Guess Who's Back....

Grizzly Basketball and Big Sky Conference Hoops
HookedonGriz
eGriz Supporter
I am a fan of: University of Montana

Guess Who's Back....

Post by HookedonGriz » Tue May 22, 2018 2:26 pm

Back again, Rorie's back, tell a friend!

Whoooooooo hooooo!

Paytonlives
eGriz Moderator
I am a fan of: THE University of Montana

Re: Guess Who's Back....

Post by Paytonlives » Tue May 22, 2018 2:31 pm

HookedonGriz wrote:
Tue May 22, 2018 2:26 pm

Whoooooooo hooooo!
Not surprised... Just getting some NBA experience...
Bobby Hauck 2008 (After beating the kittens)

"I wish there were 5 quarters in this game, so we could kick their asses some more!"

grizzlyjournal
Starter
I am a fan of: UM

Post by grizzlyjournal » Tue May 22, 2018 2:37 pm

DPGriz
4th String
I am a fan of: Griz

Post by DPGriz » Tue May 22, 2018 2:44 pm

Paytonlives wrote:
Tue May 22, 2018 2:31 pm
HookedonGriz wrote:

Whoooooooo hooooo!
Grad transfer was always the bigger concern in my mind. Glad he's on board for another run.

HookedonGriz
eGriz Supporter
I am a fan of: University of Montana

Post by HookedonGriz » Tue May 22, 2018 3:17 pm

DPGriz wrote:
Tue May 22, 2018 2:44 pm
Paytonlives wrote:
Tue May 22, 2018 2:31 pm
HookedonGriz wrote:

Whoooooooo hooooo!
Grad transfer was always the bigger concern in my mind. Glad he's on board for another run.
Exactly, that talk of Gonzaga and the possibility of NBA scouts telling him to go play for a bigger school had me nervous

717s7e
4th String
I am a fan of: Montana

Post by 717s7e » Tue May 22, 2018 3:30 pm

Anyone know if the team here for first session of summer school or do they get together for the second session? When I am in town, it would be fun to run by the field house and see if it is rat ball time.

fanofzoo
Starter

Post by fanofzoo » Tue May 22, 2018 3:46 pm

YES YES YES
can rest a little bit easier.

AZDoc
Starter

Post by AZDoc » Tue May 22, 2018 3:56 pm

I was/am much more worried about grad transfer rules as well. The timing almost worries me that he was considering it rather heavily. To be honest, I hate the transfer rules as they stand. I think it's going to be free agency in college athletics if they make changes. I would think, though, that if a kid wanted to transfer to where his coach moves on to, or if coach is fired OK to transfer. If they just let things go, it will get ugly...and in a hurry.
A fool thinks himself to be wise, but a wise man knows himself to be a fool-Bill Shakespeare
What a Fool Believes-The Doobie Brothers

mtgrizrule
Hall of Fame
I am a fan of: DA GRIZ

Post by mtgrizrule » Tue May 22, 2018 4:33 pm

717s7e wrote:
Tue May 22, 2018 3:30 pm
Anyone know if the team here for first session of summer school or do they get together for the second session? When I am in town, it would be fun to run by the field house and see if it is rat ball time.
The best time of the summer to watch competitive open gyms/pick up games are during the GRIZ basketball camps. They often play in the evenings during the camps. :thumb:
Thank you all. God Bless every soldier fighting for our country!!!!
Health issues, major and minor...increase the productivity of your NRF1 and NRF2. Here is my business website to see the products. http://rbidwell.lifevantage.com/

DPGriz
4th String

Post by DPGriz » Tue May 22, 2018 4:40 pm

AZDoc wrote:
Tue May 22, 2018 3:56 pm
I was/am much more worried about grad transfer rules as well. The timing almost worries me that he was considering it rather heavily. To be honest, I hate the transfer rules as they stand. I think it's going to be free agency in college athletics if they make changes. I would think, though, that if a kid wanted to transfer to where his coach moves on to, or if coach is fired OK to transfer. If they just let things go, it will get ugly...and in a hurry.
I think it's very fair, if college athletics is about academics then why shouldn't players have the opportunity to consider a new institution after they complete their undergraduate degree?

As far as Rorie goes, I'm not "worried" that he might have considered other schools, he would have had a lot of offers as a transfer if he wanted to go that route so the fact that he decided to stick with us says a lot. I appreciate the loyalty to a program that helped get his basketball career on track and hopefully that loyalty is rewarded with an extremely successful final year for him and the team.

PlayerRep
Hall of Fame

Post by PlayerRep » Tue May 22, 2018 4:40 pm

Rorie is in town now.

AZDoc
Starter

Post by AZDoc » Tue May 22, 2018 7:07 pm

DPGriz wrote:
Tue May 22, 2018 4:40 pm
AZDoc wrote:
Tue May 22, 2018 3:56 pm
I think it's very fair, if college athletics is about academics then why shouldn't players have the opportunity to consider a new institution after they complete their undergraduate degree?

As far as Rorie goes, I'm not "worried" that he might have considered other schools, he would have had a lot of offers as a transfer if he wanted to go that route so the fact that he decided to stick with us says a lot. I appreciate the loyalty to a program that helped get his basketball career on track and hopefully that loyalty is rewarded with an extremely successful final year for him and the team.
Oh I don’t mind grad transfer at all. My issue is with free transfers without penalty if still enrolled as undergrad. Isn’t that something the NCAA is considering?
A fool thinks himself to be wise, but a wise man knows himself to be a fool-Bill Shakespeare
What a Fool Believes-The Doobie Brothers

Happygriz1
Walk On
I am a fan of: Grizzly

Post by Happygriz1 » Tue May 22, 2018 7:09 pm

717s7e wrote:
Tue May 22, 2018 3:30 pm
The team is currently all enrolled in summer first session classes

IntuitiveGriz
eGriz Supporter
I am a fan of: MONTANA

Post by IntuitiveGriz » Wed May 23, 2018 10:49 pm

Rorie was not invited to the NBA Combine, and was not offered a private workout by any NBA team.

So glad he is back for 1 more season with the GRIZ.
72-39-5 against state

WE ARE MONTANA!!!