• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

NCAA NATIOAL CHAMPIONSHIP MSU vs Villanova

LivingstonNative

Can Michigan slow this game down? The line this morning was Villanova by 6 1/2. I would like to see Michigan win this game, since we played them.

Normally, I'd be pulling for a team not from the Power 5 conferences. In this case, I like both teams. Bonus: the GRIZ loss will feel a little better. Goes to show, Michigan was as tough of a matchup as anyone could have in the round of 64.

...big michigan man for two weeks...
...thinking of bailing of the bandwagon...
...didn't get the tee shirt..didn't get a hat...

... :shock: ...

mtgrizrule said:
Normally, I'd be pulling for a team not from the Power 5 conferences. In this case, I like both teams. Bonus: the GRIZ loss will feel a little better. Goes to show, Michigan was as tough of a matchup as anyone could have in the round of 64.

Agree. We did get a tough draw. Right now, we have a tight game. If this game goes down to free throws Villanova will probably win. Villanova up 32 to 28 with three minutes to go in the half.

LivingstonNative said:
mtgrizrule said:
Agree. We did get a tough draw. Right now, we have a tight game. If this game goes down to free throws Villanova will probably win. Villanova up 32 to 28 with three minutes to go in the half.
Mo "The Kraut" Wagner kept Michigan in this half. I can see some halftime adjustments to allow the (other) UM to make a run ... but 'Nova just has too many weapons for even Michigan to stop everything. By that, I mean I do not see the Wolverines winning this with defense. Michigan has, at times in past games, shown some pretty decent offense, and I'm thinking that may be the only way they can win this ... pretty good D to keep 'Nova from running away and then countering with a bunch more offense.

...idagriz makes the call...
...villy got to many weapons...
...michigan can't match up...

... :cool: ...

IdaGriz01 said:
... Mo "The Kraut" Wagner kept Michigan in this half. I can see some halftime adjustments to allow the (other) UM to make a run ... but 'Nova just has too many weapons for even Michigan to stop everything. By that, I mean I do not see the Wolverines winning this with defense. Michigan has, at times in past games, shown some pretty decent offense, and I'm thinking that may be the only way they can win this ... pretty good D to keep 'Nova from running away and then countering with a bunch more offense.
Offense did not happen, so Michigan got pounded, 79-62.

Michigan shot just 3 of 23 on treys. If they hit just 6 more -- for a mediocre 9 of 23 (39%) -- they win the game. To compound that problem, they got beat on the boards: 38 to 27.

Back