• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Numbers for new guys

Major mystery: What's up with Freddy Brown? No player on the team holds more fascination for me. He has legendary bloodlines, went for 28 per last year, with gaudy totals of rebounds and assists, yet does not appear on any of the major recruiting sites--ESPN, Scout, et. al. Will he solve our three-point shooting problems? And is he really 6'2"?

Major questions: Will Donaven Dorsey play, and what will be the outcome of the medical hardships for him, Manuel and Miller?

More intrigue: How good is Kelby Kramer? Will either Mack Anderson or Ben Carter contribute as true freshmen?

Which players will show the greatest improvement from last year--Akoh? Pridgett? Falls? (If it's either Oguine or Rorie, watch out!)

Will we get contributions from an unexpected source, Peter Jones or Eddy Egun?

I really like Freddy B. His issue was he came off the bench his entire Junior year because he played at Nathan Hale, one of if not the best hs team in the country that year. So completely unrecruited through his Junior year. Plus, I think he was only 5'11 or 6' and VERY slightly built. He grows a few inches and gains 20 lbs for his senior season, has a great year. So I really think we have a sleeper there 🤞

As for Kelby, I was recently told they were extremely excited about him and that he's the most improved player in the program over 1 year. He's put on quite a bit of muscle as well.
citay said:
Major mystery: What's up with Freddy Brown? No player on the team holds more fascination for me. He has legendary bloodlines, went for 28 per last year, with gaudy totals of rebounds and assists, yet does not appear on any of the major recruiting sites--ESPN, Scout, et. al. Will he solve our three-point shooting problems? And is he really 6'2"?

Major questions: Will Donaven Dorsey play, and what will be the outcome of the medical hardships for him, Manuel and Miller?

More intrigue: How good is Kelby Kramer? Will either Mack Anderson or Ben Carter contribute as true freshmen?

Which players will show the greatest improvement from last year--Akoh? Pridgett? Falls? (If it's either Oguine or Rorie, watch out!)

Will we get contributions from an unexpected source, Peter Jones or Eddy Egun?

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

How have Kelby's dance moves progressed? Based on that initial welcome video from last year he really needed some work. He lacks no confidence, though, so that's a plus.

Griz roster was updated on gogriz.com but the new guys still do not have numbers.

2018-19 Men's Basketball Roster
0 Michael Oguine Sr. G 6-2 171 Los Angeles, Calif. Chaminade Prep H.S.
1 Timmy Falls So. G 6-2 171 Dublin, Calif. Dublin H.S.
2 Donaven Dorsey R-Sr. G 6-7 214 Lacey, Wash. Timberline H.S. Washington
4 Sayeed Pridgett Jr. G 6-5 195 Oakland, Calif. El Cerrito H.S.
14 Ahmaad Rorie R-Sr. G 6-1 175 Tacoma, Wash. Lincoln H.S. Oregon
15 Jamar Akoh R-Sr. F 6-8 253 Rancho Cucamonga, Calif. Los Osos H.S. Cal State Fullerton
24 Bobby Moorehead Sr. G 6-7 182 Tacoma, Wash. Stadium H.S.
32 Peter Jones R-Fr. F 6-8 225 Seattle, Wash. O'Dea H.S.
33 Kelby Kramer R-Fr. C 6-10 220 Rock Springs, Wyo. Rock Springs H.S.
Mack Anderson Fr. F 6-9 210 Bozeman, Mont. Bozeman H.S.
Ben Carter Fr. F 6-10 275 Adelaide, Australia Sacred Heart College
Eddy Egun Fr. G 6-4 160 Woodland Hills, Calif. El Camino Real H.S.
Kendal Manuel R-Jr. G 6-4 180 Billings, Mont. Skyview H.S. Oregon State

TrueGriz said:
Griz roster was updated on gogriz.com but the new guys still do not have numbers.

15 Jamar Akoh R-Sr. F 6-8 253 Rancho Cucamonga, Calif. Los Osos H.S. Cal State Fullerton

Question: Where are Tony Miller and Freddy Brown?

Observation: While there's no Michael Ray, Krysko or Derrick Pope here, I believe that top to bottom, this is the most talent I have ever seen on a Montana roster. Period. Feel free to challenge that claim.

I couldn't challenge that claim with a straight face. Top to bottom, definitely the most talented roster I've seen at um. One of the more well balanced rosters as well. Only one potential weakness even comes to mind, consistency shooting the 3. And it wouldn't surprise me at all if we shot that very well this year, leaving little if any real weaknesses.
citay said:
TrueGriz said:

Observation: While there's no Michael Ray, Krysko or Derrick Pope here, I believe that top to bottom, this is the most talent I have ever seen on a Montana roster. Period. Feel free to challenge that claim.

Case what have you heard about Freddy and Tony?
casewinter13 said:
I couldn't challenge that claim with a straight face. Top to bottom, definitely the most talented roster I've seen at um. One of the more well balanced rosters as well. Only one potential weakness even comes to mind, consistency shooting the 3. And it wouldn't surprise me at all if we shot that very well this year, leaving little if any real weaknesses.
citay said:
TrueGriz said:

Unfortunately very little, my friend, other than how high they were on them from the beginning. I usually don't get overly anxious but hearing nothing and it's been a strange year recruiting, so feeling a tad nervous I'll be honest. Not based on anything I've heard at all, though, just the eerie quiet surrounding them. Hopefully nothing at all to worry about :)
flatheadedgriz said:
casewinter13 said:
citay said:
TrueGriz said:

casewinter13 said:
Unfortunately very little, my friend, other than how high they were on them from the beginning. I usually don't get overly anxious but hearing nothing and it's been a strange year recruiting, so feeling a tad nervous I'll be honest. Not based on anything I've heard at all, though, just the eerie quiet surrounding them. Hopefully nothing at all to worry about :)
flatheadedgriz said:
casewinter13 said:
citay said:

Tony is signed, sealed, and will be delivered shortly!! He can’t wait to be a Griz and keep the winning tradition! 🐻

Outstanding! 🤞 Thank you, Mill
Millhoop said:
casewinter13 said:
flatheadedgriz said:
casewinter13 said:

Tony is signed, sealed, and will be delivered shortly!! He can’t wait to be a Griz and keep the winning tradition! [emoji199]

Millhoop said:
casewinter13 said:
flatheadedgriz said:
casewinter13 said:

Tony is signed, sealed, and will be delivered shortly!! He can’t wait to be a Griz and keep the winning tradition! 🐻

I am guessing you are his father, or some relative. We are looking foward to Tony being a GRIZ.
If you don't mind me asking, myself and most of GRIZ NATION is wondering. How did Tony fall through the cracks? Did he have any Div 1 offers? I ask because his highlights are among the most impressive I've seen in a long while. He is very athletic and a great overall player. I didn't notice any weakness to his game.

I hope you don't mind me asking. Welcome to GRIZ NATION. :thumb:

mtgrizrule said:
Millhoop said:
casewinter13 said:
flatheadedgriz said:

I am guessing you are his father, or some relative. We are looking foward to Tony being a GRIZ.
If you don't mind me asking, myself and most of GRIZ NATION is wondering. How did Tony fall through the cracks? Did he have any Div 1 offers? I ask because his highlights are among the most impressive I've seen in a long while. He is very athletic and a great overall player. I didn't notice any weakness to his game.

LONG story but I’ll keep it short. He had the opportunity for the first time to play with his older brother (who went to NDSU and transferred to Seattle Pacific) and do that close to home. They went to different high schools so it was actually the first time in their lives playing on the same team. He doesn’t regret his decision but it became time to fulfill another dream, and Montana (with your coaches) were clearly the place to do that. Focusing on the future now. Go Griz!

Millhoop said:
mtgrizrule said:
Millhoop said:
casewinter13 said:

LONG story but I’ll keep it short. He had the opportunity for the first time to play with his older brother (who went to NDSU and transferred to Seattle Pacific) and do that close to home. They went to different high schools so it was actually the first time in their lives playing on the same team. He doesn’t regret his decision but it became time to fulfill another dream, and Montana (with your coaches) were clearly the place to do that. Focusing on the future now. Go Griz!

Millhoop: Any inside info/speculation/update on whether he'll get a medical hardship year?

citay said:
Millhoop said:
mtgrizrule said:
Millhoop said:

Millhoop: Any inside info/speculation/update on whether he'll get a medical hardship year?

He has a great case! Very hopeful, but will be in the NCAA’s hands.

Back