• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Highway 12

jodcon

DONOR
What's it like between Missoula and Lewistown? Heading to the coast next month and debating taking it, wothwhile?

jodcon said:
What's it like between Missoula and Lewistown? Heading to the coast next month and debating taking it, wothwhile?

I travel highway 12 over McDonald pass every griz game. This is very nice highway and you can travel at 80+ all the way from Missoula to Helena then I-15 from Helena to Great Falls. The 87/89 from Great Falls to Lewistown is 70 MPH and not a lot of traffic. If you take 12 it doesn't go to Lewistown. 87 will take you from Billings to Lewistown then Great Falls. Highway 12 takes you thru Harlowtown then to townsend and Helena. Easy drive, not a lot of traffic. All two-lane.

reinell30 said:
jodcon said:

I travel highway 12 over McDonald pass every griz game. This is very nice highway and you can travel at 80+ all the way from Missoula to Helena then I-15 from Helena to Great Falls. The 87/89 from Great Falls to Lewistown is 70 MPH and not a lot of traffic. If you take 12 it doesn't go to Lewistown. 87 will take you from Billings to Lewistown then Great Falls. Highway 12 takes you thru Harlowtown then to townsend and Helena. Easy drive, not a lot of traffic. All two-lane.

My fault, I was talking about Missoula to Lewiston Idaho...should have made that clear and spelled it right also. Thanks for your input though.

NorthEndZoneDan said:
the road to Lewiston ID is worth it. slow going when the road packs in close to the Lochsa but its scenic as hell.

Thanks Dan, probably do it then! Never know if these kinds of roads are really cool or just winding bitches and a tunnel of trees with no view. Thanks for the info.

jodcon said:
NorthEndZoneDan said:
the road to Lewiston ID is worth it. slow going when the road packs in close to the Lochsa but its scenic as hell.

Thanks Dan, probably do it then! Never know if these kinds of roads are really cool or just winding bitches and a tunnel of trees with no view. Thanks for the info.

I don't know if you have left yet but yes it is a great drive with a few hot springs to soak in along the way. Right now though it is buried in smoke unfortunately.

polsongrizz said:
jodcon said:
NorthEndZoneDan said:

I don't know if you have left yet but yes it is a great drive with a few hot springs to soak in along the way. Right now though it is buried in smoke unfortunately.

Heading that way next weekend, don't see any decent rain in the forecast so probably going to driving in haze mostly which sucks but it'll work.

jodcon said:
polsongrizz said:
jodcon said:
NorthEndZoneDan said:

Heading that way next weekend, don't see any decent rain in the forecast so probably going to driving in haze mostly which sucks but it'll work.

Yep, no rain in the forecast anytime soon. I drove that way last week and I could see clearly maybe 30-50 yards. Have fun.

Back