• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Jack Williams de-commits, heading to Rice instead

Colter_Nuanez56

[tweet]https://twitter.com/SkylineSportsMT/status/988900327972786176[/tweet]

[tweet]https://twitter.com/_Jwilly32/status/988898595872133121[/tweet]

Maybe we are bringing in some other stud who is destined to play 4 and Williams decided he doesn't want to sit the bench either. No idea but a possibility?

HookedonGriz said:
Maybe we are bringing in some other stud who is destined to play 4 and Williams decided he doesn't want to sit the bench either. No idea but a possibility?

In any event, there is a ton of talent returning, and more great prospects at hand. We'll be fine.

It may be better playing time for him, but if he is truly using it to progress his education, graduate school at Rice is a phenomenal opportunity. Top notch school.

grizatwork said:
It may be better playing time for him, but if he is truly using it to progress his education, graduate school at Rice is a phenomenal opportunity. Top notch school.

Exactly! Maybe he is actually interested in Grad school and Rice has what he wants at a high level. He certainly won't be in the NCAA tourney, unless they turn a 7-24 / 4-14 conference record around. I can't imagine he wouldn't get plenty of PT for the Griz. Maybe, just maybe, he is thinking true long term!

Preferring grad school at rice is fine but where was this thinking when he made his original commitment. It seems like something must have changed and I wouldn't think it's the merits of the two schools graduate programs.

DPGriz said:
Preferring grad school at rice is fine but where was this thinking when he made his original commitment. It seems like something must have changed and I wouldn't think it's the merits of the two schools graduate programs.

I don't disagree...i'm just trying to spin a positive on something because athletics has been a huge $h!tter the last week.

From yesterday: Pacific grad transfer Williams going to Rice instead of Montana
https://skylinesportsmt.com/pacific-grad-transfer-williams-going-to-rice-instead-of-montana/

Rice has a record this year of 7-24. I have to assume that this was an academic move rather than a desire to move to a winning program.

Rice is a big time school and was ranked as the #14 college in America tied with Cornell, Brown and Vanderbilt. Just ahead of Notre Dame and Georgetown.

I’m guessing this wasn’t based on hoops but more of an academic and rest of life decision.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

wbtfg said:
Rice is a big time school and was ranked as the #14 college in America tied with Cornell, Brown and Vanderbilt. Just ahead of Notre Dame and Georgetown.

I’m guessing this wasn’t based on hoops but more of an academic and rest of life decision.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If that is the case, can't blame him! UofM is definitely not in the top 200 on that list...

Back