• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

MONTANA 70, #21 Stanford 68

Wow, that was a shocker, I imagine that will have some play on ESPN sportscenter, I know I will be watching for it.

Here is the link to the ESPN write up...

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/recap?gameId=223500024

*EDIT* Oh yea, I just saw it on sportscenter, it had some good highlights.

Some more wins like that and maybe we will start generating some excitement and get some fan support for something other than football in Missoula. It would sure be nice to have something fun to do after football season.

Bump. I accidentally hit on page 231 without realizing it when I opened the forum and the first thing I saw was this thread. I was thinking wow another great win! Then I remembered we dont play Stanford until after Thanksgiving. Oh well, maybe a good omen.

Same thing happened on 05 December 2010 as well. The Griz beat UCLA 66 - 57 on their home court. Thought the Griz had a fairly decent team afterall. Then they turn around and lose to an 8 - 19 Eastern Washington team in overtime the following February. Then the Griz get beat by Duquesne in something called a CBI Tournament for their post season. Disheartening.

Good omens are what they're worth.

Back