• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

...senate health care...

zengriz

DONOR
...if you're rich..you'll love it...
...if you're old..you're fcuked...
... you can't make the siht up...

... :shock: ...

zengriz said:

Where is this new health care bill visible at so I can read it and get an opinion too?

reinell30 said:
zengriz said:

Where is this new health care bill visible at so I can read it and get an opinion too?

Oh, reinell30, you and I are usually on the same page, but I just don't get your question. A very few of our most conservative white male elected representatives are working on a health care bill behind closed doors so they can concentrate fully without interruption on crafting very very speedily, with the most efficiency possible, the most wonderful health bill ever, one that will be fantastic for all of us. Why question it? What IS it that you want to see?

reinell30 said:
zengriz said:

Many GOOP Senators are asking the same question, but I'm sure that like you they'll suck it all up no matter how evil it is and form their excuses -- sorry, reasons -- accordingly. Of course, as I understand it, you're on the gov't tit on health care so you don't have to worry about anyone else's health.

No really fella's, so many people are saying how bad this new health care bill is going to be. Where did they get to read this to form their opinion? I want the same opportunity to form my opinion, or is it that no one really knows what is in it? Damn sure most politicians have no clue to what is in it.

Fat Bruno said:
reinell30 said:
zengriz said:

Many GOOP Senators are asking the same question, but I'm sure that like you they'll suck it all up no matter how evil it is and form their excuses -- sorry, reasons -- accordingly. Of course, as I understand it, you're on the gov't tit on health care so you don't have to worry about anyone else's health.

Yes, I earned Govn't health care for 23 years on active duty. When I joined, I was promised health care free for life if I served at least 20 years, that promise lasted three years and then they came up with a retiree pay for health care system. Almost everyone in this country has the opportunity to join the military and earn the same thing. Not my fault if they choose something different.

reinell30 said:
zengriz said:

http://www.cnn.com/2017/06/22/politics/republican-health-care-bill-text/index.html :thumb:

biga75 said:
reinell30 said:
zengriz said:

http://www.cnn.com/2017/06/22/politics/republican-health-care-bill-text/index.html :thumb:

Also, here is a good overview. Remember, now … no matter how much horror, damage and pure evil it will inflict on millions of people, that the bad is outweighed by the good that it will do in providing tax breaks for the nation’s 400 richest families.

How to make sense of the Senate health care bill: 4 essential reads
http://theconversation.com/how-to-make-sense-of-the-senate-health-care-bill-4-essential-reads-79976

reinell30 said:
zengriz said:

Take your pick.

http://www.politico.com/story/2017/06/22/full-text-new-senate-gop-health-care-bill-document-239854

http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/senate-healthcare-bill-read-the-full-text/article/2626764

http://www.cnn.com/2017/06/22/politics/republican-health-care-bill-text/index.html

http://nation.foxnews.com/2017/06/22/senate-healthcare-bill-read-full-text

Hopefully you'll trust one. :D

Now that the CBO -- led by a Republican who publicly hated-on the ACA -- has reported, I think we can fairly conclude this is an absolutely shitty bill for any American not earning $10,000,000 a year.

So, it's sure to pass, because PARTY FIRST ALWAYS for the Repubs.

...23 million out of insurance...
...premiums to go up 74%...
...who are these guys...

... :wtf:...

I don't know about you fellas but I can't wait until they start turning the poor into soylent green.

Mmmmmm...soylent green :tounge:

By reading this bill in it's entirety, if I had to rely on this for health coverage, I would be very concerned. I do not blame the few repub. senators who won't vote for it. I do not understand why the Democrats won't state what they want changed and work it out. To have this issue just like every other issue in DC where it is repub or Dem is stupid. Time for all to be one and get this bill right once and for all. Stop the bickering and sit down together and get it right and move on!
Lower premiums
Help those with pre-existing conditions
Keep Medicaid where it is. (Didn't Montana fight against' Medicaid expansion just a couple years ago?)
Lower prescription drug prices.

These jackasses know the problems now fix them!

reinell30 said:
By reading this bill in it's entirety, if I had to rely on this for health coverage, I would be very concerned. I do not blame the few repub. senators who won't vote for it. I do not understand why the Democrats won't state what they want changed and work it out. To have this issue just like every other issue in DC where it is repub or Dem is stupid. Time for all to be one and get this bill right once and for all. Stop the bickering and sit down together and get it right and move on!
Lower premiums
Help those with pre-existing conditions
Keep Medicaid where it is. (Didn't Montana fight against' Medicaid expansion just a couple years ago?)
Lower prescription drug prices.

These jackasses know the problems now fix them!

The non Republicans (Democrats and Independents) are not being given an opportunity to offer their opinions on it. The Republicans have not allowed any senate committees to discuss the bill. Also, this affect your insurance too.

By the way, the Democrats want to fully fund the ACA or move to single payer. See, one primary factor for Insurance companies pulling out of markets is because Trump/GOP keep implying that they won't get reimbursed next year for these plans. Sh!t, I would stop offering a service too if I was told promised funding for that service may not become available.

"reinell30 wrote":

Wed Jun 28, 2017 7:34 am
" I do not understand why the Democrats won't state what they want changed and work it out."

What??! They have been stating it for years. There is no possible compromise here. The entire purpose of the GOP plan is to reduce coverage so the rich can have tax breaks. Better coverage is the last thing they want. Ironically, they may destroy themselves, finally, with this sick thing, and open the way to the return of the guillotine and to Soylent as Soylent should be … made from the rich, marbled asses of the wealthy.

...what fat said..no compromise here...
...jeezus..the quantum tax breaks for the rich assholes ...
...got no place..don't belong..get them the fcuk out of health care...

... :protesst: ...

What's fascinating to me is that in Kentucky -- home of both Senators Uncle Mitch and Never-Spend-A-Dime-Because Billionaires Need-It-More-Rand Paul -- over one-third of people would lose coverage under the existing plan (as they receive it via Medicaid). In Appalachia, SIXTY PERCENT of the people are covered by Medicaid.

If THAT doesn't show that party matters more than constituents, I don't know what does.

And yes, it's time for bipartisanship on this bill, but that cannot be laid at the ground of the Dems. They've been fully and purposely excluded throughout Uncle Mitch's entire process. It's time for all of them to grow up and put the citizens of the United States first and quit worrying about their fucking party.

reinell30 said:
What constitutes "Rich" or "Wealthy?"

Incomes of $772,000 + per year:

the top 1 percent of earners (those making more than $772,000 in 2022) would receive 40 percent of the savings.

http://www.npr.org/2017/05/04/526923181/gop-health-care-bill-would-cut-about-765-billion-in-taxes-over-10-years

Back