• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Elam Ending Thoughts?

PeauxRouge

This was an interesting read:

https://sports.yahoo.com/radical-new-way-ending-games-nba-college-basketball-intrigued-143141174.html

I doubt it will happen, but I could see a team that is up by at least two possesions leaving players back on their side intentionally to cherry pick a bucket and end a game.

Anyone else have thoughts on this?

I think its kinda cool. It's one of those things that is so unique and it works well but it will never happen at the top level because the nostalgia is too evolved. no way NBA or NCAA would get rid of the "buzzer beater" even though this idea eliminates boring endings and minutes of free throw shots. Its a great idea for a secondary league

mtgrizfankb said:
I think its kinda cool. It's one of those things that is so unique and it works well but it will never happen at the top level because the nostalgia is too evolved. no way NBA or NCAA would get rid of the "buzzer beater" even though this idea eliminates boring endings and minutes of free throw shots. Its a great idea for a secondary league

I disagree with the bolded above - technically the winning shot is a buzzer beater - just no buzzer. :mrgreen: In all seriousness - I think the idea is really intriguing. I'm not sure how that would still prevent teams from just fouling their opponents worst free throw shooter. It would still extend the game somewhat.

Which of these 3 doesn't belong: Mensa member, college professor, groundskeeper? Not to rip groundskeepers, but one wonders what percentage of Mensa members are groundskeepers. Just seems like an odd job for a guy this smart.

Also, I have found that very few college coaches truly understand how to maximize when to foul late in games or the first half. When the other team is in the one-and-one, foul their worst FT shooting player on the court (almost every time,IMO), especially in a final first half possession. Would you rather have their WORST FT shooter shooting a one-and-one and you get the final possession or let the other team's best shooter pop a 3 at the buzzer? I can't believe how often coaches choose the latter.

Back