• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Travis D's Earnings for this Season

KILO217

I was curious if anyone knows what Travis' total earnings were for 2017-2018 season? His salary for the third year of his contract plus the additional bonuses he earned for the team's accomplishments this season. I was wondering with the Great season how well the contract bonuses supplemented his base salary...

You can make the argument that a basketball coach should not make more than the University president.

You can make that argument ad nauseam, until the cows come home and hell freezes over, but it simply doesn't square with the fundamental truth that college athletics is where the bucks are: the ticket revenue, the TV revenue, the prestige that flows to the school that makes it to the NCAA tournament, the increased enrollments, the refreshed pride and excitement among the big alumni donor base.

I have no idea why Montana is so retrograde on this topic, so content to be "limbs on a coaching tree" rather than an Angel Oak or a Flowering Maple. On this score, Montana's head is so far up its ass, a proctologist could not find it, and we Griz fans and the University itself have to live with the malady.

I don't know what his radio and TV contract pay him. I would like to see the school give incentives for tickets sold or season ticket increases etc. I know NDSU did this with Bohl so he could benefit for growing the program. This is a good way to give a raise but have increased revenue to pay for it.

This is going from memory so it isn’t perfect, but it’s in the realm of 200,000 to 220,000 all in. Base was roughly 185,000.

go96griz said:
This is going from memory so it isn’t perfect, but it’s in the realm of 200,000 to 220,000 all in. Base was roughly 185,000.

Well, since the U announced Trav's extension last week, with a bump in salary of $20,000, from $155,000 to $175,00, your memory indeed isn't perfect. :lol:

maroonandsilver said:
go96griz said:

Well, since the U announced Trav's extension last week, with a bump in salary of $20,000, from $155,000 to $175,00, your memory indeed isn't perfect. :lol:

Yeah, I think the expected all up was $185,000 based on the old contract. Sorry, didn't have time to look all of this up.

Back