• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Supporting the US Flag

reinell30

eGriz Club
DONOR
I don’t think this could have been said any better and it definitely is about time someone said it.  Hopefully, this will go out over EVERY computer in the U.S. and maybe, just maybe, these sports people will get the message of just how ridiculous they are to disrespect our flag, and how little what they do in sports compare to what our great military has done for this country..

NFL protesting the flag - POWERFUL!!

Ret. Marine Col. Jeffery Powers wrote to the NFL
commissioners the following:

Commissioners, I’ve been a season pass holder at Yankee Stadium, Yale Bowl and the Giants Stadium. 

I missed the ’90-’91 season because I was with a battalion of Marines in Desert Storm. 14 of my wonderful Marines returned home with the American Flag draped across their lifeless bodies. My last conversation with one of them, Sgt. Garrett Mongrella was about how our Giants were going to the Super Bowl. He never got to see it.

Many friends, Marines, and Special Forces Soldiers who worked with or for me through the years returned home with the American Flag draped over their coffins.

Now I watch multi-millionaire athletes who never did anything in their lives but play a game, disrespect what brave Americans fought and died for. They are essentially spitting in the faces and on the graves of real men, men who have actually done something for this country besides playing with a ball and believing they’re something special! They’re not! My Marines and Soldiers were!

You are complicit in this! You’ll fine players for large and small infractions but you lack the moral courage and respect for our nation and the fallen to put an immediate stop to this. Yes, I know, it’s their 1st Amendment right to behave in such a despicable manner.

What would happen if they came out and disrespected you or the refs publicly?

I observed a player getting a personal foul for twerking in the end zone after scoring. I guess that’s much worse than disrespecting the flag and our National  Anthem Hmmmmm, isn’t it his 1st Amendment right to express himself like an idiot in the end zone?

Why is taunting not allowed yet taunting America is OK? You fine players for wearing 9-11 commemorative shoes yet you allow scum on the sidelines to sit, kneel or pump their pathetic fist in the air. They are so deprived with their multi-million dollar contracts for playing a freaking game!

You condone it all by your refusal to act. You’re just as bad and disgusting as they are. I hope Americans boycott any sponsor who supports that rabble you call the NFL. I hope they turn off the TV when any team that allowed this disrespect to occur, without consequence, on the sidelines. I applaud those who have not.

Legends and heroes do NOT wear shoulder pads. They wear body armor and carry rifles

They make minimum wage and spend months and years away from their families. They don’t do it for an hour on Sunday. They do it 24/7 often with lead, not footballs, coming in their direction. They watch their brothers carted off in pieces not on a gurney to get their knee iced. They don’t even have ice! Many don’t have legs or arms.

Some wear blue and risk their lives daily on the streets of America . They wear fire helmets and go upstairs into the fire rather than down to safety. On 9-11, hundreds vanished They are the heroes.

I hope that your high paid protesting pretty boys and you look in that mirror when you shave tomorrow and see what you really are, legends in your own minds. You need to hit the road and take those worms with you!

Time to change the channel.

Powers originally sent his letter to former Florida congressman Allen West. West then posted the letter on his news website.

As of last week, at least 18 NFL player had protested the anthem by either kneeling during the anthem or raising their fists, according to USA Today Sports.

Alan West,he might have gotten a better response if he had shopped it any place but there

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

America is such a great country, the only thing that can destroy it is other Americans. And boy are they busy right now.

So, what is this ... the dumb guy's thread? The one where no amount of splanin can help and the darkness grows with every attempt?

Lemme be fixin that post:
"America is such a great country, the only thing that can destroy it is other Americans. And boy are we busy right now." Fencer

So, what's that twitter brained Dump doing mixing sports threads up in the politics thread on his twitter account? The freak needs a moderator to keep him in the right slot.

...his privileged life has protected him...
...has never had his ass kicked real hard...
...down on the playground face in the dirt...
...love to give him that dearly missed reality...

... :shock: ...

And:
After becoming a conservative hero, Alejandro Villanueva says he supports Steelers’ national anthem protest

Right, sure. Since that's how most Marines probably feel. I knew/know plenty, of all shapes, sizes, ethnicities and genders, and I can guarantee you if he made such statements around them, he wouldn't last long.

Total BS. I don't believe it for two seconds. :lol:

CFallsGriz said:
Right, sure. Since that's how most Marines probably feel. I knew/know plenty, of all shapes, sizes, ethnicities and genders, and I can guarantee you if he made such statements around them, he wouldn't last long.

Total BS. I don't believe it for two seconds. :lol:

The only thing you can plausibly guarantee is that you’re bound to be full of hackneyed, right wing bloviation. I belong to VoteVets, an organization of over half a million progressive vets, who will tell you exactly that … I don’t think you’d last long around them.

Meanwhile:

https://deadspin.com/the-nfls-players-won-1819683912

The NFL's Players Won

Wherever this goes from here—continued player protests during the national anthem; actual reform-oriented initiatives sponsored by the NFL; more diaper-filling from the president of the United States—one obvious takeaway from this week’s league meetings here in Manhattan is that the players showed how much power they wield when they take a collective stand.

In a span of 10 days, the storyline went from Jerry Jones threatening to discipline any player who would demonstrate during the anthem to a whole lot of dissembling from the league office to a face-to-face meeting involving players, owners, and the commissioner in which the players conceded absolutely nothing.

The NFL is a ruthless, bottom-line business, and despite multiple indications that business has indeed taken a hit, the owners didn’t so much as take a vote on whether to change the anthem policy to compel players to stand. Not only that, but the owners also committed themselves to partnering with the players to do something tangible about the social-justice issues at the root of the protest.

Trump can now claim to be the only president in history with the guts to stand up to a pregnant war widow the day after her husband's funeral. A profile in courage even more enhanced by the fact that the soldier's death appears to be the result of Trump's incompetence.

ATTENTION: FOOTBALL FANS AND PATRIOTIC AMERICANS:

Anheiser Busch is taking calls about whether it should pull their sponsorship of NFL football. They are upset about the way certain NFL players and teams won’t show their respect for our National Anthem, our Flag, and our Country. Anheiser Busch employs 1100 veterans who are also being disrespected along with all other veterans living and dead. These NFL players are uniformed, paid employees of the owners teams and have no right to publicly express their personal political opinions on company time. They can do whatever they want on their own time.

You know how big a sponsor Budweiser is. Their decision, based on this public opinion, could make a tremendous impact on what the NFL does.

I just called Budweiser’s special number 1-800-342-5283and when they answered touched option 1 and gave my opinion and it all took less than a minute. Whether or not you vote, please rush this email on to all patriotic Americans and sports fans. Thank you. Carv Thompson

I just called and told them I had one of those glitzy 3 digit IQs so they automatically put me down as being in favor of continuing their sponsorship of the NFL.

TO the NFL and its players,

If I have brain cancer, I don’t ask my dentist what I should do. If my car has a problem, I don’t seek help from a plumber! Why do you think the public cares what a football player thinks about politics? If we want to know about football, then depending on the information we seek, we might consult with you, but even a quarterback doesn’t seek advice on playing his position from a defensive tackle!

You seem to have this over inflated view of yourselves, thinking because you enjoy working on such a large scale stage, that somehow your opinion about everything matters. The NFL realizes the importance of its “image” so it has rules that specify the clothes and insignia you can wear, the language you use, and your “antics” after a touchdown or other “great” play. But somehow you and your employer don’t seem to care that you disgrace the entire nation and its 320 million people in the eyes of the world by publicly disrespecting this country, its flag, and its anthem! The taxpaying citizens of this country subsidize your plush work environments, yet you choose to use those venues to openly offend those very citizens.

Do you even understand what the flag of this country means to so many of its citizens before you choose to “take a knee” in protest of this “country" during our national anthem?

You may think because you are paid so much that your job is tough, but you are clueless when it comes to tough.  Let me show you those whose job is really tough.

<image002.jpg>

You are spoiled babies who stand around and have staff squirt Gator Aid in your mouths, sit in front of misting cooling fans when it’s warm, and sit on heated benches when it's cold. That’s not “tough” that's pampered.

You think that you deserve to be paid excessively high salaries, because you play a “dangerous" game where you can incur career ending injuries. Let me show you career ending injuries!

<image006.png>

You think you that you deserve immediate medical attention and the best medical facilities and doctors when injured. Let me show you what it’s like for those who really need and deserve medical attention.

<image007.jpg>

<image008.jpg>

You think you have the right to disrespect the flag of the United States, the one our veterans fought for, risked limbs and mental stability to defend, in many cases died for. Let me show you what our flag means to them, their families, and their friends.

<image012.jpg>

You believe you are our heroes, when in reality you are nothing but overpaid entertainers, who exist solely for our enjoyment! Well, your current antics are neither entertaining nor enjoyable, but rather a disgrace to this country, its citizens, all our veterans and their families, and the sacrifices they have made to ensure this country remains free. You choose to openly disgrace this country in the eyes of the rest of the world, yet with all your money, still choose to live here rather than in any other country. People with even the slightest amount of “Class” will stand and respect our flag. Where does that put you? You want to see heroes… here are this countries heroes!

<image017.jpg>

<image018.jpg>

<image019.jpg>

You can protest policies, the current government, or anything else you choose, that is your right. But when you “protest” our flag and anthem, you are insulting the nation we all live in and love, and all those who have served, been injured, or died to keep it free. There is nothing you can do or say that can make your actions anything more than the arrogance of classless people, who care about themselves more than our country or the freedoms for which our veterans and their families have sacrificed so much, to ensure you have the “right” to speak freely. Our country is far from perfect, but if you can point to any other country where your freedom and opportunities are better than they are here, then you just might want to go there and show respect for their flag!

If you respect America and all those who have sacrificed so much to keep her free, please forward this to your friends and relatives. Eventually, it should end up in the mailboxes of those who choose to disrespect our country, its service members, our veterans, their families, and all of us who appreciate the freedoms America represents.

reinell30 » Sun Oct 29, 2017 10:15 am

TO the NFL and its players,

" Why do you think the public cares what a football player thinks about politics?"

Because crying, unAmerican blowhards like you have been idiotically wailing about it from the beginning.

Back