• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Who is left? What about 2020?

Mavman

So 5 players have left the team since the tournament. (same number of players that have left football team) We still don't know if Dorsey will be playing or if Rorie gets drafted? What looked to be a stacked team is looking depleted quickly. The two freshman from Montana coming in will be no help this season they need to RS. Kramer is still an unknown as of now. That is just next season.

2020 season will be interesting! Griz lose 4 seniors all huge contributors and if they make a run possibly their coach! Falls and Pridgett will be the go to guys that season otherwise could be rebuilding.

I believe in coach Decuire and what he is building and think he will have the team full of good players.
Until then i'm staying off twitter because every time i get on another griz player has left! :shock:

Mavman said:
So 5 players have left the team since the tournament. (same number of players that have left football team) We still don't know if Dorsey will be playing or if Rorie gets drafted? What looked to be a stacked team is looking depleted quickly. The two freshman from Montana coming in will be no help this season they need to RS. Kramer is still an unknown as of now. That is just next season.

2020 season will be interesting! Griz lose 4 seniors all huge contributors and if they make a run possibly their coach! Falls and Pridgett will be the go to guys that season otherwise could be rebuilding.

I believe in coach Decuire and what he is building and think he will have the team full of good players.
Until then i'm staying off twitter because every time i get on another griz player has left! :shock:

Depleted for next year??? I view it as losing the three at the end of the bench who were essentially cut from the team and would have no impact in the games next year. None. While I feel for the kids, the reality is this will end up an upgrade for next year and especially 2020. The fourth was more than capable and would have been our 7th or 8th best player next year and great for 2020, but not a fit unfortunately. The fifth you are counting is either Fab a senior who graduated, or you are counting Rorie who will very likely return, or on a long shot go to the NBA and then who could blame him. Can’t wait to see Dorsey!!

For 2020, the turnover will not only help, but was needed for the reason you state. We lose a bunch of seniors and the end of the bench wasn’t going to be the answer. I think when all is said and done in a few weeks or less, we will step back and go wow, we upgraded for next year and especially 2020.

Hopefully we add a P5 transfer, between Rorie and Bruenig we really added some high impact players from that route in recent years so we could use one to take Rorie's place.

Good grief could we at least wait until the signing period is over before we speculate about the future? Let me assure you Travis is no dummy. He will restock the cupboard.

astutegriz said:
Mavman said:

Depleted for next year??? I view it as losing the three at the end of the bench who were essentially cut from the team and would have no impact in the games next year. None. While I feel for the kids, the reality is this will end up an upgrade for next year and especially 2020. The fourth was more than capable and would have been our 7th or 8th best player next year and great for 2020, but not a fit unfortunately. The fifth you are counting is either Fab a senior who graduated, or you are counting Rorie who will very likely return, or on a long shot go to the NBA and then who could blame him. Can’t wait to see Dorsey!!

For 2020, the turnover will not only help, but was needed for the reason you state. We lose a bunch of seniors and the end of the bench wasn’t going to be the answer. I think when all is said and done in a few weeks or less, we will step back and go wow, we upgraded for next year and especially 2020.

The fifth I was counting was Spoja!

Saw a stat......the 5 who have left played a total of 1 minute in the big sky conference tourney. Yes, 1 minute. I wish them well and don't blame them for wanting to go somewhere for playing time.

That same stat said there are over 1000 D1 players transferring this year and that 43% of D1 hoops players have approached the transfer route. Welcome to the new age of college hoops.

Mavman said:
astutegriz said:
Mavman said:

The fifth I was counting was Spoja!

Gotcha! Been filled by Malatare.

Back