• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Tweet from Coach Travis

flatheadgriz406

Rumor is RJ Barrett is pulling his commitment from Duke to come play for the Griz. Who else could it be!!!

[tweet]https://twitter.com/CoachDeCuire/status/988470905922699266[/tweet]

I just looked at North Idaho's website. He appears to have been the leading scorer - scored 27, 29, 47 (or some such) in the conference tournament and was MVP of the conference tournament. He is listed as 6-5 and appears to have a strong build. Considering the players who have come out of that conference, looks like a good move - if he is the subject of Travis' Tweet.

717s7e said:
I just looked at North Idaho's website. He appears to have been the leading scorer - scored 27, 29, 47 (or some such) in the conference tournament and was MVP of the conference tournament. He is listed as 6-5 and appears to have a strong build. Considering the players who have come out of that conference, looks like a good move - if he is the subject of Travis' Tweet.

And his Dad played for the Griz.

Perhaps finally some good news instead of the Dumpster Fire over on the football side!

I don't see the dumpster fire. If a player isn't happy, best to move on. I see some similarity between Gresch Jensen and Carl Nicholas - neither was happy with expected playing time - I can't criticize them for looking elsewhere.

I thought that Nuanez made an interesting observation that when Gresch and Dalton were on the sideline for the second half of the spring game, Gresch stood alone while Dalton was with team. And when Tanner Wilson scored a TD, Dalton ran out on the field to congratulate him - Gresch didn't. I think a similar thing happened with Carl Nicholas. Hate to see talented kids leave but if they think that is best for them, we can't fault them or the coaches.

It will be interesting to watch were they both go and follow their careers. Wish them both the very best.

I can't believe we don't have an answer to this yet. Is there really no one with the scoop over a day after out coach seemingly tweeted out a commit?

I share the angst. And it is doubly bad given that the women have a lot of questions also. I think May 16 is the end of the signing period (I don't know what that means), so there are still perhaps 3 weeks of waiting.

This afternoon (Tuesday), Colter Nuanez ESPN 102.9 says that "Easy come, easy go" -

Jack Williams the transfer from University of Pacific. He has now decommitted and has committed to Rice.

Did finding this so called gem have something maybe to do with Williams then decommitting? Wonder if this other potential signee took Williams spot in a way?

HookedonGriz said:
Did finding this so called gem have something maybe to do with Williams then decommitting? Wonder if this other potential signee took Williams spot in a way?

Because there was a lack of scholarships available?

HelenaHandBasket said:
HookedonGriz said:

No, more of the position and what Williams would've been playing for the Griz which I believe was a 4 like Fab. In other words, did we just find some other stud 4

I can definitely see where a senior grad transfer would not want to spend his last year sitting the bench if some other ace was brought in. No idea if that's the case at all

HookedonGriz said:
HelenaHandBasket said:
HookedonGriz said:

No, more of the position and what Williams would've been playing for the Griz which I believe was a 4 like Fab. In other words, did we just find some other stud 4

I can definitely see where a senior grad transfer would not want to spend his last year sitting the bench if some other ace was brought in. No idea if that's the case at all

Forgot my sarcasm font.

George Ferguson said:
Except I highly doubt this weekend would have been the first time TD EVER spoke to Evans' father.
I wouldn't be surprised. RayQuan's grades were so bad in high school he was basically un-recruitable. Heard he has to stay in JUCO one more year and get good grades to be eligible for most D1 schools. I really doubt he's talking about Evans

PeauxRouge said:
It just seems interesting that this tweet coincides with Jack's de-commiting.

I agree. Coach probably knew it was in the works and was working on a backup plan...I hope...

Back