• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Rorie Declaring for the Draft

Surprised more guys don't do this. Awesome opportunity to gauge where you sit among other NBA caliber players. Would hate to lose him but would love to see him get a look!

...he's good but is he that good...
...only 60 guys get drafted...
...no agent no harm...

... :clap: ...

zengriz said:
...he's good but is he that good...
...only 60 guys get drafted...
...no agent no harm...

... :clap: ...

I'll argue he was a lot better than Tyler Hall this year, and making first-team big sky didn't hurt. I thought hall would be a for sure NBA player after watching his first couple seasons at the cats. I'm not quite sure what fell off last year. With Rorie, he has gotten better each season.

He is good, very good but not ready for prime time

Wish him the best. Who knows what could happen but he and Hall will likely return

A lot of guys flooding an over saturated market

first11 said:

Wish him the best. Who knows what could happen but he and Hall will likely return

Two good points. Except for a wildcard at filling a very special need for some team, I do not see him getting a shot. Just too man (very) good but not great guys declaring for the draft. Smart move, though, to keep his college option open by not signing with an agent.

Gets in front of NBA scouts and if he does not get a look then returns for Montana with something to prove. The NBA will know who he is and may scout him during the season

Does he have to withdraw before the draft to stay eligible to play next year?

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Basketball student-athletes may enter a professional league’s draft once during their college career without jeopardizing their eligibility as long as they are not drafted by a professional team and as long as they declare their intention to resume playing for their college team before the first day of the spring signing period, typically in April.

This year, men's basketball student-athletes wishing to retain their eligibility must withdraw from the NBA draft by 11:59 p.m. Tuesday, April 10. This applies only to underclassmen who already have declared for the draft.

after further review the NCAA website is a joke and MAY 20th is the deadline. They have to withdraw before MAY 30th for the June 21st draft

http://www.nbadraft.net/ranking/bigboard

I haven't noticed a 2018 draft prospect ranking outside of this one, and didn't see Rorie on the list (yet).

first11 said:

...been thinking about it..he's got a real shot...
...flawless mid range jumper..develop a three ball...
...nba body proto-type..displays wizardry at both ends...
...win win..he makes it good on him..if not we get him back...

... :cool: ...

He really has nothing to lose at this stage and almost 6 weeks to change his mind if he decides to do so. The only real risk is if he does get drafted and does not make the team.

Question: If he does not get drafted but gets a post draft offer, goes to a camp but never signs, is he still eligible to come back and play college ball?

Washgrizfan1 said:
I love Rorie and believe he is a great player. He has no shot of being drafted this year.

Maybe not but he's getting his name out there, comes back with a vengeance his senior year. Got to love that.

Gaeilge1 said:
He really has nothing to lose at this stage and almost 6 weeks to change his mind if he decides to do so. The only real risk is if he does get drafted and does not make the team.

Question: If he does not get drafted but gets a post draft offer, goes to a camp but never signs, is he still eligible to come back and play college ball?

Does he have any classes to pass this semester?

Gaeilge1 said:
I don't know. But even if he does graduate can't he come back if he enrolls in some classes?
yeah, he'd come back Montana if he doesn't get drafted or signed since he didn't sign an agent

Back