• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Possible transfer guard

717s7e

Several years ago Isiah Brown (6-2 guard) from Lynnwood was the Gatorade Player of the Year in the state of Washington. Isiah signed with Northwestern, didn't redshirt, and will be a junior next year. He has announced that is planning to transfer. His playing time went down from Freshman to Sophomore year. Obviously a bright kid or he wouldn't be at Northwestern. With our Seattle contacts, he might be a possible transfer.
With a redshirt year here, he would be ready to go for the 2019-20 year when we lose Mike and Ahmaad.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
From Northwestern's basketball website:

2017-18: Connected on all four free throw attempts while collecting a pair of steals in a win over Sacred Heart (11/24) ... Hit a go-ahead basket with 1:30 left in overtime and then sealed the game with a pair of free throws in an overtime win over Illinois (12/1) ... Contributed 9 points with a pair of assists at Purdue (12/3) ... Posted 7 points and 3 assists in a win over Chicago State (12/11) ... Tallied 7 points in a comeback victory at DePaul (12/16) ... Dished out a career-best 6 assists to go along with 6 points and 4 rebounds in a win over Lewis (12/19) ... Scored a season-high 10 points, including making all three field goal attempts, at No. 17 Oklahoma (12/22) ... Posted a team-high 9 points in only four minutes of action at Indiana (1/14).

2016-17: Appeared in 35 games with two starts ... Scored in double figures in three of his first four collegiate games ... Made collegiate debut in a season-opening win over Mississippi Valley State (11/11), recording 11 points, 4 assists and 3 rebounds ... Posted 11 points in a victory over Eastern Washington (11/14) ... Tallied 10 points in a win over No. 22/21 Texas (11/21) ... Recorded 8 points, 3 assists and 2 steals in a victory over Bryant (11/25) ... Contributed 9 points and 3 assists in a win over New Orleans (12/11) ... Scored 8 points with 2 assists, 2 blocked shots and a steal in a win over Dayton (12/17) ... Posted season highs of 15 points and 4 assists in a victory over IUPUI (12/20) ... Tallied 12 points in a win against Houston Baptist (12/22) ... Provided a spark off the bench with 11 first-half points in a victory at Rutgers (1/12) ... Connected on a pair of clutch late baskets in a road win at Ohio State (1/22), finishing with 7 points and 3 assists ... Scored a team-high 9 points in the first half and finished with 10 in a victory over Nebraska (1/26) ... Posted 11 points with season-high 4 rebounds in first career start at No. 23 Purdue (2/1) ... Tallied a season-high 19 points off the bench against No. 23/24 Maryland (2/15) ... Provided a boost off the bench, scoring 7 points with 3 rebounds and a pair of assists in a victory over No. 25 Maryland in the quarterfinal round of the Big Ten tournament (3/10).

High School: Gatorade Player of the Year in the state of Washington … The News Tribune state Player of the Year … Associated Press Class 3A Player of the Year … Washington Interscholastic Basketball Coaches Association Class 3A Player of the Year … Led the state of Washington with an average of 33.8 points per game senior year, to go along with 6.0 rebounds, 1.9 assists and 1.7 steals per game while shooting 44.7 percent from the field … All-time leading scoring in conference (Metro League) history, posting 2,372 points … Class 3A Associated Press first-team all-state selection as a junior … Two-time first-team All-Metro 3A … Seattle Times all-area pick … Averaged 28.3 points in 2014-15, setting the school single-season scoring record with 867 points and scoring at least 30 points 13 times … Led the Lions to a 3A fourth-place state finish … Set 3A state tournament record with 27 field goals and tied another with 78 points over a three-day span, earning a selection to the all-tournament team … Team MVP … Two-time Metro League scoring champion … Scored 53 points in a game as a sophomore and 50 as a senior … Scored 38 second-half points to lead Lakeside back from a 20-point second-half deficit for the win … Helped Lakeside to a state runner-up finish as a freshman … Metro League Freshman of the Year and Seattle Times all-freshman team pick … Played AAU ball in 2015 adidas Gauntlet for Northwest Panthers … Coached in high school by Shea Robinson and Tavio Hobson.

Personal: Son of Yolanda and Gerald Brown … Born in Anchorage, Alaska … Father played collegiate basketball at University of Alaska Anchorage and played professionally overseas … Father coached Trajan Langdon and Mario Chalmers in Alaska … Attends same high school as Microsoft founders Bill Gates and Paul Allen … Chose Northwestern over Washington, Utah State, UC Irvine and Saint Mary’s... Major is undeclared.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

http://nusports.com/news/2018/3/17/mens-basketball-isiah-brown-opts-to-transfer-from-northwestern.aspx?path=mbball

EVANSTON, Ill. -- Sophomore guard Isiah Brown will transfer from Northwestern in order to pursue playing options at another institution. He will remain enrolled at the University through the remainder of the 2017-18 academic year.

"We have enjoyed having Isiah as part of the program the last two seasons," Sullivan-Ubben head men's basketball coach Chris Collins said. "He has been a terrific representative of Northwestern and we all wish him nothing but the best going forward in his career."

"I will always be grateful for the opportunity to be a part of this program and the Northwestern community," said Brown. " Thank you to everyone for all of the love and support."

A native of Lynnwood, Washington, Brown appeared in 25 games for the Wildcats during the 2017-18 season, averaging 3.9 points per game while shooting 87.1 percent from the free throw line (27-31). He scored a season-best 11 points against Maryland Feb. 19.

Brown saw action in 60 career games during his two seasons with Northwestern, including making two starts. As a freshman, he appeared in 35 contests while averaging 6.3 points per game, including scoring a career-best 19 points against Maryland Feb. 15, 2017.

He was one of the guys that came in last week. He would be agreat get for us and fill an immediate need.(a pg to sit a year be ready to play once Mike and Ahmad leave)

flatheadedgriz said:
He was one of the guys that came in last week. He would be agreat get for us and fill an immediate need.(a pg to sit a year be ready to play once Mike and Ahmad leave)

Good news to hear that he’s already visited... :thumb:

flatheadedgriz said:

And have 2 years of playing time

flatheadedgriz said:

Do you know/can you name any of the other guys in for visits?

I can confirm that Isiah Brown and Jack Williams have visited Montana.

[tweet]https://twitter.com/SkylineSportsMT/status/985968650199875584[/tweet]

Colter_Nuanez56 said:
I can confirm that Isiah Brown and Jack Williams have visited Montana.

[tweet]https://twitter.com/SkylineSportsMT/status/985968650199875584[/tweet]

Uuuuuuugh...living near boise, all I hear about is how good BSU is at everything. Let's Go GRIZ!

HelenaHandBasket said:
HookedonGriz said:
HelenaHandBasket said:
I have heard his decision is down to UM or Boise St.

That's what colter says above....I've heard that too then :). Sorry couldn't resist

Guess I should have actually read through the thread... :oops:

You should be embarrassed...not one of us has ever just made what we thought was a solid/intelligent contribution to this board, or start a new thread, and come to find out was already posted...not one!
On another note, Watching 5he news in boise tonight, BSU just signed Roderick Williams a combo G/F from a JUCO in California. May have a bearing on a transfer guard, even though he will be playing right away. Rice is real high on 5his JUCO kid. Hopefully Brown sees an opportunity to sit a year and then start 2 for the Griz.

AZDoc said:
HelenaHandBasket said:
HookedonGriz said:
HelenaHandBasket said:
I have heard his decision is down to UM or Boise St.

That's what colter says above....I've heard that too then :). Sorry couldn't resist

Guess I should have actually read through the thread... :oops:

You should be embarrassed...not one of us has ever just made what we thought was a solid/intelligent contribution to this board, or start a new thread, and come to find out was already posted...not one!
On another note, Watching 5he news in boise tonight, BSU just signed Roderick Williams a combo G/F from a JUCO in California. May have a bearing on a transfer guard, even though he will be playing right away. Rice is real high on 5his JUCO kid. Hopefully Brown sees an opportunity to sit a year and then start 2 for the Griz.
As things stand now, I think this puts Boise at thirteen scholarships.

Remember, we got beat by Boise State on one of DeCuire's first major recruits, Paris Austin, now at Cal. But no matter. You're gonna lose battles in the recruiting wars. What's more impressive is the way this staff recruits, all-out, full court press, no-stars-barred. Since losing Austin we've signed Oguine, Rorie, Pridgett, Anderson, Moorehead, Kramer, Dorsey and Nicholas. We've identified an under-the-radar player in Eddy Egun who is better than everybody else seems to have realized; lured a top graduate transfer, and signed or got commitments from probably the top three high school kids in Montana. This staff is a recruiting machine. Given their resources and conference, they are five-stars.

citay said:
Remember, we got beat by Boise State on one of DeCuire's first major recruits, Paris Austin, now at Cal. But no matter. You're gonna lose battles in the recruiting wars. What's more impressive is the way this staff recruits, all-out, full court press, no-stars-barred. Since losing Austin we've signed Oguine, Rorie, Pridgett, Anderson, Moorehead, Kramer, Dorsey and Nicholas. We've identified an under-the-radar player in Eddy Egun who is better than everybody else seems to have realized; lured a top graduate transfer, and signed or got commitments from probably the top three high school kids in Montana. This staff is a recruiting machine. Given their resources and conference, they are five-stars.

Well stated! I agree 100% :clap:

717s7e said:
I wasn't optimistic when I saw that Isiah Brown is one of Alphonso Anderson's twitter buds.

With Falls back for three more years, and Malatare and then Rollie Worster coming into the program, I'm not worried about the point guard position. We'll be fine there. The overwhelming good news today is that Eddy Egun has signed.

citay said:
717s7e said:
I wasn't optimistic when I saw that Isiah Brown is one of Alphonso Anderson's twitter buds.

With Falls back for three more years, and Malatare and then Rollie Worster coming into the program, I'm not worried about the point guard position. We'll be fine there. The overwhelming good news today is that Eddy Egun has signed.

Thats a bummer of a miss. Still need a guard of some sort.

Back