• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

New Griz Jack Williams

6'8 220lb played at Pacific last year. Already a RS SO Not sure how much eligibility he will have left. Fills our need for a back up big. Cool that Mike will have a HS teammate joining him. I'll see if I can find some video.

Off of the Pacific website
Previous School:
Williams played the 2014-15 season at Long Beach State as a freshman, where he saw action in 32 games with five starts. He averaged 2.9 points and 2.4 rebounds and was third on the team with 35 offensive boards.

High School:
Jack earned the John R. Wooden Award as the CIF Division III player of the year as a senior at Chaminade High School in West Hills, Calif. He led the team with 16.5 points and 11.5 rebounds per game as a senior, helping the Eagles to the Southern Section Open Division playoffs with a record of 27-6 overall and reached the Division III CIF Finals where they defeated Drake, 71-51, to earn a state championship title. A four-year starter with the Eagles, he earned Los Angeles Daily News all-area in 2014-15. He was a second-team all-state selection as a junior, and a two-time all-conference pick. Williams was a Top-50 rated recruit in California by ESPN.

Just found it he will be a grad transfer. Looks like stretch four is his name, right-hand jump hook and the 3 ball is his game

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=47gQ9D_dSk4[/youtube]

I glanced at University of Pacific's website and they don't seem to have player stats. However, I went to their last game which was a conference tournament game against San Francisco (Pacific lost in overtime in Las Vegas). Jack Williams played 45 minutes (more than any other player), was 3 of 6 from 3 point line, 5 of 14 for field goals, 2 of 2 from free throw line, 7 rebounds, 0 assists, 1 steal, 1 turnover. 15 points total. Seems like a nice addition.

The Pacific website lists him as a redshirt Junior for 2017-18. Am not sure that he really is a grad transfer??

Now THIS I am happy about. Great, great pick up in my opinion. Love the length and his shooting. I'm hoping for another true post grad transfer. Also hope we get one that sits this year with a couple years left to take over at Guard when the boys leave town.

Saw these stats on their site:

32 Jack Williams 32GP32GS 31.0min 3.1-8.0 38.8FG % 1.2-3.7 33.9 3 point % 1.1-1.7 64.2 8.5ppg also 5.9 rpg

I was hoping we'd add a grad transfer or JUCO so I'm glad to have another upperclassman for such an important season.

In two years at Pacific Williams averaged 8.6 ppg, 6.1 rpg and put up 38 fg% 37 3pt% 66 ft% in 28 mpg. He started every game this year on a Pacific team that went 8-8 in the WCC.

flatheadedgriz said:
6'8 220lb played at Pacific last year. Already a RS SO Not sure how much eligibility he will have left. Fills our need for a back up big. Cool that Mike will have a HS teammate joining him. I'll see if I can find some video.

Grad transfer.....1 year to play.

Looks to have some good mid-range shooting as well. Even some of his hook shots were near free throw distance I think. Good addition!

Good to see the GRIZ got some size and a capable shooter. He reminds me a lot of Mathias Ward. I hope the GRIZ will work with him on his inside scoring too. Someone has to pick up that slack when Akoh is on the bench. I am sure Kramer is developing his inside game too.

Looks like Williams can be a valuable contributor and give the line up some versatility. I am thinking the GRIZ will start 4 perimeter players and Akoh. Dorsey will likely be getting 25+ minutes per game, if healthy. That would leave Williams to rotational minutes off the bench. I am thinking we will need 12+ minutes per game from Williams.

Welcome to GRIZ Nation Jack, family, and friends.

According to the twittah from him, he'll be a grad transfer? Pretty impressive graduating in 3 years - this would make him eligible right away, no?

Anyone heard about Dorsey? The interview with coach Cobb said something like "trying to figure out the Dorsey thing". In context it sounded like maybe a medical redshirt...but also could've been a ability to play at all as a possibility. In the sentence/context of him answering the question, really could've been seen as either. Anyone else hear that or know anything?

MissoulaMarinerFan said:
According to the twittah from him, he'll be a grad transfer? Pretty impressive graduating in 3 years - this would make him eligible right away, no?

Graduate in 4, and yes, right away.

AZDoc said:
Anyone heard about Dorsey? The interview with coach Cobb said something like "trying to figure out the Dorsey thing". In context it sounded like maybe a medical redshirt...but also could've been a ability to play at all as a possibility. In the sentence/context of him answering the question, really could've been seen as either. Anyone else hear that or know anything?

I get all my info from GrizJournal

AZDoc said:

He's been playing sounds like he would be 100% by next year. Still messing with the idiots that run the NCAA. If hip tumor missing the whole season doesn't spell medical greyshirt I don't know what would.

Latest posts

Back