• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

One more transfer

flatheadgriz406

Word on the street is one more player will be leaving the program. It is interesting the tone the coaching staff has set with some of these departures. Willingness to compete every day and being a positive influence in the locker room is held in very high regard. Talent doesn't seem to trump these to aspects. I love the tone this sets with our program. It sets the bar high.

Flathead.....Tell us about the bite....Could have sworn I just saw your bobber dissappear just under the surface....

maroonandsilver said:
Mavman said:
Please don't be Nicholas!

You didn't pray hard enuf! (ATTITUDE!!) :(

Too bad if true. I only met him once and seemed like a very nice young man as was his mother.
With a little patience and hard work he would have been crazy good in the BSC

I really don't understand why a freshman who was in the rotation on a successful team would want to leave, especially when 25 mpg were opened up for him with Fabs leaving.

Too bad if true. I'd bet being far from home and school adjustments contributed as much as anything.

Nicholas has upside but was always kind of amazed at the posts here about him and his limitless potential. Yes, a "big" (sort of... 6'6" or 6'7") who looked the part and had great athleticism. But pretty raw with offensive skills. No apparent mid range or outside game and not a good FT shooter. I know Samuelson was RS frosh when he played a couple years ago but his contributions and skill level as a freshman exceeded Nicholas. Griz seemed to survive Samuelson's transfer.

There are other "Nicholas's" out there.

DPGriz said:
I really don't understand why a freshman who was in the rotation on a successful team would want to leave, especially when 25 mpg were opened up for him with Fabs leaving.

If you want to play for TG, you have to check your ego at the door, work hard, don't expect anything given to you unless you earn it, don't pout. And above all, don't influence teammates with your poor attitude.

This fucking blows. I was REALLY looking forward to Nikolas getting more minutes in the rotation.

HookedonGriz said:
Mattdragon said:
How do we know it's true though? any proof?

Maroonandsilver sounds on top of it. Guessing we will hear official announcement within a week or two. Too bad
Maybe Travis will talk about it tonight? Karl could also just be threatening to leave for more mins

Karl could also just be threatening to leave for more mins
[/quote]

This is a stupid statement. A player doesn't threaten to leave for more playing time. He works harder and if he wasn't happy with the result his efforts produce he would request a release. If you knew Travis at all, or anything about him, he would never agree to any player making demands of him. The player who works the hardest for him is the one who reaps the rewards, not one who makes demands of him. Karl is not one who would threaten anyway he is a quality kid. Until we know for sure that this is the case I wouldn't be wasting my time speculating who it is or how they are positioning themselves.

Back