• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Five Beers to Try Before I Die

Full Sail Amber, Full Sail Brewery
Terminator Stout, McMinamins Brewery
Black Butte Porter, Deschutes Brewery
Hefe, Widmier Brothers Brewery
Dead Guy Ale, Rogue Brewery

I had a tequila barrel aged barleywine from Upslope Brewing this weekend... good beer, kind of punches you in the face. Checks in at 14.5%...

MrTitleist said:
I had a tequila barrel aged barleywine from Upslope Brewing this weekend... good beer, kind of punches you in the face. Checks in at 14.5%...

I was in Missoula last week for the Elton John concert, made sure to drink some beer while I was there and did some shopping. The guy at Warden's was talking about that tequila beer and said he was excited to try it. I was already spending some coin and I'm not a tequila guy so I didn't add that to my mix. But now that I'm not about to spend over $100 on beer, I'm a little more curious about it. I did buy the peanut butter Upslope so I'm curious to try that.

I also stopped in at that homebrew store down from Draughtworks. I'm a little scared to try the IPA's that he recommended. I told him for my last stop I would either hit up Highlander or Imagination. He told me Imagination has the best IPA's in town. To each their own, but I tend to like IPA's that are hoppier than 40 IBU's. The Rye on tap at Kettlehouse right now is good. I'm glad I tried the one they make with Kumbutcha, but it's different. I like beer and Kumbutcha, but I guess not together. Liked everything I had at DW before the EJ concert. I can't think of what was the cask but it was tasty. Kind of a creamy IPA.

Allezchat said:
I also stopped in at that homebrew store down from Draughtworks. I'm a little scared to try the IPA's that he recommended. I told him for my last stop I would either hit up Highlander or Imagination. He told me Imagination has the best IPA's in town. To each their own, but I tend to like IPA's that are hoppier than 40 IBU's. The Rye on tap at Kettlehouse right now is good. I'm glad I tried the one they make with Kumbutcha, but it's different. I like beer and Kumbutcha, but I guess not together. Liked everything I had at DW before the EJ concert. I can't think of what was the cask but it was tasty. Kind of a creamy IPA.

The guys at Summer Sun are the best. I buy most of my beer there. Imagine Nation isn't my favorite brewery.. a little too hippy dippy hug your favorite tree for my liking, plus their beer is overpriced ($4 for 12oz rather than $4/pint everywhere else), but their Lupujus is top notch for an IPA. Really smooth. At DW I never drink the regulars, I'm always into the seasonals there. The Blood Orange Gose they've had is great. Dram Shop downtown usually has a collection of IPAs that hit over 40IBU, and like GC420 said, over 80 is when you're really packing down a good IPA.

No I guess what I should've said was I consider 65 to be a base level more or less for an ipa and imagination's are 40 and 65.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

I was disappointed flathead is closed. I like the big fork brewery so I wanted to get some beers there in missoula.

Allezchat said:
I was disappointed flathead is closed. I like the big fork brewery so I wanted to get some beers there in missoula.

Flathead Lake Brewing closed downtown Missoula?? Really? Wonder when that happened..

MrTitleist said:
Allezchat said:

Flathead Lake Brewing closed downtown Missoula?? Really? Wonder when that happened..
Facebook page was active today...

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Allezchat said:
Remodeling

Odd, their Facebook page implies they were operating today...hope they finished remodeling

Look, lads ... even if you never manage to get your top five, remember ... at least you lived a life of striving for the best ... or, maybe not.

grizband said:
Allezchat said:
Remodeling

Odd, their Facebook page implies they were operating today...hope they finished remodeling

Maybe they are now. This was Thursday I walked by.

Beer is the hominy grits of beverages, but it's fun seeing the lowbrow version of wine snobbery.
Be a man; drink your whiskey.

Fat Bruno said:
Beer is the hominy grits of beverages, but it's fun seeing the lowbrow version of wine snobbery.

I always get a kick out of people who judge what other people like. That is the definition of snobbery. People like what they like and if they aren't forcing it on you, why do you care?

grizatwork said:
Fat Bruno said:

I always get a kick out of people who judge what other people like. That is the definition of snobbery. People like what they like and if they aren't forcing it on you, why do you care?

:clap:

grizatwork said:
Fat Bruno said:

I don't. But, why would you care if I cared?

Fat Bruno said:
grizatwork said:
Fat Bruno said:

I don't. But, why would you care if I cared?

You obviously do based on your condescending post. I took it upon myself to act as Miss Manners today. If you want to correct someones else's errors or even state a different opinion, have at it. Judging others on their likes or dislikes is elitist and I felt obliged to say something. Obviously a waste of time on an anonymous message board.

Fat Bruno said:

Is it okay if I like beer and whiskey? And even wine sometimes? Basically I just like getting drunk.

Back