• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Kupp takes little time to get noticed.

Silvertip

One for one on a pass for a first down then grabs a fumbled pass in the end zone for a TD...in the first 5 minutes of the game...

Only rated a 74 on Madden 2018. It'll change by next year! Saw an article of ratings of each team when I was looking at those highlites. Brought back memories...as I played the original john madden football a crap ton of years ago. Here's to increasing his madden value for 2018! :party:

Whatever show I'm listening to on ESPN radio someone just called Kupp as a sleeper pick for fantasy football tgis season.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

EWU is sooooo underrating how much they will miss him this year. Me? Not so much. I do hope he tears up the NFL though.

daGrizJ said:
EWU is sooooo underrating how much they will miss him this year. Me? Not so much. I do hope he tears up the NFL though.
Agreed.....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

daGrizJ said:

Yes...yes they are. Best FCS receiver ever and yet they keep insisting "the backups are better"...where have we heard that before? :lol:

AZGrizFan said:
daGrizJ said:

Yes...yes they are. Best FCS receiver ever and yet they keep insisting "the backups are better"...where have we heard that before? :lol:

Seems like a lot of wishful thinking on egriz these days.

AZGrizFan said:
daGrizJ said:

I think they will def miss him...but in my experience..EWU always has 4-5 receivers that you just ask yourself where the hell they came from.

AZGrizFan said:
daGrizJ said:

OH OH OH!!! I know the answer!! Is it us, you know, the Bobcats? is it? I bet it is...

FYI I watched our scrimmage on Ssaturday...And lets just say...our starting QB isn't even the best QB on the team... ;)

GoldenEagle said:
AZGrizFan said:
daGrizJ said:

I think the only really "wishful thinking" in this thread consists of people wishing Kupp a lot of success in the NFL. He's earned the respect of Griz fans.

brewskis said:
daGrizJ said:
Agreed.....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

KUPP is easterns best player of all time, impossible to replace! But...when kupp went down for the 2nd half of the ndsu game and didn't play against UNI his backup came in and had 15 grabs for 220+ and a couple of scores. Even with the loss of easterns three big receivers, they will be loaded at that position.

And how about Kendrick bourne in week one for the Niners, hell of a debut

Going to have a good year.

http://www.spokesman.com/stories/2017/aug/22/hype-continues-to-grow-for-los-angeles-rams-rookie/

Cooper Kupp fans can stop complaining that he’s underappreciated by the rest of the world.

After two standout preseason games with the Los Angeles Rams, the former Eastern Washington wide receiver is getting all kinds of love from teammates and the national media.

In fact, he belongs on your fantasy team, said Peter Schrager, senior national writer for FoxSports.com.

Schrager made some noise this week by predicting that Kupp will go off for 100 receptions this year.

Schrager didn’t offer a lot to back that up apart from Kupp’s big numbers at Eastern Washington, his chemistry with Rams quarterback Jared Goff and Schrager’s gut feeling.

“I’m doubling down on Cooper Kupp,” he said.

Of the 24 wide receivers with at least nine passes thrown their way in exhibition play, none has a higher rating (the passer rating for quarterbacks throwing to that receiver) than Kupp.

It’s a small sample size, but Kupp’s rating is 143.8 following his six-catch, 70-yard outing last week against the Oakland Raiders.

Kupp also ranks second in yards per route run, at 3.18, among wideouts who’ve played at least 30 snaps.

At least one of the Rams saw this coming – a former Montana player.

“I told him a week ago: Rookie of the Year. That should be his goal, in my mind,” cornerback Trumaine Johnson said on the team’s official website.

“I knew coming in he had great route running, he could come in right now and compete, and start,” said Johnson, a six-year NFL veteran who never faced Kupp in college.

Even with No. 1 receiver Sammy Watkins on the field, Kupp has often been Goff’s first look. He’s looked comfortable in tight coverage and finding space.

“He’s a great player,” Goff said after the Oakland game. “He made a couple really good catches, contested catches, that were big-time for us and moved the chains.”

Kupp’s expectations haven’t changed – they’ve always been high.

“I expect myself on the field to perform and to perform well,” he said this week as the Rams prepared for Saturday’s exhibition game against San Diego.

GoldenEagle said:
AZGrizFan said:
daGrizJ said:

Did you watch your scrimmage, bro? How's that QB gonna look on his ass all day without that starting right tackle?

AZGrizFan said:
GoldenEagle said:
AZGrizFan said:
daGrizJ said:

Did you watch your scrimmage, bro? How's that QB gonna look on his ass all day without that starting right tackle?

Thinking the first off-season scrimmage is indicative of the season-long success of a team is about as logical as using stadium size and forum membership as a gauge of the success of a team...

Back