go get Naseem Gaskin and figure the rest out later! GO GRIZ!

Colter_Nuanez56
2nd String
Posts: 661
Joined: Fri Sep 23, 2016 11:31 am
I am a fan of: Big Sky Conference
Location: skylinesportsmt.com
Contact:

Re: New recruit

Post by Colter_Nuanez56 » Tue Sep 05, 2017 1:47 pm

New from Kyle Sample:

Bozeman’s Anderson commits to Griz basketball
http://skylinesportsmt.com/bozemans-and ... o-montana/

User avatar
Jaredkuehn
2nd String
Posts: 616
Joined: Fri Nov 07, 2008 7:38 pm

Re: New recruit

Post by Jaredkuehn » Fri Sep 08, 2017 11:04 am

Looks like a great get! The fact that he's coming out of the Bobcat's back yard is like the cherry on top. Welcome to Missoula Mack!

citay
Starter
Posts: 1366
Joined: Sat Mar 06, 2010 5:07 pm
I am a fan of: montana

Re: New recruit

Post by citay » Tue Sep 12, 2017 4:57 pm

Any word on Naseem Gaskin?

flatheadgriz406
4th String
Posts: 70
Joined: Wed Oct 26, 2016 7:01 am
I am a fan of: Griz

Re: New recruit

Post by flatheadgriz406 » Tue Sep 12, 2017 5:08 pm

Just saw this. Fingers crossed.

flatheadgriz406
4th String
Posts: 70
Joined: Wed Oct 26, 2016 7:01 am
I am a fan of: Griz

Re: New recruit

Post by flatheadgriz406 » Tue Sep 12, 2017 5:09 pm

He had 13 offers including PSU and Weber in our conference.

User avatar
grizzlyjournal
Starter
Posts: 1313
Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2010 6:54 pm
I am a fan of: UM
Location: Missoula

Re: New recruit

Post by grizzlyjournal » Tue Sep 12, 2017 6:21 pm

Normally, with the Griz going up against a field that includes a PAC 12 offer, I'd consider the odds too high. But there have been some hints of late that give me a touch of optimism on this young Hooper. Go Griz!

User avatar
PeauxRouge
Second Team All Conference
Posts: 6823
Joined: Sat Sep 30, 2006 11:14 pm

Re: New recruit

Post by PeauxRouge » Tue Sep 12, 2017 9:21 pm

grizzlyjournal wrote:
Tue Sep 12, 2017 6:21 pm
Normally, with the Griz going up against a field that includes a PAC 12 offer, I'd consider the odds too high. But there have been some hints of late that give me a touch of optimism on this young Hooper. Go Griz!
I guess we will know tomorrow!
Image

astutegriz
Walk On
Posts: 45
Joined: Sun Dec 09, 2012 8:44 pm
I am a fan of: UM

Re: New recruit

Post by astutegriz » Wed Sep 13, 2017 4:04 pm

PeauxRouge wrote:
Tue Sep 12, 2017 9:21 pm
grizzlyjournal wrote:
Tue Sep 12, 2017 6:21 pm
Normally, with the Griz going up against a field that includes a PAC 12 offer, I'd consider the odds too high. But there have been some hints of late that give me a touch of optimism on this young Hooper. Go Griz!
I guess we will know tomorrow!
Chose Utah. Bummer.

User avatar
grizzlyjournal
Starter
Posts: 1313
Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2010 6:54 pm
I am a fan of: UM
Location: Missoula

Re: New recruit

Post by grizzlyjournal » Wed Sep 13, 2017 4:06 pm

Naseem Gaskin commited to Utah.

citay
Starter
Posts: 1366
Joined: Sat Mar 06, 2010 5:07 pm
I am a fan of: montana

Re: New recruit

Post by citay » Wed Sep 13, 2017 4:32 pm

I have one firm rule in life, borne out so often I'm absolutely convinced of it: You always get a second chance. Not with Naseem, obviously, but with that scholarship. Just watch.

maroonandsilver
eGriz Supporter
Posts: 1220
Joined: Wed Dec 16, 2009 4:25 am
I am a fan of: montana

Re: New recruit

Post by maroonandsilver » Thu Sep 14, 2017 1:43 pm

citay wrote:
Wed Sep 13, 2017 4:32 pm
I have one firm rule in life, borne out so often I'm absolutely convinced of it: You always get a second chance. Not with Naseem, obviously, but with that scholarship. Just watch.
And what scholarship is that? We have 15 guys on the current roster. Only 13 scholarships are given.
Spoja and Jones are walk-ons. We lose only Kryslovic after the 2017-18 season. His scholarship is going to Mack Anderson. Who else is on the current roster is non-scholarship, or who is leaving in order to free up a scholarship?

citay
Starter
Posts: 1366
Joined: Sat Mar 06, 2010 5:07 pm
I am a fan of: montana

Re: New recruit

Post by citay » Thu Sep 14, 2017 2:08 pm

maroonandsilver wrote:
Thu Sep 14, 2017 1:43 pm
citay wrote:
Wed Sep 13, 2017 4:32 pm
I have one firm rule in life, borne out so often I'm absolutely convinced of it: You always get a second chance. Not with Naseem, obviously, but with that scholarship. Just watch.
And what scholarship is that? We have 15 guys on the current roster. Only 13 scholarships are given.
Spoja and Jones are walk-ons. We lose only Kryslovic after the 2017-18 season. His scholarship is going to Mack Anderson. Who else is on the current roster is non-scholarship, or who is leaving in order to free up a scholarship?
Good question. I was wondering that myself. This staff is great for getting on players early. I'm sure that was the case with Gaskin, whereas my impression is that Mack Anderson was a late-blooming, last-minute surprise that suddenly landed in our laps. Odd situation, so I'm not sure what they had in mind, had Gaskin committed.

Still, somewhere, somehow, the Gaskin scholarship is one that will go somewhere else, eventually. Given this staff's ability to recruit, I'm sure we're gonna get a good player in his stead.

User avatar
GrizWhiz
Starter
Posts: 3164
Joined: Mon Apr 01, 2002 5:00 pm

Re: New recruit

Post by GrizWhiz » Thu Sep 14, 2017 2:30 pm

When is the last time the Griz did not have at least one scholarship player leave the program before their senior year?

Post Reply